Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Evening News survey on fans' feelings

You should have asked a question relating to how fans feel specifically about the Board. And the question about "is the club moving in the right direction?" is too vague as the Club has many parts to it - the players, the coaching staff, the executive, the administrative part, and of course, the fans.

You should have asked if fans had any faith in the present board................I don''t....................surely that one question is central to your survey, and why I didn''t fill it in!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

You should have asked if fans had any faith in the present board................I don''t....................surely that one question is central to your survey, and why I didn''t fill it in!.[:|]

[/quote]

Surely the whole point of the survey is to compare the answers with those that were given here :-

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1041121/ShowPost.aspx

So no, I don''t think a new question about the bored would be central to the survey [*-)]

" and why I didn''t fill it in!"because knowing your consistency you would probably have changed your mind a couple of times before you got to the end !

We all know your feelings on the board Wiz and it''s one I share(and many,many others), but do you have to bang on about it on every single thread? [:|]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" and why I didn''t fill it in!"

because knowing your consistency you would probably have changed your mind a couple of times before you got to the end !
[/quote]

Grow up, and answer the point I raised............oh sorry, you can''t!.

[quote user="inch_high"]

We all know your feelings on the board Wiz and it''s one I share(and many,many others), but do you have to bang on about it on every single thread? [:|]

[/quote]

Yes mate, but until certain posters accept that I haven''t changed my mind on them I''ll keep on about it. I''m concerned that the survey didn''t contain a board question, why leave it out? its central, surely?.

It leaves Archant open to accusastions in my opinion.

I think it''s a good idea and hopefully bring some answers from the club on certain matters. I think the main issue is that the club as a whole has become very secretive in recent seasons and this hasn''t put the club in great light. Fans want to know how much money there is (or where the moneys gone) and are they really backing the manager. This also filters down to Glenn and are certain players wanted or not wanted. We are a family club that doesn''t always feel a family.

[/quote]

There''s a box for "any other comments", Wiz, so you could have filled in the survey and added a few choice words on your feelings regarding the board in that.

Does anybody know when the results of this survey will be published in the EEN?

I think people need to drop the insult the board campaign.I think most fans would accept that to consistantly push for promotion we need more investment in the team - I don''t think that there is any evidence to suggest that the current board are not doing their best to do so.The only thing you can criticise them for is not having enough money to do it themselves. Personally I find it unacceptable to protest against them for this - it won''t promote the club to plausible investors nor will it take the club forward or progress our situation.

[quote user="chicken"]I think people need to drop the insult the board campaign.I think most fans would accept that to consistantly push for promotion we need more investment in the team - I don''t think that there is any evidence to suggest that the current board are not doing their best to do so.The only thing you can criticise them for is not having enough money to do it themselves. Personally I find it unacceptable to protest against them for this - it won''t promote the club to plausible investors nor will it take the club forward or progress our situation.[/quote]Totally agree that the ''insult the board'' campaign should be be dropped. There''s no question that they''re trying to do their best for the club. People who say otherwise are blind, stupid or misongynistic. It really winds me up when thoughtless insults are hurled at the people on the board - they''re human beings too.But their actions surely can be criticised. At any company, you have to choose how to invest your money. Investing in infrastructure seems like a sure thing; investing in players seems like a gamble, and the board have done more investing in bricks and mortar than they have in quality players. The irony is, if you buy quality players (like Ashton and Earnie), you always get your money back (unless the player has a career-ending injury, admittedly). So I think the board need to adjust their prudence vs ambition balance and spend more on permanent transfers. You may not agree, but surely it''s a reasonable view to hold (and to protest about)?Protesting against them for not being rich enough is obviously laughable. But there''s a serious debate to be had about whether we would like NCFC to be bought by a Marcus Evans-type figure. Personally I would rather the club retained its character than became an identikit, foreign-owned club. If that means not being in the Premier League, so be it. Clearly some people would describe this as a ''little Norwich'' attitude, and perhaps they''re right. But what I get from supporting City is a real sense of belonging and community, that the club represents the people of its City and county. You couldn''t say that about Middlesbrough, Fulham, Blackburn etc - they represent the rich people who own them. Read the thread on City''s win over ManU 41 years ago- that''s what supporting a club like City is all about.At the end of the day there is a debate to be had about the direction of the club and the board''s role in it. Throwing insults around never makes that debate interesting.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" and why I didn''t fill it in!"

because knowing your consistency you would probably have changed your mind a couple of times before you got to the end !
[/quote]

[/quote]

How about you give us some more of your point, instead of just saying ''I don''t have faith in the board'' come out with some answers and constructive critism and apart from them all leaving, what you would like done, are you happy with the boards policy on their off field activitys etc. I''m not having a dig at you, I want some constructive posts off you.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="chicken"]I think people need to drop the insult the board campaign.

I think most fans would accept that to consistantly push for promotion we need more investment in the team - I don''t think that there is any evidence to suggest that the current board are not doing their best to do so.

The only thing you can criticise them for is not having enough money to do it themselves. Personally I find it unacceptable to protest against them for this - it won''t promote the club to plausible investors nor will it take the club forward or progress our situation.
[/quote]

Totally agree that the ''insult the board'' campaign should be be dropped. There''s no question that they''re trying to do their best for the club. People who say otherwise are blind, stupid or misongynistic. It really winds me up when thoughtless insults are hurled at the people on the board - they''re human beings too.

But their actions surely can be criticised. At any company, you have to choose how to invest your money. Investing in infrastructure seems like a sure thing; investing in players seems like a gamble, and the board have done more investing in bricks and mortar than they have in quality players. The irony is, if you buy quality players (like Ashton and Earnie), you always get your money back (unless the player has a career-ending injury, admittedly). So I think the board need to adjust their prudence vs ambition balance and spend more on permanent transfers. You may not agree, but surely it''s a reasonable view to hold (and to protest about)?

Protesting against them for not being rich enough is obviously laughable. But there''s a serious debate to be had about whether we would like NCFC to be bought by a Marcus Evans-type figure. Personally I would rather the club retained its character than became an identikit, foreign-owned club. If that means not being in the Premier League, so be it. Clearly some people would describe this as a ''little Norwich'' attitude, and perhaps they''re right. But what I get from supporting City is a real sense of belonging and community, that the club represents the people of its City and county. You couldn''t say that about Middlesbrough, Fulham, Blackburn etc - they represent the rich people who own them. Read the thread on City''s win over ManU 41 years ago- that''s what supporting a club like City is all about.

At the end of the day there is a debate to be had about the direction of the club and the board''s role in it. Throwing insults around never makes that debate interesting.
[/quote]

I have to say, what a very well constructed post mate, I agree with 99% of your points. Nice to have a decent post, learn from this Wiz (Now that was a dig at you Wiz)

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="chicken"]I think people need to drop the insult the board campaign.

I think most fans would accept that to consistantly push for promotion we need more investment in the team - I don''t think that there is any evidence to suggest that the current board are not doing their best to do so.

The only thing you can criticise them for is not having enough money to do it themselves. Personally I find it unacceptable to protest against them for this - it won''t promote the club to plausible investors nor will it take the club forward or progress our situation.
[/quote]

Totally agree that the ''insult the board'' campaign should be be dropped. There''s no question that they''re trying to do their best for the club. People who say otherwise are blind, stupid or misongynistic. It really winds me up when thoughtless insults are hurled at the people on the board - they''re human beings too.

But their actions surely can be criticised. At any company, you have to choose how to invest your money. Investing in infrastructure seems like a sure thing; investing in players seems like a gamble, and the board have done more investing in bricks and mortar than they have in quality players. The irony is, if you buy quality players (like Ashton and Earnie), you always get your money back (unless the player has a career-ending injury, admittedly). So I think the board need to adjust their prudence vs ambition balance and spend more on permanent transfers. You may not agree, but surely it''s a reasonable view to hold (and to protest about)?

Protesting against them for not being rich enough is obviously laughable. But there''s a serious debate to be had about whether we would like NCFC to be bought by a Marcus Evans-type figure. Personally I would rather the club retained its character than became an identikit, foreign-owned club. If that means not being in the Premier League, so be it. Clearly some people would describe this as a ''little Norwich'' attitude, and perhaps they''re right. But what I get from supporting City is a real sense of belonging and community, that the club represents the people of its City and county. You couldn''t say that about Middlesbrough, Fulham, Blackburn etc - they represent the rich people who own them. Read the thread on City''s win over ManU 41 years ago- that''s what supporting a club like City is all about.

At the end of the day there is a debate to be had about the direction of the club and the board''s role in it. Throwing insults around never makes that debate interesting.
[/quote]

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]No date set as yet (especially as the news ed. who set it up isn''t in today), but when I know I''ll make a post here.
[/quote]

Vince is this exactly the same survey form that was used before and why is there not a question about the fans confidence in the Board? Was the survey comissioned by NCFC or is it an initiative by the press. If it is your own survey then surely you could have picked up on the concerns expressed on this board about the strategy taken by the Board and asked a question to that effect? Please let us know. Thanks 

[/quote]

[/quote]

One of the best posts I''ve read on this board. Nice one.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Vince is this exactly the same survey form that was used before and why is there not a question about the fans confidence in the Board? Was the survey comissioned by NCFC or is it an initiative by the press. If it is your own survey then surely you could have picked up on the concerns expressed on this board about the strategy taken by the Board and asked a question to that effect? Please let us know. Thanks 

[/quote]

Nearly the same, but not quite.New question on this latest one: - What should be the realistic aim for the club next season?Questions in October, not on the new one:- What is good about the club? (this wasn''t a multiple choice thing, just anything people wanted to add)- What improvements would you like to see? (as above)Both surveys are from the Evening News newsdesk (not the webteam). They have not been commissioned by NCFC.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have to say, what a very well constructed post mate, I agree with 99% of your points. Nice to have a decent post, learn from this Wiz (Now that was a dig at you Wiz)

[/quote]

Since this board sacked Mike Walker years ago, and since the Worthy saga, I have written countless pages on how inept, and the reasons I find this shower of a board totally bad for the club

Its not my fault you wern''t here or didn''t listen, or pay attention to me back then is it?.

And thats a dig right back at you CIB!.[:D]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Six months on?

Glenn will have been in place for four months at the end of this month.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well spotted, BBB. First survey was in the Evening News on October 2, 2007 - so about four and a half months later.... I will say "tsk, tsk" to someone....Here are some pages from last year:[url=http://www.pinkun.com/_images/forums/EN_07100_MAIN_004005.pdf]Evening News, October 2, 2007, p4-5 (PDF)[/url] - survey[url=http://www.pinkun.com/_images/forums/EN_071004_MAIN_002003.pdf]Evening News, October 4, 2007, p2-3 (PDF)[/url] - results[url=http://www.pinkun.com/_images/forums/EN_071011_MAIN_004005.pdf]Evening News, October 11, 2007, p4-5 (PDF)[/url] - comment

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

Nearly the same, but not quite.

New question on this latest one:
 - What should be the realistic aim for the club next season?

Questions in October, not on the new one:
- What is good about the club? (this wasn''t a multiple choice thing, just anything people wanted to add)
- What improvements would you like to see? (as above)

Both surveys are from the Evening News newsdesk (not the webteam). They have not been commissioned by NCFC.

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Vince

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve always had a sense of belonging with NCFC and that actually was tested after the Premiership season where i felt the board than started to see things different to the fans and started becoming secretive and misleading in there public comments,which has given birth to the ''Spin'' theory. Also Delia tries to hard to promote the club as ''One big family'' and in doing so has given the right image off the pitch but the wrong one on it. The sense of belonging to NCFC is all about the geography of the club and very little about the owner as its always been there with the great folk of Norwich/Norfolk. Your comments about clubs like Boro and Blackburn have some truth in it but what about Portsmouth,Reading and the likes? All very much clubs with a good strong community fan base. And as much as it pains me,i cant really see the scum losing there roots because they go out and spend a few million. I suppose the difference of opinion is if your happy to plod along and see where it takes us or if you feel we''ve got more in us than what we are currently doing and if the board has the fight to go all out to make it happen, or, as is the case with me, the board has taken us as far as it can and its time to look to freshen things up. [If you really want to know what i think on this well,i believe the Board do not want to give up NCFC because, like you say,its one big family now and its to hard for Smith and Jones to give away.]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since this board sacked Mike Walker years ago, and since the Worthy saga, I have written countless pages on how inept, and the reasons I find this shower of a board totally bad for the club

Its not my fault you wern''t here or didn''t listen, or pay attention to me back then is it?.

And thats a dig right back at you CIB!.[:D]

[/quote]

To be honest I have probably read a lot of your posts and thought, like alot on here, that you type endless dribble and so much of it, it all gets gelled in to one big lump of brown stuff, that we really never know what your actual point is. I have been reading on this board for donks now although only really recently have posted more. Walker should have been sacked to be honest, he should never have left in the first place and certainly should not have been taken back, boards fault? Oh yes. I blame the board on a lot, I thank the board on more occasions.

[/quote]You really need a new way of evading critique other than retorts about your fellow board members being somehow immature