Sign in to follow this  
BRAVEHEART

FANS SHOULD DEMONSTRATE TO TRY AND KEEP HUCKERBY

I reckon that all the fans should have a demonstration in order to try and make Huckerby change his mind about leaving Norwich. We can''t allow Huckerby to leave I know ultimately its down to the player himself but we can play our part. Roeder is at fault because he isn''t bothering to sort out renewing his contract, i remember him saying in the Newspaper that he wasn''t thinking about that now because at that time the team were focusing on moving away from the relegation zone. But if you don''t sort out Huckerbys contract what do you expect thats when other clubs will make known their interest in the player. What do others think?

i agree, i was going to post somthing simular.  i think we should do somthing to try and get hucks to change his mind and to get roeder to change is view of hucks.  hucks should be starting week in week out for us hes a far better player than bertrand although i do like him,  and although he had a tough start to the season due to injury from what i seen of him recently he looked alot better.  when he came on against Barnsley he looked a little injured to be honest but he still dominated the right wing and created many chances.

Sorry it''s a big no for me!

Yes he was a great player for us, but it''s time for a new era. No sentement in football sorry.

Maybe a nice tribute to him though.

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]

I reckon that all the fans should have a demonstration in order to try and make Huckerby change his mind about leaving Norwich. We can''t allow Huckerby to leave I know ultimately its down to the player himself but we can play our part. Roeder is at fault because he isn''t bothering to sort out renewing his contract, i remember him saying in the Newspaper that he wasn''t thinking about that now because at that time the team were focusing on moving away from the relegation zone. But if you don''t sort out Huckerbys contract what do you expect thats when other clubs will make known their interest in the player. What do others think?

[/quote]

Given the fact that most fans on this forum would like to see Huckerby finish his playing career on our bench I don''t think it would be fair on Huckerby to keep him.

Some birds just aren''t meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright.

I can''t believe I just said that........[:$]

[/quote]

Glenn Roeder is a football manager.. you arent.. his mind is made up... and he is paid to make these decisions.. i personally think its right to not renew Hucks contract...

Would u offer him a new deal just for him never to play and bleed the club dry of wages for the next 18 months?

Why is Roeder at fault... he will be judged on these decisions.. in the summer he could go out and winger whos twice the player Darren Huckerby ever was.. then we will all sit in the stadium thinking "darren Who?" as the new winger cleaves up all and sundry... or Roeder could go out and sign a complete Donkey.. when everyone could sit there and say "told u so.. Should of kept hucks!!"

Roeder has made his mind up.. and no begging from the fans will change it.. neither should we be able to force his hand!

If Hucks signs for another championship club then fair play to him....thats his perogative

jas :)

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="BRAVEHEART"]

Roeder is at fault because he isn''t bothering to sort out renewing his contract[/quote]

[/quote]

Err why ?

Sorry, can''t agree with this.  I would not doubt for one moment that Hucks has been our best player in years, but his performances this season haven''t been anywhere near the standard that we have come to expect and there is only so long that you can live on past glories.  I would never criticise him as some have, but would say that because of the sort of player he is, playing Hucks out of form makes him a little bit of a liability: his attacking runs don''t come off but he doesn''t track back, so he is sometimes less effective than we need. 

I guess if he went on a shorter term (and less costly) contract, perhaps that might be an option, but for me it really would not be a good use of the club''s funds to extend his contract, given that it is something like £600k+ pa (I''m led to believe).  And more particularly it does sound like he himself doesn''t necessarily want to stay for another season of getting bashed about in the Championship.

IMO there is and never has been one player who is bigger than the team, and Hucks is no different.  If it turns out this is his last season then we should wish him well and give him a good send off.

[quote user="Metzdrag"]

well Huckerby isnt what he used to be.....

but i dont want him to go....

[/quote]Like You''d Know [;)]But seriously, this hip problem. At a guess it''s only going to get worse. If huckerby wants to leave, then he''s more than entitled to. It''s silly forcing him into a contract, and it''s obvious he''s on pretty high wages.A Norwich City Legend and always, but time is coming..

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="BRAVEHEART"]

Roeder is at fault because he isn''t bothering to sort out renewing his contract[/quote]

[/quote]

Err why ?

[/quote]

But to be fair arrdee, Roeder should be at least having contract talks with him rather than saying on the radio '''' I''m assuming that Hucks doesn''t want to stay ''''

I have said a few times I want to see Huckerby bow out well but the attention being fawned on him; the conflict being created against Roeder and the distraction from the TEAM is really beginning to piss me off!

I have said a few times I want to see Huckerby bow out well but the attention being fawned on him; the conflict being created against Roeder and the distraction from the TEAM is really beginning to piss me off!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Metzdrag"]

well Huckerby isnt what he used to be.....

but i dont want him to go....

[/quote]

Like You''d Know [;)]

But seriously, this hip problem. At a guess it''s only going to get worse. If huckerby wants to leave, then he''s more than entitled to. It''s silly forcing him into a contract, and it''s obvious he''s on pretty high wages.
A Norwich City Legend and always, but time is coming..
[/quote]

Exactly. If he wants to leave then that''s the obvious reason why Roeder''s not exactly rushing to renew his contract. It might also explain why he''s not playing a big part for us these days.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="BRAVEHEART"]

[/quote]

Err why ?

[/quote]PreciselyWell done Glen

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Exactly. If he wants to leave then that''s the obvious reason why Roeder''s not exactly rushing to renew his contract. It might also explain why he''s not playing a big part for us these days.

[/quote]

Dion and the majority of the loanees will be leaving at the end of the season too but they are still playing??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

Dion and the majority of the loanees will be leaving at the end of the season too but they are still playing??

[/quote]

Dion is retiring which is obviously a different case. The loanees are obviously not going to be here at the end of the season but they are here to help strengthen our squad for a while and who knows, if they do well enough they could end up here permanently.

The difference here is that Huckerby (or his agent - I wouldn''t usually trust him but nothing has been said to contradict him, like there usually is) actually wants to leave Norwich. He obviously doesn''t see eye-to-eye with Roeder which is a major point and if manager and player doesn''t see eye-to-eye then there is only going to be one winner.

I would like to see him play more often but I can understand why he isn''t.

We can all speculate as much as we like but none of us truly know if Huckerby is fully fit.  Remember Roeder sees the bloke in training every day, we can only judge on past glories.  Roeder clearly knows what he is doing, if Huckerby isn''t in the team then there is obviously a good reason for it.

Huckerby has been great, but he is getting too old for his style of play.  His pace is going and that was his main weapon, look at when he has played this season, still beats his man with ease but can''t get away from him anymore.  It saddens me to say it but I think the Huckerby is coming to the end.

So for me personally.  I would rather Huckerby bow out a legend now than soldier on and leave me with any bad memories.

Glen is the manager, he makes the decisions. If he doesn''t rate Huckerby then he won''t play. He has no divine right to play just because he''s a norwich "legend". As other posters have pointed out look at the Fergie/Becks situation, and I doubt he''ll get much criticism for that looking back. Judge Glen by his results, and so far I don''t think anyone on here can argue that they could do a better job.

The bottom line is you should pick (and build your best team) and I have seen nothing to indicate that Hux doesn''t warrant a place in the team (go on - make an argument that Gibbs is better) now and unless we can sign a quality left sided midfielder/striker and next year.

No they should thank him for his services and thank god we can now invest his 12k a week wages into two or three decent young players who an last 90 minutes next season and can also head a ball and tackle.....

[/quote]

[quote user="jimmy500"]

We can all speculate as much as we like but none of us truly know if Huckerby is fully fit.  Remember Roeder sees the bloke in training every day, we can only judge on past glories.  Roeder clearly knows what he is doing, if Huckerby isn''t in the team then there is obviously a good reason for it.

[/quote]

From the Pink Un : -

Double player of the year Darren Huckerby''s absence from the travelling party for City''s match at Leicester was simply a case of not being picked, manager Glenn Roeder admitted after the 4-0 defeat.

With on-loan Ryan Bertrand ruled out after being taken ill overnight, Roeder gave another 18-year-old, Reading winger James Henry, his first full appearance for the Canaries.

Apart from the two FA Cup games against Bury, Huckerby has not started a first team match since December 29. His agent has said he will be leaving the club in the summer. Some fans claim to have seen him supermarket shopping on the outskirts of Norwich on Saturday.

But with three men suspended for the visit of Barnsley next Saturday, 31-year-old Huckerby is an obvious option for a recall.

“He wasn''t included in this squad. He''s fit at the moment. We''ll see how our training goes this week for him and the rest of the squad,” said Roeder.

So there ya go! It''s no good pretending otherwise because we want to love Huckerby and Roeder. Roeder chooses not to pick a fit Huckerby and play the young loanees in his place. It''s not because of agreements with other clubs, it''s not through pressure from the bored or Neil Doncaster, it''s purely the managers decision.

I bet we will never know the full story though!

Glen publically stated that all player contracts would not be renewed until the job of avoiding relegation was done, we have to get our priorities right and relegation avoidance comes before any player needs.Huckerby has no right to be in the team, and it is all about playing your best 16, is Huckerby one of those players? Maybe, but that is for Glen to judge, work hard in training and I''m sure he will be rewarded with a place, if he isn''t then he doesn''t deserve a place simple enough. You may have walking into the Norwich team in previous times but times have changed.

[quote user="BigFish"]The bottom line is you should pick (and build your best team) and I have seen nothing to indicate that Hux doesn''t warrant a place in the team (go on - make an argument that Gibbs is better)[/quote]

How about Bertrand then?

All of a sudden, Hux cant head a ball, tackle,track back, well hello he never did but i did not hear anyone complaining when he helped us get promotion or been our best player by a country mile over the years, blxxdy hell on get criticised on here but some of you take the biscuit.