Sign in to follow this  
Canary of Manchester (barlodona)

hucks, pearce, gibbs

Hucks: Played well, has lost that yard of pace, but still a danger, looked like things would happen when he got the ball. Still room for improvement, but well worth his place. Without him today, i think we woulsd have struggled to win, we had no other creatrivity.

Pearce: Outstanding. Good distribution, good in the air, good in the tackle, didnt lose his man. I reckon this guy will go on to be a good premiership defender.

Gibbs: neat and tidy. Didnt stand out, but wasnt noticeable for doing anything wrong.

[quote user="barlodona"]just wanted to know from a fans point of veiw how you thought they all did today?[/quote]

Hucks did well enough considering he''s hardly played for the last couple of months. Still a quality player. Should be playing for this club for at least one more year. The real pace may have gone but the guy is a good footballer

I thought Pearce got better as the game went on. However, for me he''s probably an inch or two too short especially when you take into account he doesn''t look particularly speedy. Did anyone notice in the first half how much he struggled to run back from a corner or freekick in the Barnsley third? Defended well enough though and knocked a couple of decent balls forward too.

Gibbs...he didn''t really influence the game. He had some nice touches and looked a fairly tidy player. He got stuck in a bit but I still felt Pattison carried the midfield battle.

Hucks: Dangerous without ever doing very much. Has got that quality that we so sorely lack and has the experience. His legs were gone by 60 minutes though and should have come offPearce: Very confident and assured. Very good game. I thought  he was bulled a bit in the air and in physical confrontations. Looked a bit unfit though and again tired towards the end. Promising.Gibbs: Did nothing. Just like carl robinson. He had one or two moments of inspiration and a couple of nice passes and headers. No tackles though. Unless you are going to have wrecking ball pattison or two feet two tackles russell then you are going to get overrun in the middle.

Pearce was immence, solid in distibution, tackle and heading etc etc. Best debut since Taylor, he does not look like a 18 year old in both stature and physical appearance. Well done fella.

Hucks and Gibbs, both played ok I thought. Hucks still has the fear factor and he still has to have 2 players on him at all times, which allows others in the game.

Hucks: Not amazing, but I thought his sheer presence gave us something extra today. He''s such a good outlet and he relives the pressure. Cut inside nicely on three or four occasions and rarely gave the ball away.

Gibbs: Agree with above, neat and tidy is the best description. Looks composed on the ball and never over complicated matters. Shooting - not his strong point.

Pearce: Not a foot wrong. I''m a Shackell fan but he made Shacks look like a Sunday League player today. Great touch, distribution decent and very strong.

Some folk gave the team a bit of stick on Canary Call today, but anyone who was at Leicester last week would be happy they just managed string three passes together. Just need to create more chances and reallyc ould have done with the second to allay any nerves for the last 15 minutes.

Hucks had nothing to do with the goal and largely flattered to deceive, but looked better than he has recently. Pearce played well, especially as it was his first game, and centre half is more about understanding and teamwork than any other position. Gibbs was much better than in his last game, but we need Fozzy and Russell back. Pattison was just awful - where''s the player we saw in his first game? He was a class below the rest of our team. It looks to me that he''s betrayed Roeder''s faith in him.

Hucks - Always a threat though got quieter as the game wore on!

Pearce - Considering it was his first ever start he did well but not as great as some are making out. Doc covered him a few times, but overall it was a very encouraging debut for Pearce!

Gibbs - Some of the earlier posters were watching a different game to me cause I thought Gibbs again was awful, afraid to tackle, lacking energy, passing was very loose and genearlly looking out of his depth. He was easily the worst Norwich player which meant that his midfield partner Pattison was having to work like a trojan to cover for him. I don''t care that hes an Arsenal player and has played for England U19''s cause in his 2 Norwich games he has contributed absolutely buggeralll to the cause and looks scared to express himself. Looks no better than Rossi Jarvis.

I''m afraid to say that while it was a win it was against a very poor side and we looked for the most part disjointed. Certainly against some of the better teams in this Division we''d of struggled to of got a point out of todays match.. But when we get our 2 first choice midfielders back and Shacks then we can be a match for anyone in this Division, though the current lack of depth in our squad, the amount of loanees and the lack of decent youngsters coming through the academy fully emphasise the massive job Roeder and co have on their hands!

I thought that Pearce was outstanding today, won everything in the air and his distribution was good. Gibbs also had a good game helped by the fact that Matty Patty ran his socks off and really got stuck in. There were the odd flashes from Hucks but I have to say that for me he did not perform as well as I had hoped (I thought it would be a vintage Hucks performance to show GR what he has been missing). I am not going to go overboard regarding Pearce and Gibbs because they both have to be judged over a number of games whether they play well or not.

Hucks: Really disappointed by his performance, he was at his "head down, run into a crowd of players" worst. Felt he slowed down our attacks to many times by taking a load of touches and was really selfish. It''s ok for him to hog the ball when he is racing past players and having shots, but he would hold onto the ball and get tackled, putting Bertand under a lot of pressure. Hope he is just laking a bit of sharpness. Oh, and his corners were pretty poor too.Pearce: Felt he looked really good. Played well in the air, soild in the tackle and read the game really well. Distribution was up and down, but he didn''t always hoof it up the pitch, which is encouraging. A worthy man of the match, in a game with no real stand out performances.Gibbs: Played well, not a great ball winner, but closed down well and look alright in the air. He passed well and help Norwich keep possesion when everyone else seemed to be passing to red shirts. Was hindered by a shocking Patterson who would give the ball away whenever he could. Would like to see him and Fozzy play the next game.It wasn''t a great performance yesterday, we looked streched with Croft and Hucks both playing very wide and Patterson having a shocker in the middle. There doesn''t seem much point having to wide players when we have nothing to cross to in the box, Dion would of done well Yesterday. Starting to worry about Evan''s form, he has games like Cardiff where he is magnificent, but hasn''t really done anything since. Sure he will pop up with a couple of goals soon though.

[quote user="Jonny 5"]Hucks: Really disappointed by his performance, he was at his "head down, run into a crowd of players" worst. Felt he slowed down our attacks to many times by taking a load of touches and was really selfish. It''s ok for him to hog the ball when he is racing past players and having shots, but he would hold onto the ball and get tackled, putting Bertand under a lot of pressure. Hope he is just laking a bit of sharpness. Oh, and his corners were pretty poor too.

Pearce: Felt he looked really good. Played well in the air, soild in the tackle and read the game really well. Distribution was up and down, but he didn''t always hoof it up the pitch, which is encouraging. A worthy man of the match, in a game with no real stand out performances.

Gibbs: Played well, not a great ball winner, but closed down well and look alright in the air. He passed well and help Norwich keep possesion when everyone else seemed to be passing to red shirts. Was hindered by a shocking Patterson who would give the ball away whenever he could. Would like to see him and Fozzy play the next game.

It wasn''t a great performance yesterday, we looked streched with Croft and Hucks both playing very wide and Patterson having a shocker in the middle. There doesn''t seem much point having to wide players when we have nothing to cross to in the box, Dion would of done well Yesterday. Starting to worry about Evan''s form, he has games like Cardiff where he is magnificent, but hasn''t really done anything since. Sure he will pop up with a couple of goals soon though.
[/quote]

Have to say I think you''re being very harsh on Huckerby. Did you see him lay the ball across for box for Crofty near the end of the game? Hardly the work of a selfish player.

As for your views on Pattison having a shocker, well without him on the pitch yesterday we''d have struggled to take all 3 points. His passing wasn''t always great but he got through so much work it was unbelievable. Thanks to him Barnsley struggled to getting any flowing moves going. Shame that you don''t seem to appreciate how important he was to the team yesterday.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Jonny 5"]Hucks: Really disappointed by his performance, he was at his "head down, run into a crowd of players" worst. Felt he slowed down our attacks to many times by taking a load of touches and was really selfish. It''s ok for him to hog the ball when he is racing past players and having shots, but he would hold onto the ball and get tackled, putting Bertand under a lot of pressure. Hope he is just laking a bit of sharpness. Oh, and his corners were pretty poor too.

Pearce: Felt he looked really good. Played well in the air, soild in the tackle and read the game really well. Distribution was up and down, but he didn''t always hoof it up the pitch, which is encouraging. A worthy man of the match, in a game with no real stand out performances.

Gibbs: Played well, not a great ball winner, but closed down well and look alright in the air. He passed well and help Norwich keep possesion when everyone else seemed to be passing to red shirts. Was hindered by a shocking Patterson who would give the ball away whenever he could. Would like to see him and Fozzy play the next game.

It wasn''t a great performance yesterday, we looked streched with Croft and Hucks both playing very wide and Patterson having a shocker in the middle. There doesn''t seem much point having to wide players when we have nothing to cross to in the box, Dion would of done well Yesterday. Starting to worry about Evan''s form, he has games like Cardiff where he is magnificent, but hasn''t really done anything since. Sure he will pop up with a couple of goals soon though.
[/quote]

Have to say I think you''re being very harsh on Huckerby. Did you see him lay the ball across for box for Crofty near the end of the game? Hardly the work of a selfish player.

As for your views on Pattison having a shocker, well without him on the pitch yesterday we''d have struggled to take all 3 points. His passing wasn''t always great but he got through so much work it was unbelievable. Thanks to him Barnsley struggled to getting any flowing moves going. Shame that you don''t seem to appreciate how important he was to the team yesterday.

[/quote]

Have to agree!

Hucks wasn''t great but he still represented a threat and gave Barnsley something to think about most of the time!

Pattisons passing was shocking but his workrate and commitment were excellent and they had to be playing with Gibbs who again in my eyes looked (but not others for some strange reason!) out of his depth and bypassed totall!

Well Said GJP

People are too harsh on Huckerby, they expect too much from him, they expect him to do what he does best every time he gets the ball, and expect him to be the same player he was 4 years ago. He''s got older! But he was stilkl well worth his place yesterday. He was our only player who had spark and looked like creatiing anything. Croft is the headless chicken, well on yuesterdays performance. At least twice Hucks was unmarked and well placed, and he ran into a crowd and lost it. On the other hand, Hucks was running at men, getting crosses in, causing panic and set one up for croft on a plate.