Sign in to follow this  
Tookie140

Whos the best loan signing?

Ched and Bertrand without a doubt. They have been excellent and you can see their class shining through. They will be real stars in the future.Camara is decent enough too, i would be happy if we signed him on a permanent for two years. (Remember he is 31ish!!)Gibbs has a lot of potential and improved from the Hull game as far as i can tell from what I heard on Canariesworld. He could be a real star for us once he settles a bit. Henry is by far the worst for me. Was truly awful against Leicester although sounded like he did OK when he came on today.

Bertrand.  He''s been impressive in every game he''s played.  More games like the one yesterday from Pearce and he might be up there too.  The others vary from mercurial (Evans) to workmanlike (Camara) to questionable (Henry).

ched and Ryan are probaly the best by a long straw, Henry is really the only one that can be called ''poor'' the other three seem handy players, Gibbs more when hes in the middle i thought, pearce looked handt, and camara, hes fairly solid, but Bertrand has taken over, so if we bought him (chelsea wont need him) he will probley be ahead of drury next season as well :(

Well of your list I would make a guess what little I know about it ,the best seems to have been Bertie , with Chedder, a close second but I feel the one with most potential has to be Gibby, Now if you are asking me the best loan player ever there is one that stands out head and shoulders above all others , you all know who it is don''t you ? Yep Hux . In my eyes a living legend [Y] arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]Well of your list I would make a guess what little I know about it ,the best seems to have been Bertie , with Chedder, a close second but I feel the one with most potential has to be Gibby, Now if you are asking me the best loan player ever there is one that stands out head and shoulders above all others , you all know who it is don''t you ? Yep Hux . In my eyes a living legend [Y] arrdee.[/quote]

Once again Ray you are spot on with your analysis.

This loan idea wasn''t available in our early days. Can you remember when we loaned Bobby Bell when Big Dunc got injured in our first promotion year? He was a decent player but I think we only had him for a month.

Other big names that spring to mind who had short loan periods were Peter Osgood, Joe Corrigan and Jan Molby.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="arrdee"]Well of your list I would make a guess what little I know about it ,the best seems to have been Bertie , with Chedder, a close second but I feel the one with most potential has to be Gibby, Now if you are asking me the best loan player ever there is one that stands out head and shoulders above all others , you all know who it is don''t you ? Yep Hux . In my eyes a living legend [Y] arrdee.[/quote]

Once again Ray you are spot on with your analysis.

This loan idea wasn''t available in our early days. Can you remember when we loaned Bobby Bell when Big Dunc got injured in our first promotion year? He was a decent player but I think we only had him for a month.

Other big names that spring to mind who had short loan periods were Peter Osgood, Joe Corrigan and Jan Molby.

[/quote]

Yep Ricardo , what a blast from the past Bobby Bell on loan from Palace , I liked that blond headed centre half , he was never as strong as "Big Dunk"but he always seem to get his head to almost everything in the area and his ball out nearly always found someone in a City shirt .Thanks for that Ricardo . I just love the nostalgia . Getting my brain back to those long forgotten days ,wonderful , Ray.

Evans and Bertrand have been the best without doubt!

Evans he always works hard does alot for the team and he scores a few goals.  But come the end of the season we wont be able to keep him because he is to bigger prospect for man city to let go.

Bertrand always puts in a good performance he works hard and he can play in left back too.  He also puts in a great cross with his left foot but sometimes over hits them.  At the end of the season we might be able to sign him because I dont know if Chelsea want him that much and if we do sign him he is good cover for Drury if he gets injured.

In regards to the post above, bad tackles happen every week in football, did anyone else watch the championship? there was a far worse two footed lunge that got a red card, but it didnt cause a massive leg break to an International footballer=hence no fuss. All this Taylor bashing is ridiculous, grow up.

Poor man''s Earnshaw wrote the following post at 24/02/2008 8:56 PM:

I do not want that disgusting thug Taylor here... that tackle was horrendous

jog on, its football these things happen, clearly no intention what so ever. give the bloke a brake, i for one hope glenn roeder does somethin to bring him here in the summer, and feel hes was, compared to the loans at the moment, the best loanee this season

No idea whatsoever.

I''ll judge once each respective loan spell has expired. How could I/you possibly compare any of these guys at this stage. The young Reading lad only made his debut yesterday.

got to be ched evans he has helped norwich get up the league with his goals

players like bertrand, gibbs are good but they came in to solidify your position but ched got you up out of the relegation zone

not even worth asking about in my opinion

Oh FFS !  Poor man''s,  Taylor is NOT a disgusting thug.  The tackle was not horrendous, the outcome was. The tackle was poor, mistimed and unfortunate. Not in any way malicious. I would have Tiny back like a shot!

[quote user="Poor man s Earnshaw"]I do not want that disgusting thug Taylor here... that tackle was horrendous[/quote]

That''s ridiculous. It was a poorly mis-timed tackle but nothing malicious - you could tell by Taylor''s reaction. He was just beaten by a more skilful player.

I suppose you''re the type of person that thinks to extremes and Roy Keane''s tackle on Haaland a few years back was an accident?

I like the look of Bertrand so far, Pearce looked good for the one game he played, Mo has been average and useful but with his goals it has to be Ched.

Bertrand and Evans - can''t choose between them - sign them both up!

ched by far!  james henry needs to be given a chance he played poor against leicster but gibbs did against hull and then he played well against barnsley on sat. bertrand has also been very good and camara has be good but looks a bit dodgey at times id prefer drury when fit for next season and get in a good young left back for cover i havnt seen pearce yet but from what ive heard before and after the barnsley game he sounds good.

[quote user="cityangel"]Bertrand and Evans - can''t choose between them - sign them both up![/quote]

I think there is scope for signing both of them on loan for next season. Neither will play often. Got to be worth a try.