Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Juan Velasco signs....

On a bosman - on official site now.Looks like rumours have been proved truehttp://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1244108,00.html

(Mods merge with other threads if some are around)

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1244108,00.html

Former Spanish defender Juan Velasco has been signed on a Bosman.

"Juan Velasco Damas aka Velasco (born 15 May 1977 in Seville) is a Spanish football player who is currently without a club, having recently left RCD Espanyol of the Spanish La Liga. His usual demarcation is right defender. He was capped four times by Spain, his debut coming in 2000."

[quote user=" C.T"]I dont rate Jon Otsemobor- good move Glenn[Y][/quote] how can u not rate semmy, he is a great right back, and especially good at linking up with crofty.

[quote user=" C.T"]I dont rate Jon Otsemobor- good move Glenn[Y][/quote]sounds like semmy is crocked - been carrying an achilles prob for a while now hasn''t he???glad to see experience over youth preferred - but will vellers be fit enough for champs??? hope so.

going by the risks of FM... he looks like he could be alright.4 goals in 297 career appearances... meh hes a right back.will have to wait and see, any strength in depth is better than none at all, wonder who else roeder has in on trial.

At least this one isn''t a loan!  I don''t think it is necessarily a matter of not rating Otsemobor, he has been carrying an injury for a while so it is a bit of a no brainer that someone was needed for cover.

[quote user=" C.T"]I dont rate Jon Otsemobor- good move Glenn[Y][/quote]

I rate Otsemobor quite highly, but it''s excellent that we have competition for the right-back place.  I don''t really want Russell playing there again, he''s best in centre mid.

[quote user="Fellas"]Obviously Glenn doesn''t rate semmy. Shame. I thought he played very well against Hull.[/quote]Not really. Ever heard of ''cover'' and ''competition for places''? Seeing as our ''right back cover'' loanee can no longer walk, it''s not a great surprise.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

He obviously does not rate Jon Ots''

[/quote]

The more observant amongst us will have noted that Mathew Bates has returned to Middlesborough due to injury and that Semi is suffering from problems with his achillies tendon.

Seeing as we are second guessing what GR thinks, here is my second guess - He obviously has noticed that one of his 2 RB''s has blown his knee and that the other has a lingering injury so he needs cover.

[quote user="Fellas"]Obviously Glenn doesn''t rate semmy. Shame. I thought he played very well against Hull.
[/quote]

I think it`s just to have some competition and cover. Semmy has been carrying a knock for some time and experiments with others at right back have not been successful.  

*juan Velasco, juan Velasco Lalalalalalalaaa OLE!*

sounds a decent player with a good pedigree! former international and nearly 300 games in one of the best leagues in the world...

He''ll P**s this league!

jas :)

Why is everyone assuming now that Roeder does not rate Semi? Semi has played so much this season and we only have one decent right back. If anything say that Roeder doesn''t rate Cave-Brown.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]I think its competition/Cover for Otsemobor everyone, not a replacement.[/quote]

Yep. If Bates had not been injured I don''t think he would have signed.

[quote user=" C.T"]I dont rate Jon Otsemobor- good move Glenn[Y][/quote]

Completely agree, don''t rate him either, no better than Jurgen Colin, good move to bring in another right back, can''t be any worse than Otsemobor, he can''t defend

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

*juan Velasco, juan Velasco Lalalalalalalaaa OLE!*

sounds a decent player with a good pedigree! former international and nearly 300 games in one of the best leagues in the world...

He''ll P**s this league!

jas :)

[/quote]

Drazen Muzinic had a good pedigree! Captain of Yugoslavia etc.

Let''s wait and see.

OTBC

A good move, short term deal. if he does ok he can win an extension. Sensible option.

As has been stated elsewhere, it looks like GR doesn''t rate Cave-Brown given that he is rarely close to first team action and he has chosen to loan numerous players of the same age or even younger than C-B rather than give him a chance. Is he any good?