Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

BOARD PROTEST?

Well, not exactly, bare with me for a moment...It seems that norwich fans on both sides of the fence cannot claim to being overjoyed with the board''s business dealings in the transfer market. We only have to look at the Taylor sham to see that the priorities aren''t there and with Fozzy''s comments today and previous Hucks rants it''s clear this is an issue in the dressing room as well. I know a lot of the hard line supporters on here have previously toiled with board protest''s before but these have always deteriorated to ambiguous "Board Out" statements of which completely isolate themselves from the majority of norwich fans.So let''s drop the term protest. It seems that positive actions are becoming a more popular way for fans to be heard in football (think the pro Rafa march earlier this season) so Im suggesting this...... how about some kind of "Back Glenn This Summer" campaign. In putting all other issues to one side and uniting on this one sentiment I really believe a lot of support could be obtained. Whether this is is an internet site/forum, a petition, car stickers, a march, the holding of signs in carrow road or all of the above I don''t know, it just occured to me that something like this could easily gain momentum.As i said this is just an idea, perhaps im naive in thinking norwich fans could unite! what does anyone else think?

I think you underestimate the Norwich City fans, they unite when it''s a common cause and when they feel it''s deserved, as with the Chase out protests in the past.

The board sailed close to the wind on several ocassions with the fans.  I would be in support of some kind of action to make sure the board back GR in the summer, but that is just my opinion.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

they unite when it''s a common cause and when they feel it''s deserved

[/quote]Thats why I feel a campaign like this could work.

I have to say, being more positive with the "protest" will probably get everyone further than petty sniping and whinging.  Then when the Board do not listen to the campaign they have to accept what comes next!  So unite in a common cause and ask the Board to back Roeder with Hard Cash this summer

(but don''t let the other clubs know how much!).

I''m not sure. Who''s to say the board won''t back Glenn in the Summer? I can''t believe they won''t. So if a ''back Glenn'' march goes ahead and then funds are used then we will get the idea that we created that thus empowering us/the marchers giving them further evidence that protests/marches work which in the future will lead to further marches about other thing (board out, back Glenn in Janruary, Sack Gunn, Demolish the hotel, whatever) which then casts NCFC in a negative light.

[quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"]I''m not sure. Who''s to say the board won''t back Glenn in the Summer? I can''t believe they won''t. So if a ''back Glenn'' march goes ahead and then funds are used then we will get the idea that we created that thus empowering us/the marchers giving them further evidence that protests/marches work which in the future will lead to further marches about other thing (board out, back Glenn in Janruary, Sack Gunn, Demolish the hotel, whatever) which then casts NCFC in a negative light.[/quote]

If they do back him in the summer then it will be a marked change from previous years. I would like to thing they will but I fully expect that my hopes will be dashed again. We had all that guff last summer (and in January) about how the Turners were going to cough up some cash. It never happened so I can''t see next summer being very different.

As to protesting against the board, I personally think it''s a total waste of time. They are not going to change anything willingly and we have no power to make them.

A defeatist attitude some might think but it''s no good banging your heads against a brick wall.

A splendid idea.The board must be told in no uncertain terms how fans feel. I''m sure that a gaggle of semi literate pimply freds marching down Carrow Road will not only release all this accumulated wealth, but could even generate more. How fortunate we are to have such knowledgeable fans.

[quote user="NorwichRUs"]It seems that norwich fans on both sides of the fence cannot claim to being overjoyed with the board''s business dealings in the transfer market. We only have to look at the Taylor sham to see that the priorities aren''t there and with Fozzy''s comments today and previous Hucks rants it''s clear this is an issue in the dressing room as well.

[/quote]

Whoooooa..... Hang on a minute. Isn''t this the board that publicly stated that they would back the manager? Aren''t you confusing the managers valuation of players and stubborness (which I agree with) against the willingness of the board to do what ever is possible to back Roeder?Show me any evidence that the board cramped Roeders progress in january?The board cannot be faulted since Roeder arrived. They have done everything possible to accomadate his plans.......There is money available which GR has chosen to keep for the summer.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]A splendid idea.The board must be told in no uncertain terms how fans feel. I''m sure that a gaggle of semi literate pimply freds marching down Carrow Road will not only release all this accumulated wealth, but could even generate more. How fortunate we are to have such knowledgeable fans.

[/quote]And how fortunate we are to have you, Norfolk''s own paragon of scabrous wit, to set these cretins straight.

Splendid Idea!

We can all rush toward ''Old Bittern and Tunstead Duffer'' Ralphus Wrighteous and his fellow NCFC board butt-kiss brigade......Squeezing our exploding acne in their general direction, and while the butt-kiss boardists'' are momentarily distracted with trying to deflect the salvo of pre-pubescent pus with their ''Yellows'' and ''Delia''s'' designer brollies and Proton Jackets.....The rest of the ''Simply Pimply Freds'' then rush onward to confront the board that must back the manager!........

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]A splendid idea.

The board must be told in no uncertain terms how fans feel. I''m sure that a gaggle of semi literate pimply freds marching down Carrow Road will not only release all this accumulated wealth, but could even generate more.

How fortunate we are to have such knowledgeable fans.

[/quote]

The club made a £4m loss the year we got promoted so that does at least prove the board are at times prepared to take a gamble to improve on the pitch. We want them to do it again, simple enough for you? And surely the tens of millions spent on infrastructure will be giving a pay-back sometime this century.....[^o)]

Have a little think about the consequences of the board NOT backing Roeder enough to keep him and the players happy, and then ask yourself if the club can afford not to do it?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]A splendid idea.

The board must be told in no uncertain terms how fans feel. I''m sure that a gaggle of semi literate pimply freds marching down Carrow Road will not only release all this accumulated wealth, but could even generate more.

How fortunate we are to have such knowledgeable fans.

[/quote]

at least people are coming up with ideas, we need investment, agreed? Probably not.....[N]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="NorwichRUs"]It seems that norwich fans on both sides of the fence cannot claim to being overjoyed with the board''s business dealings in the transfer market. We only have to look at the Taylor sham to see that the priorities aren''t there and with Fozzy''s comments today and previous Hucks rants it''s clear this is an issue in the dressing room as well.

[/quote]

Whoooooa..... Hang on a minute. Isn''t this the board that publicly stated that they would back the manager? Aren''t you confusing the managers valuation of players and stubborness (which I agree with) against the willingness of the board to do what ever is possible to back Roeder?Show me any evidence that the board cramped Roeders progress in january?The board cannot be faulted since Roeder arrived. They have done everything possible to accomadate his plans.......There is money available which GR has chosen to keep for the summer. [/quote]well the fact that fozzy has come out and said back roeder with funds suggests the money isn''t there - likely swallowed by doncasters black-hole.  as captain, we can assume fozzy is privy to inside information about the running of the club - more than anyone who posts on the pink''un - so if he chooses to make his disquiet public - we can safely assume there''s a problem.  i also assume that as captain, fozzy is subject to collective responsibility - (if he''s spoken outa turn and without glens knowledge, then he should be sacked) - and therefore its likely that roeder knew of fozzies statement content before he made it.  its quite staggering that a NCFC captain should come out and say what he did - breaking ranks in such a public way - it suggests boardroom upheaval - probably between the old (delia & mwj) money and new (turners) - over the future funding and direction of the club.  more than likely, the new money wants to put more in than the old wants too.it seems to me, the most rational explanation for fozzy''s outburst, is that roeder has failed to get satisfactory assurances from the club about the size of his summer transfer target pot, and is unsettled by it - especially if other clubs are sniffing around him - who have money to burn.  its clear for all to see, that roeder and his team, are proper football people and with that talent, ambition goes hand in hand.  certainly, roeders miracle at NCFC has put his name in the frame - and if a properly funded club came along who would blame him jumping ship.  if fozzy has acted alone, then it must be ''cos hes very afraid that roeder will be off if money is not made available.  this must be the only logical and rational explanation for his statement.  to see his action in any other light would be purile and infantile.

all i can say is brilliant idea. protests generate negative publicity and we''re known throughout the country as some of the best fans about.

I want nothing more than for delia to sod off, and take doomcaster with her, but if we make it clear we''re backing the team and in particular, glenn, eventually the board will have to do something because they''ll hate to look bad. that''ll affect book sales, hotel business, and all their greedy, oops mean greasy, spoons.

are we gonna do this then? "back glenn or bugger off" i call it

LGT - How the hell would Fozzy know that there isn''t money for Glen Roeder next season.  He has been at the club a relatively short time and at the end of the day is just an employee.  I would imagine that it was purely a speculative comment encouraged by his agent.  Show ambition, pay my boy a decent wage because other clubs want him and I need more money.

Doncaster wrote in his column that Glen was keeping his January powder dry.  I am sure the club will have a summer budget in place to add to whatever he had.  I am not expecting the earth in the summer, but I do reckon there will be 1 or 2 that will make us sit up and take notice.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

LGT - How the hell would Fozzy know that there isn''t money for Glen Roeder next season.  He has been at the club a relatively short time and at the end of the day is just an employee.  I would imagine that it was purely a speculative comment encouraged by his agent.  Show ambition, pay my boy a decent wage because other clubs want him and I need more money.

Doncaster wrote in his column that Glen was keeping his January powder dry.  I am sure the club will have a summer budget in place to add to whatever he had.  I am not expecting the earth in the summer, but I do reckon there will be 1 or 2 that will make us sit up and take notice.

[/quote]err no J500 - fozzy isn''t just any employee - he''s the captain of NCFC, and as such holds a responsible and trusted position.  although talking for himself (as in i''m off if roeder not backed) it is unimaginable to me that he did not consult senior squad members and management figures before speaking out in the way he did.  to question fozzies integrity (or knowledge of whats really happening at carra rd) is plainly shortsighted - given his position of responsibilty and past conduct.  certainly fozzie appears to lead by example on the pitch, and is prone to rally the players and encourage the crowd to make nosie etc.  indeed, i was surprised when roeder made him captain, but at the time, roeder said he had done so becuase of fozzies sheer force of personality and constant enthusiasm.  i''ve been impressed by roeders ability to judge the characters of the men who play under him, and am therefore content that fozzy is a genuine and commited individual, who takes his position and responsibilties and position within the club very seriously - and imo it would take alot for him to speak out on such matters (publically at any rate).   are you and others like you suggesting  fozzy is insincere, is speaking just for himself and his own contract agenda, and knows nothing about the inner workings at carra rd - becuase to do so sells a proud norwich city capatin well short - making him seem selfish and foolish, and also puts glenn roeder in the same bad light - becuase he made fozzy his captain.  are you suggesting fozzy has broken roeders trust in such a monumental way???  and that roeder by implication made a naive and wrong choice when he made fozzy his captain???surely no.as for doncaster - i prefer to believe his financial black hole pronouncments made earlier in the autumn than anything else since, purely becuase we all know you can''t properly finance a promotion chasing championship club by running it on a profitable basis, despite having some of the largest gates in the division and profits from catering etc.  you mention doncasters ''powder dry'' column - well after fozzys statement, i prepared to beleive there is little powder left, if any.  it seems we are well short of funds that roeder no doubt has been promised.

[quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"]I''m not sure. Who''s to say the board won''t back Glenn in the Summer? I can''t believe they won''t. So if a ''back Glenn'' march goes ahead and then funds are used then we will get the idea that we created that thus empowering us/the marchers giving them further evidence that protests/marches work which in the future will lead to further marches about other thing (board out, back Glenn in Janruary, Sack Gunn, Demolish the hotel, whatever) which then casts NCFC in a negative light.[/quote]Precisely. They backed him in January so why wouldn''t they in the summer - I fail to understand that logic.Remember it was Roeders decision who to bid for and within his budget how much to bid. His hands were not tied by the board. If you think to the contrary I''d love to see your evidence

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"]I''m not sure. Who''s to say the board won''t back Glenn in the Summer? I can''t believe they won''t. So if a ''back Glenn'' march goes ahead and then funds are used then we will get the idea that we created that thus empowering us/the marchers giving them further evidence that protests/marches work which in the future will lead to further marches about other thing (board out, back Glenn in Janruary, Sack Gunn, Demolish the hotel, whatever) which then casts NCFC in a negative light.[/quote]Precisely. They backed him in January so why wouldn''t they in the summer - I fail to understand that logic.Remember it was Roeders decision who to bid for and within his budget how much to bid. His hands were not tied by the board. If you think to the contrary I''d love to see your evidence[/quote]how about the norwich city captain publically calling for roeder to be backed by the board??? i''m prepared to believe to believe fozzy - why can''t you???

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"]I''m not sure. Who''s to say the board won''t back Glenn in the Summer? I can''t believe they won''t. So if a ''back Glenn'' march goes ahead and then funds are used then we will get the idea that we created that thus empowering us/the marchers giving them further evidence that protests/marches work which in the future will lead to further marches about other thing (board out, back Glenn in Janruary, Sack Gunn, Demolish the hotel, whatever) which then casts NCFC in a negative light.[/quote]

Precisely. They backed him in January so why wouldn''t they in the summer - I fail to understand that logic.

Remember it was Roeders decision who to bid for and within his budget how much to bid. His hands were not tied by the board. If you think to the contrary I''d love to see your evidence
[/quote]

Sorry ATB but if that''s logic then I fail to follow it.

Err backed him with what exactly?????

They sold Brown and Lewis for around £850k, got Murray and Lappin off the wage bill and bought one player (Pattison) for a reported £250k and took on a few Prem reserves on loan. What makes you think there was any more to spend?

If that''s pushing the boat out and a sign of what might happen in the summer, then I fancy most people will feel disappointed.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="NorwichRUs"]

It seems that norwich fans on both sides of the fence cannot claim to being overjoyed with the board''s business dealings in the transfer market. We only have to look at the Taylor sham to see that the priorities aren''t there and with Fozzy''s comments today and previous Hucks rants it''s clear this is an issue in the dressing room as well.

[/quote]

Whoooooa..... Hang on a minute. Isn''t this the board that publicly stated that they would back the manager? Aren''t you confusing the managers valuation of players and stubborness (which I agree with) against the willingness of the board to do what ever is possible to back Roeder?

Show me any evidence that the board cramped Roeders progress in january?

The board cannot be faulted since Roeder arrived. They have done everything possible to accomadate his plans.......There is money available which GR has chosen to keep for the summer.
[/quote]

sooo naive it''s unbelievable, or else you must have a seat on the board!

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"]I''m not sure. Who''s to say the board won''t back Glenn in the Summer? I can''t believe they won''t. So if a ''back Glenn'' march goes ahead and then funds are used then we will get the idea that we created that thus empowering us/the marchers giving them further evidence that protests/marches work which in the future will lead to further marches about other thing (board out, back Glenn in Janruary, Sack Gunn, Demolish the hotel, whatever) which then casts NCFC in a negative light.[/quote]

Precisely. They backed him in January so why wouldn''t they in the summer - I fail to understand that logic.

Remember it was Roeders decision who to bid for and within his budget how much to bid. His hands were not tied by the board. If you think to the contrary I''d love to see your evidence
[/quote]

yes his hands were tied by the board, and if he had a decent budget at his disposal in january we would now have taylor, and a decent striker.what is said in public especially at carrow rd is usually putting a brave face on it. Tragically by the time you realise you are wrong GR will probably be off to another club as Martin O''neil was before him. Norwich have a history of not backing the manager, expecting the manager to work miracles on a shoestring, not showing ambition and taking us for mugs and you are quite happy about it obviously.

[/quote]

Explain to us where they backed Roeder? As i see it they made a profit from the sales of Brown and Lewis compared with the purchase of Pattison and with Murray and Lappin off the wage bill and the youngsters coming the other way,would more or less even that one out give or take a few grand spending extra. Unless you have some inside info? [;)]

Lets face it, the manager could sign the entire Wroxham reserve team because he could afford nothing else and naive idiots like FFS and ralph wrong would say "see closet binners, they are backing the manager to the hilt". Really, i wonder what it is actually like to be brainwashed........[:|]

"yes his hands were tied by the board, and if he had a decent budget at his disposal in january we would now have taylor"Absolute nonsense ! You have NO knowledge of this other than your own anti club, fertile imagination." and ralph wrong"How curious. A poster who writes like arfa widdle, attacks the club as does arfa and even refers to me as arfa does. Less trusting souls might suggest there is a connection. Or might even wonder how a supposed 60 year old plus person would use the phrase ''bleedin mentalist " as did arfa.Might also wonder why a supposed season ticket holder was taking the train to Leicester rather than driving his car. Could arfa not be all he seems ?