ca

Team for Barnsley Game

This is the team I would play for the Barnsley game, whats your opinion

Marshall

Semmy Shacks Doc Camara

Croft Spillane Pattison Bertrand

Dion Evans

Subs:Gilks Rossi Jarvis Juan  Cureton Hucks

Dion can cover for the back two in case of injury, Curo and Hucks can both play upfront if needbe, Bertrand can move back to replace Camara should he get injured or be having an off day and Hucks can cover Bertrand on the wing, Rossi can keep Spillane on his toes, Juan can come on and replace Semmy for last 30 mins to get match fit ( if we''re winning)

Manager = Cityangel

Coach = Gazzathegreat

Phsio = Kathy

Let us women show you how its done [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Let us women show you how its done [:)]

[/quote]

[quote user="USA Canary"]Dion is suspended... [/quote]

oops! no thanks City angel.. i''ll leave it to Roeder on this occasion!

jas :)

He will have to play the little boys hes borrowed no doubt about that ,even if it does cost us another 3 points . Oh for the days when a Norwich City side were a team of Norwich City players .

If Juan is good and fit then why not play 5 in midfield with Super Ched/min Chedders up front.MarshallSemmy  Shacks  Doc  CamaraCroft   Spillaine    Juan(sweeper in front of defence)  Pattison   Bertrand/HuckerbySuper Ched.Otherwise the most obvious would be to simply fill in the blanks and start with Cureton and Chedders up front.

Marshall

Valasco Shackell Doherty Camara

Croft Spillane Pattison Bertrand

Evans Cureton

Subs: Huckerby, Otsemabor, Gibbs, Pearce, Martin

Personally I would start Hucks but I don''tthink Roeder will.

Oops - forgot Dion was suspended, lets try again[:$]

Marshall

Semmy Shacks Doc Camara

Cureton Evans

Subs: Gilks Rossi  Jarvis Juan  Martin  Hucks

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]He will have to play the little boys hes borrowed no doubt about that ,even if it does cost us another 3 points . Oh for the days when a Norwich City side were a team of Norwich City players .[/quote]

We''ve had championship form for the last 3 months, are you serious ?  You''re deluded if you are.

Marshall, Valasco, Doherty, Shackell, Camara, Croft, Spillane, Pattison, Bertrand, Evans, Cureton

Subs: Gilks, Pearce, Gibbs, Huckerby, Martin

that''s about the best team avalible with all the injuries and suspensions.

personally, i would go with betrand at LB and hucks on the left, but it won''t happen.

Marshall

Semmy   Shackell   Doherty   Camara

Valasco

Croft              Pattison          Bertrand

Huckerby

Evans          

Subs: Cureton, Spillane, Gibbs, Pearce, Martin

Marshall

Semmy      Doherty      Pearce      Bertrand

Spillane    Jarvis     Pattison

Croft                                Huckerby

Evans

Subs: Gilks, Shackell, Gibbs, Velasco, Cureton

About time Pearce was given a go and we were defensively awful last week so Shacks out but not much between him and Doc. I really, really don''t rate Camara. A tough tackling midfield with one sitting deep and other two supporting the attack but no fricking long ball! Let Croft and Hux run at their defence and give it to Evans feet.

Marshall

Otsemebor Doherty Shackall Camara

Evans Huckerby

Subs - Gilks Pearce Gibbs Martin Cureton

You can still be manager if you want CA but I guess the attraction would be gone now you can''t sit next to Hucks on the bench. Mind you, you could always pull........  I mean sub him at halftime.

I saw Martin at Luton - he deserves a last chance. He was on fire at kenilworth, scored three, could have been six.

Quite a tricky one this. I think we all assume Pattison will play in central midfield but then who plays in there alongside him? The only 2 real contenders are Spillane and Gibbs. For me Spillane is decent at getting at stuck in but his use of the ball is fairly average and I don''t think he gives you much going forward. And although he always works hard Pattison has lacked any finesse since his first few appearances when he played some good football. So Spillane and Pattison in midfield probably wouldn''t create too much. Gibbs has obviously failed to impress so far but he''s from Arsenal so you have to assume that the lad can play a bit.

I wonder if Velasco can do a job in central midfield?

Hopefully Huckerby will start, pretty sure that Simon Davey would be quite chuffed if he didn''t see our number 6 on the team sheet. But then if we don''t have a central midfielder who can pick passes then we''re not going to get our wide players and forwards into the game anyway.

I would play:               MarshallVelasco Doc Shacks CamaraCrofty Spillane Patty Bertrand         Evans HuckerbySubs: Gilks, Semmy, Pearce, Cureton, Gibbs.

I think he has to start Huckerby, now is the time for him to come in and stake a real claim, remind us all of the Hucks of old.I have been critical of Hucks recently, I think he will start on Sat and hopefully he will prove me wrong by running rings round Barnsley!

[quote user="kick it off"]I would play:               MarshallVelasco Doc Shacks CamaraCrofty Spillane Patty Bertrand         Evans HuckerbySubs: Gilks, Semmy, Pearce, Cureton, Gibbs.

I think he has to start Huckerby, now is the time for him to come in and stake a real claim, remind us all of the Hucks of old.I have been critical of Hucks recently, I think he will start on Sat and hopefully he will prove me wrong by running rings round Barnsley![/quote]I would like to amend this post - I want to see Bally Smart on the bench, in place of Semmy. Pearce can play RB or CB so we have the cover.

[quote user="kick it off"]I would play:

Marshall
Velasco Doc Shacks Camara
Crofty Spillane Patty Bertrand
        Evans Huckerby

Subs: Gilks, Semmy, Pearce, Cureton, Gibbs.

I think he has to start Huckerby, now is the time for him to come in and stake a real claim, remind us all of the Hucks of old.

I have been critical of Hucks recently, I think he will start on Sat and hopefully he will prove me wrong by running rings round Barnsley!
[/quote]

On changing my mind a dozen times over the players we have, I will agree with your choice, depending on Semmy''s injury, I would play him and use Velvet on the bench. I think that Hucks could play well off Evans, Evans uses the channels well and would allow Hucks to puxh forward, I have always rated him up front.

I suspect it will be;

Marshall

Velasco  Doc  Pearce  Camara

Croft Pattison  Gibbs  Bertrand

Cureton  Evans

Subs - Gilks, Shackell, Semmy, Hucks, Martin

Personally I would start Hucks up front with Evans and Spillane in midfield but I can see 5 loanee''s starting (only question mark would be against Pearce but conceding 4 last week gives Roeder the excuse to drop one of the centre backs.

One thing, if Hucks isn''t in the 16 this week then his contract will be ripped up on Monday!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

I suspect it will be;

Marshall

Velasco  Doc  Pearce  Camara

Croft Pattison  Gibbs  Bertrand

Cureton  Evans

Subs - Gilks, Shackell, Semmy, Hucks, Martin

Personally I would start Hucks up front with Evans and Spillane in midfield but I can see 5 loanee''s starting (only question mark would be against Pearce but conceding 4 last week gives Roeder the excuse to drop one of the centre backs.

One thing, if Hucks isn''t in the 16 this week then his contract will be ripped up on Monday!

[/quote]

In my opinion Shacks and Doc were the 2 best players at leicester and without them it would have been worse.

Gilks

Otsemebor   Doherty   Shackell   bertrand

Croft   Spillane   Pattison   Huckerby

Evans   Martin

subs

marshall   pearce  cureton velsaco splat the cat

Marshall

Semmy      Doc      Shacks       Camara

Croft         Gibbs    Pattison     Bertrand

Evans   Cureton  

Subs: Hucks, Pearce, Martin, Velasco, Spillane

The back four had been solid before last week and deserve the opportunity to redeem themselves.  

Gibbs is a massive gamble after his last outing but hopefully he''ll have learnt from that and will have got his head down in training over the last fortnight in preparation for another start. 

Think I''d dispense with sub keeper as it''s a bit of a patched-up team and we need as many outfield options as possible should it not work.

Having read Doc''s comments in the paper today dont you just know that he''s going to start Doc upfront so that he can give Pearce his first game at the back?

Bet you !!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Having read Doc''s comments in the paper today dont you just know that he''s going to start Doc upfront so that he can give Pearce his first game at the back?

Bet you !!

[/quote]

Well I hope not CA, I really do. If Pearce is on the bench that option is there if neccessary but we should start the game with our best players in their best positions. Doc is the best centre back at the club so he should start there.

What are we betting?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

Bet you !!

[/quote]

Well I hope not CA, I really do. If Pearce is on the bench that option is there if neccessary but we should start the game with our best players in their best positions. Doc is the best centre back at the club so he should start there.

What are we betting?

[/quote]

I''ll bet you a drink Nigel [:D]

Even if we get enough points to get close to the playoffs our problem will be goal difference.  With this in mind, and the lack of goals at Carra recently I say ATTACK, ATTACK!! I would say we''re safe (ish) from the drop so what do we have to lose, be bold Glenn.

Therefore my team would be:

Marsh

Semi   Doc   Shacks   Mo

Gibbs/Henry   Patty   Bertie

Crofty   Ched   Hucks

Subs, Gilks Pearce Vela Curo Rossi

Should be enough pace to scare any back four but PLEASE Glenn don''t play the Doc up front, BIG mistake ...... HUGE !!  I know either Gibbs or Henry don''t make the bench, but it''s only 5 isn''t it.

Think you''re right, Velasco (at last someone has spelt his name right!) could be pushed into midfield at some point if needs be, he reads the game well, apparently.

Marshall

Tabasco   Doc Shacks   Mo

Croft   Pattison   Gibbs   Bertrand

Cureton   Ched

Subs. Gilks, Pierce, Jarvis, Hux, Semmy

I say we start Fred Flintstone up front, Bam Bam in the middle, and the Loyal Order of Water Buffalo can work the defense.  By 3PM we will have reduced Barnsley to Rubble.  Yabba Dabba Doo!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

I''ll bet you a drink Nigel [:D]

[/quote]

Ok... [Y][B][D]

[/quote]

Ok so he didnt start Doc upfront to accomodate Pearce, Shacks was dropped instead so guess I owe you a pint Nigel.