Sign in to follow this  
Snake Pit Rebel

One Mark Robins!!

Heard with sadness yesterday that Robbo has finally have to retire with a serious knee injury that he picked up while at Sheff Wed.

Would just like to thank the man for the service that he gave to us and my fondest memory of him was when we were 2-0 down at Arsenal and he came off the bench and helped us to win 4-2 with him scoring 2 of the goals.His second was a real cracker,dispossesing Adams and chipping Seaman from 25 yards.

I for one was gutted to see him go.

Good luck for the future mate and you''ll be surely missed!!

Good shout SPR.

Truly a great player, and that match has to be one of the top ten ever for a Norwich fan.

Was opening day of the season as well, sunny day, Arsenal had won the league the previous season, and the North Bank was full of cupboard cut outs of fans whilst it was being built.

Man Utd Reserves could do with sending us a couple more like him.

I too would like to wish Robins all the best for the future.

Agree Robins was a very good player for Norwich, unfortunately never quite the same player after his serious knee injury v Bayern Munich

Good luck to Mark Robins where ever he goes. Loved him when he arrived at Carrow Rd following Fleck''s departure. He always seemed to be in the right place at the right time to score goals.

I''ll never forget that opening day game vs Arsenal. I came in and switched on final score on BBC One to hear Des Lynam say "...oh and it looks like Norwich have got another one. So that''s four-two now". Heaven.

I remember that Saturday as if it was yeaterday, we were 0-2 down at half time .... it looked as if it was doom and gloom coming up for the second half, but I remember later hearing Mike Walker said to Mark.....go on and score a couple of goals or us...haha.... he did and it was a magical victory that I for one will never forget.
OTBC

Yes that was a happy day - a hot Summers afternoon - listening to Roy Waller (whatever happened to him!) commentating on the game on the Car Radio as cannot get Radio Norfolk in the house in South Essex. Severe depression as we are losing with 20 minutes to go and trudge indoors to "see" the last 20 mins on Teletext...Fantastic.

As Rush says the laconic comment from Mike Walker of "see what you can do?" was oft repeated as was the other comment from the media - "Arsenal were so bad that the cardboard cut out fans in the South Bank got up to leave with ten minutes to go!"

Set us up for a memorable season.

I too wish Mark all the best in the future - he is the one player whose career I have monitored since departure and always checked for his teams results. Any thoughts on a similar thanks message board on here?

We have to remember of course that in the 2002/3 Seson he scored one last crucial goal - for Rotherham against the binmen - thus ensuring that they did not qualify for the playoffs that Season. I was in Squares at the time and the place erupted to a choruses of "only one Mark Robins" and "walking in a Robins wonderland" made the loss against Wolves just about palatable.

I was in Manchester staying with some friends on the day of "that" Arsenal match. They gave me some serious stick during the first half, but the revenge was sweet after the second half :-0) Good luck to MR...he deserves it after good service to the game.

Yeah all the best to Mark Robins , at the time after Flecky had just left us , we actually splashed £800k on him and l thought it was a brilliant signing for us . After the dream debut at Highbury he said he''d '' put himself under a bit of pressure '' but you wouldn''t have noticed as he notched 15 goals for us in the Premiership . l agree with Steve White after picking up the cruiciate ligament injury he was never quite the same player . Mind you Deehan treated him like shit after Mike Walker left and eventually he was cashed in to Leiceste for 1 million .

I have some very fond memories of that season. Mark Robins was simply fantastic and I remember a superb goal he scored right in front of me after his comeback the following year.(Home to Southampton 4-5). One of the greatest. All the best Mark!!!