Sign in to follow this  
Poringland Canary (1)

Jarvis boys

Come on you guys. What do you think about the Jarvis lads?

I personally think that although they may be as good as the loanees, they seemed to think they would get a run out for the first team no matter what?

So it was good to make them think again.

We need youngsters who are hungry, and I am not sure they are hungry enough.

Ryan seems to ne content playing for Notts County, but I hope Rossi has dreams above that.

So what do you think?

Neither are good enough to play at this level. Probably good in their age groups when they were younger but not remotely near being up to this standard.

Lets compare Ryan to say Ched Evans... the difference in ability, potential and performance is just massive.

And how about Rossi...well it''s difficult to know where Rossi is meant to play because he''s not cut out for any position but lets pick Ryan Bertrand... again there is a massive difference in quality.

Just not good enough.

Well if you show talent in training (don''t know if they have, they probably crap) and if they preform well in reserve games, they deserve a chance, they both played well for reserves, i know its nothing like first team, but you deserve a chance, like Rossi got under Grant, and i think he will on Saturday, i liked them, i think Ryan gave up because he wasn''t playing for the first team, hes never been lazy in the reserves when i have been so i don''t know why he is in first team, when he gets his 45-30 Min''s every season :D

[quote user="Poringland Canary 1"]

Come on you guys. What do you think about the Jarvis lads?

I personally think that although they may be as good as the loanees, they seemed to think they would get a run out for the first team no matter what?

So it was good to make them think again.

We need youngsters who are hungry, and I am not sure they are hungry enough.

Ryan seems to ne content playing for Notts County, but I hope Rossi has dreams above that.

So what do you think?

[/quote]

Both are lightweights (ditto Eagle, Henry, Gibbs).

Martin (perhaps too hungry!) and Spillane are the only youngsters I''ve seen, worth perservering with.

Young players have got to make an impact at some point though. Ryan talks about opportunities but he''s had loads of them at Norwich and has never made a big impression. We have been told that he has lots of talent but, other than one great goal against Liverpool, he has never proved that at our level. Roeder has said that a striker''s main job is to score goals and Jarvis has never done that. Even now he is talking about moving to Notts County yet he hasn''t scored a goal in four games for them. They''re in League 2 so what hope would he have in The Championship.

As for Rossi, he should stop moaning, get his head down and play. He talks as if the club owes him a starting place juist because he''s been here a long time. Fact is, other than that game against Man City, he wasn''t good enough in our midfield.

We do need to look at what happens to our young players though. Some of them clearly have talent yet they aren''t ready for first team action as most of them don''t have the physique for Championship football. The only one who has made an impact in recent times is Chris Martin and he seems to be throwing it all away...

Robert Eagle just isn''t good enough. I''m sure he''s very willing but he''s just not quick enough. Like Lappin really. If you are going to play on the wing you need to be quicker than Eagle or Lappin.

I remember seeing Rossi play a few seasons ago in a pre season friendly, Inter I believe, and thinking he was the best player in a yellow shirt that day. Full of confidence and a really good touch, not at all overawed by the opposition. The ability is definitely there so what''s happened to the confidence? Maybe Glenn is the man to bring it back.

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]

If you are going to play on the wing you need to be quicker than Eagle or Lappin.

[/quote]I think they should include that in the FA coaching manual."Bugger, I didnt pass my Lappin. Back to that HND in woodwork."

But Ryan Jarvis is pure garbage. Period.

And Rossi''s sheer & utter laziness to get over to take corners in injury time against Scunthorpe at home when we wanted the points has turned him against me forever. That''s my personal opinion.

Still, if he scores the winner on Saturday (if he plays) I will of course be loving every minute of it!!!! (Ah, the fickle world of a football fan!!!!!!!)