Sign in to follow this  
BRAVEHEART

FANS SHOULD DEMONSTRATE TO TRY AND KEEP HUCKERBY

Wooooo! Another demonstration suggested by the muppets on the pinkun - somethings never change!I think you should set up a committee and vote each month on which pathetic injustice the fans should demonstrate on - let the clown show continue!

[quote user="ricky knight"]All of a sudden, Hux cant head a ball, tackle,track back, well hello he never did but i did not hear anyone complaining when he helped us get promotion or been our best player by a country mile over the years, blxxdy hell on get criticised on here but some of you take the biscuit.[/quote]

Quite agree Ricky, noone ever complained about him tracking back the year we got promoted did they or the season after or the season after that!!

Short memories people have and aren''t fans shallow when a legend like Hucks can go from hero to zero in such a short time.

I bet if there was an organised vote amongst people attending the next match game that 90 % of fans would agree that Hucks should be ahead of Gibbs, Henry and Pattison in the 16 man squad!

[quote user="cityangel"]

I bet if there was an organised vote amongst people attending the next match game that 90 % of fans would agree that Hucks should be ahead of Gibbs, Henry and Pattison in the 16 man squad!

[/quote]

I bet you''re right but obviously Glenn Roeder feels differently. So are 90% of the fans right, or is Roeder right, or do we maybe not know the whole story?

Whatever the reason I think it''s a shame that we are having these conversations on these threads. If Huckerby is leaving then it would be nice to think that Sheffield Wednesday away would be a tribute to him in the way Crewe away was to Iwan. But it''s not the same now. Roeder isn''t Worthington. It''s no more Mr Nice Guy I''m afraid. But it''s what many fans wanted and you can''t have it both ways.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I bet you''re right but obviously Glenn Roeder feels differently. So are 90% of the fans right, or is Roeder right, or do we maybe not know the whole story?  [/quote]

The why doesnt someone tell us the whole story so we can make our own minds up?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]All of a sudden, Hux cant head a ball, tackle,track back, well hello he never did but i did not hear anyone complaining when he helped us get promotion or been our best player by a country mile over the years, blxxdy hell on get criticised on here but some of you take the biscuit.[/quote]

Quite agree Ricky, noone ever complained about him tracking back the year we got promoted did they or the season after or the season after that!!

Short memories people have and aren''t fans shallow when a legend like Hucks can go from hero to zero in such a short time.

[/quote]

we should of spent the cash on a Hucks replacement in January i feel.. still keep him here of course until May.. but then we would of had a new face on the left who could of perhaps learnt from him

jas :)

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I bet you''re right but obviously Glenn Roeder feels differently. So are 90% of the fans right, or is Roeder right, or do we maybe not know the whole story?  [/quote]

The why doesnt someone tell us the whole story so we can make our own minds up?

[/quote]

Now then angel, you''re allowing your emotion to cause your undies to get into a twist. If Darren is the one who you feel is disenfranchised here then why isn''t HE telling the whole story so you can make your mind up. It''s not as if he has a tremendous amount to lose at this point. Hopefully, it''s because he''s too professional to put matters that are between himself and the club into the media and public eye. Hopefully, therefore, we would all expect the club to behave equally professionally.

Hucks had a bad pre season, he has a hip problem, the team under grant was  dire, Roeder has not played him, not the best way for him to shine, i still reckon given a run confidence and form would return, just my take on it.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Hucks had a bad pre season, he has a hip problem, the team under grant was  dire, Roeder has not played him, not the best way for him to shine, i still reckon given a run confidence and form would return, just my take on it.[/quote]

Bloody hell Ricky, we''re dangerously close to agreeing again! [:D] 

[quote user="ricky knight"]hey we might even end up drinking buddies [:D][/quote]

You probably already are. If you stop guzzling for a few minutes and talk to each other, in the words of Hercule Poirot,  all will be revealed.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Who has said and where has it been said by fans that he has gone from hero to zero???

To be honest we all know you will defend Huck''s until the cows come home, and to be honest can''t say as I blame you, have done the same of other players in the past, however, to call fans shallow, and people with short memories I feel is out of order. 

I haven''t seen one fan on here saying he''s useless, never was any good, all fans are saying is he isnt now the player he once was, he''s carrying a hip injury for gods sake so he''s not going to be as agile as he was last year is he?  He is a canary Legend that''s for sure and I haven''t seen one fan say he isn''t.

But until either Huck''s comes out and tells his side of things, or until GR comes out and puts his point to us then we won''t know either way.  I just wish this whole Huck''s debate would be laid to bed, because I for one am getting rather tired of the endless Huckerby threads.

user="macdougall''s perm"]I have to say that this is the only thing that Roeder has done to p*ss me off so far. It does seem unreal that Gibbs has been selected ahead of Hucks - joke! Yep totally agree - first Ricky agrees with you, now me! what the devil is going on Mac?

I personally think that the Board and the Chief Exec have become stale, lost their pace, ravenous appetite for football, seen better days - and should be put out to Frettenham Horse Sanctuary to see out their retirement......And replaced with a few frisky Stallion''s and some young vibrant fillies.....

But it''s only a personal opinion......

Everything has a ''sell by'' date..... 

[quote user="ricky knight"]........ but i did not hear anyone complaining when he helped us get promotion or been our best player by a country mile over the years[/quote]Really? try the search facility

[quote user="ricky knight"] blxxdy hell on get criticised on here

but some of you take the biscuit.[/quote]Err...........what?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]hey we might even end up drinking buddies [:D][/quote]

You probably already are. If you stop guzzling for a few minutes and talk to each other, in the words of Hercule Poirot,  all will be revealed.

[/quote]

Funny! [:D]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="BigFish"]The bottom line is you should pick (and build your best team) and I have seen nothing to indicate that Hux doesn''t warrant a place in the team (go on - make an argument that Gibbs is better)[/quote]

How about Bertrand then?

[/quote]

Not sure a borrowed left back really amounts to the same thing, Graham.

I think we would all love to see Hucks stay with us if he could reproduce the kind of form which has made him such legend for us.  The big question is can he show the form of previous seasons?

I think if he can get his hip fit then he can still do somehthing for us this season but in my opinion Hucks is now past his best, he has been a great player for us and will always be remembered as a true city legend.  I think we should except that he is going to leave and get his final big payday in the USA and good luck to him because he will rip teams to shreads over there.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]  user="macdougall''s perm"]I have to say that this is the only thing that Roeder has done to p*ss me off so far. It does seem unreal that Gibbs has been selected ahead of Hucks - joke!

Yep totally agree - first Ricky agrees with you, now me! what the devil is going on Mac?
[/quote]

Brilliant, lol! [:D]

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="BigFish"]The bottom line is you should pick (and build your best team) and I have seen nothing to indicate that Hux doesn''t warrant a place in the team (go on - make an argument that Gibbs is better)[/quote]

How about Bertrand then?

[/quote]

Not sure a borrowed left back really amounts to the same thing, Graham.

[/quote]

Given that he''s only played one game at left-back and the others at left midfield I think it does.

That was two years ago when he could use bursts of speed for a full 90 minutes and when he did not need to defend because our defence was in its prime and also because the opposition was more concerned about stopping Norwich than attacking.  Those days have gone and unfortunately it is only a few noisy meat heads who cannot see the reality.

Spot on.  This is the reality.  It is of course the same people moaning about him not playing as it is who moan about the board and everything else.  What a suprise.

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]

I think we would all love to see Hucks stay with us if he could reproduce the kind of form which has made him such legend for us.  The big question is can he show the form of previous seasons?

I think if he can get his hip fit then he can still do somehthing for us this season but in my opinion Hucks is now past his best, he has been a great player for us and will always be remembered as a true city legend.  I think we should except that he is going to leave and get his final big payday in the USA and good luck to him because he will rip teams to shreads over there.

[/quote]

JC you are abit of a keyboard Warrior aint you, i have not said Hux should start every game, i have said he can still do a job, views expressed by people on here on do not usually agree with and ex city players, why dont you try putting your side of things instead of name calling from behind your keyboard.

So when Hucks has a blinder tomorrow will you all be saying ''told you so'' or ''Well done Glen'' for firing him up....I wonder ...........LOL

[quote user="BigFish"]The bottom line is you should pick (and build your best team) and I have seen nothing to indicate that Hux doesn''t warrant a place in the team (go on - make an argument that Gibbs is better) now and unless we can sign a quality left sided midfielder/striker and next year.[/quote]

Agreed, this is not sentiment, it''s simply if he is fit, he is at the very least good enough to be in our current starting eleven.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Agree with both posts, the fickle attitude from a few is staggering, I bet any opposing team feels a lot more confident if they see they''re lining up against a Norwich team without DH in it. People on here go on about what he''s earning, forgetting that he took a big pay cut to come here,in the first place, and he has repaid his wages in spades as far as I am concerned.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]So when Hucks has a blinder tomorrow will you all be saying ''told you so'' or ''Well done Glen'' for firing him up....

I wonder ...........LOL
[/quote]

If he does well tomorrow I''ll just be happy for him and everyone else who loves him [:D]

[quote user="ricky knight"]JC you are abit of a keyboard Warrior aint you, i have not said Hux should start every game, i have said he can still do a job, views expressed by people on here on do not usually agree with and ex city players, why dont you try putting your side of things instead of name calling from behind your keyboard.[/quote] But who is the one calling everyone percy, nancy ??

Somebody call an ambulance with a straight jacket. Graham Humphrey is obviously insane and should not be without restraints.

He refers to "a couple of years ago when our defense was" at its peak, or some such insanity.  Our defense has SUCKED since we went into the Prem.

There are a few things about Huckerby that many seem to ignore.  He NEVER acts intimidated no matter who he is playing against.  He gets pounded on game in and game out, and never complains or rolls around in fake injury.  He is more than just fast, he is clever, quick and aware.  Too bad we didn''t have strikers that were equally as aware to latch onto those dozens of crosses that went untouched during the Prem season, at least until it was too late.  AND he NEVER gives up. 

31 is not like it was 15 years ago.  He can still be the same guy he has been if he can get healthy. It seems that he will need surgery after the season, and if God willing we make the playoffs and win promotion, I don''t want anyone else playing the left wing other than a rejuvenated and healthy Huckerby.  Who was the last legitimate star we had who wanted to stay in Norwich even when they had the chance to move up to bigger clubs?

The story today about him, in which he says he speaks the truth was nice to read.  All of those wetting themselves that he is somehow undermining the team by speaking his mind need to wake up.  He said it perfectly when he stated that there is no point in saying everything is great when it is sorely obvious that it is not.

Now go look up my Huckerbeatles song and start singing for him!