Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Pearce starts

So Shackell dropped and Pearce in the starting 11. Could thr rumours be true that Roeder has agreed to play the loanees in certain games? I heard that Pearce had been told by Coppell that he would play in this game. Hope it''s not true.

Interesting that Eagle is on the bench. I think this is the first time he has featured under Roeder. No place for Spillane which I am disappointed with and no Martin either. Glad to see Gibbs given another go but would have preferred Spillane to start and Gibbs on the bench.

Oh Huckerby - glad to see him back!! What has happened to Camara?? Bertrand is quality but he seems to have suddley fallen out of favour!

Maybe Pearce is playing as we lost 4-0 last weekend and Roeder thinks Shacks should shoulder some blame for that?Why bother with the obvious when you can post wild conspiracy theories though, hey?

[quote user="kick it off"]Maybe Pearce is playing as we lost 4-0 last weekend and Roeder thinks Shacks should shoulder some blame for that?

Why bother with the obvious when you can post wild conspiracy theories though, hey?
[/quote] Yes that could be. I wasn''t actually posting a theory and I don''t actually think the suggestion is that wild - I was questioning whether the rumours going round could have some truth in them - and no I didn''t start the rumours. It would be a pretty dull message board if everyone posted the obvious! Is it a coincidence that the rumours were saying that pearce would definitely start this game and he is!? Who knows.

I agree, its cos we lost, so he wants to show players they will be punished for it, also with Eagle, its probably because he trained well and Glenn wants to show players that training is key.  Martin maybe much better but if Eagle trained hard for weeks, and Martin skill gets on bench its a poor example, but this sets good targets for players.

Yes could be Gissing Canary. It interesting with Eagle because Roeder has mentioned most of the youngters in some context - Cave-Brown, Smart, Spillane, Lathrope and Martin have all had something said about them yet Eagle hasn''t even had a sentence anywhere. Clearly he must have impressed somehow!

I remember Eagle as a kid, came from the same small town in suffolk, he was forever practicing and training every spare hour of the day, obviously he has kept that up to get in the team.

Didn''t mean to be quite so sharp AHJ. Apologies.The loanees have been promised football. Otherwise the clubs wouldn''t have let them come. Roeder has been saying for a while that Pearce has been brilliant in training, but he hasn''t had the opportunity to play him. I think that the Leicester game just gave Roeder the opportunity to play the one loanee who hasn''t had a single minute of football with us until now.Seems to be having a decent game anyway!!OTBC

[quote user="kick it off"]Didn''t mean to be quite so sharp AHJ. Apologies.

The loanees have been promised football. Otherwise the clubs wouldn''t have let them come. Roeder has been saying for a while that Pearce has been brilliant in training, but he hasn''t had the opportunity to play him. I think that the Leicester game just gave Roeder the opportunity to play the one loanee who hasn''t had a single minute of football with us until now.

Seems to be having a decent game anyway!!

OTBC
[/quote] No problem. My local club is Northampton Town and Pearce was on loan here a while back. He played very well for the Cobblers and was highly regarded. Certainly seems to be playing ok!

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

I remember Eagle as a kid, came from the same small town in suffolk, he was forever practicing and training every spare hour of the day, obviously he has kept that up to get in the team.

[/quote]Played very well for the reserves at left back a couple of weeks ago. I''ve only seen him in midfield before.... very impressed

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

I heard that Pearce had been told by Coppell that he would play in this game. Hope it''s not true.

[/quote]

MOTM.....

Rumour at the ground was that it was because shax was 1 card away from a 2nd suspension ( i think that carries a 2 or 3 match ban) and that the cards are wiped next match.Pearce was very good.

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

[/quote]I thought Pearce played very well today. And I hope that Eagle gets the

coaching he deserves and a chance to progress. I''ve watched him in the first team

and the reserves and he''s never been less than 100% committed. His main lack is of upper body strength, but that can be addressed.