Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

taylor starts for birmingham...

I feel a bit sorry for Tiny.

Accident''s happen, yes it was terrible and awful, but I do not believe for a second that it was intentional.  He will get his punishment and should be allowed to continue.  Remember Etuhu broke a Preston players leg when he was here, and then Dailly broke Phil Mulryne''s leg in two places, neither were sent off and there was hardly any fuss made... They should have been sent off but I don''t remember our managers saying they should never play again.

I think it''s a disgrace what Wenger said.

To be honest, no one would intentionally do something that could get you sent off against Arsenal within the first 5minutes, making victory twice as hard!

Anyway, most importantly fingers crossed Eduardo makes a full recovery.

Not being funny or nasty, but hell, its not in the same league as someone dying, he is paid a fair bit, he won''t lose his house etc. Its an occupational hazard with this job, albeit not nice when it happens, but its life.

I would reccomend that he contacts claims direct, no win, no lose and your get all of your money..................

There has been lots of hysteria about this challenge. Ok so it was what I would call mistimed and there was a terrible outcome for Dudu, but can you honestly see any intent there? I think that Martin Taylor was fully committed to win the ball, sadly the speed and skill of the player ''moved'' the ball before he got to it.

If you want to see intent watch Roy Keane''s ''tackle'' on Alf Inge Haarland, the strange thing is I can''t recall anyone saying Roy should never play again.

I feel sorry for Dudu but I also feel sorry for Martin Taylor, he must be feeling terrible today too. What is really sickening is the rabid rantings of some people towards him.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Metzdrag"]

blimey

just seen that tackle... it lookd pretty bad

Acoording to Arse wenger taylor shouldnt be allowed to play football anymore....

[/quote]

Let''s not blow this out of proportion like every single other Arsenal fan seems the need to.

Taylor wasn''t moving fast, infact i think it was a still challenge. He went for the ball and eduardo just got a touch to it, taking it away from Taylor and resulting in studs to shin.

It''s a very ''freak'' challenge in my opinion. A Poor challenge by a big defender; slow, sloppy, mistimed, whatever. But all this hype is ridiculous. The exact same tackle could happen in a non-league game next week and the player would be straight back on his feet and simply have a couple of cuts down his leg from the studs.
[/quote]

When i said bad... i meant painful...

Although it was a quite a bad challenge tbh but i do have to agree with you... it is being blown out of proportion a bit

It seems pretty obvious that is was just a matter of bad timing. The millisecond Taylor connect was the millisecond Eduardo had full weight on that leg, and angle was lined up perfectly for the worst result, and that was a grotesque injury that has put me off eating chicken wings at least as long as until next time I am hungry.

It''s like an airplane crash.  Any one factor is just slightly different, and nothing would have happened, but the stars were in perfect alignment for the leg to be shattered. It''s a nasty shame, but it sure didn''t look like Taylor had anything on his mind other than getting the ball.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

It seems pretty obvious that is was just a matter of bad timing. The millisecond Taylor connect was the millisecond Eduardo had full weight on that leg, and angle was lined up perfectly for the worst result, and that was a grotesque injury that has put me off eating chicken wings at least as long as until next time I am hungry.

It''s like an airplane crash.  Any one factor is just slightly different, and nothing would have happened, but the stars were in perfect alignment for the leg to be shattered. It''s a nasty shame, but it sure didn''t look like Taylor had anything on his mind other than getting the ball.

[/quote]

yeh, you get those challenges all the time its just how his foot is placed resulted in this one turning out worse... taylor should get no more trouble than all the other challenges that are similar.

hope eduardo gets better and manages to get his career back on track...

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

Absolutely. Fate is a very strange thing. If Karen Brady hadnt been such a cow Taylor would probably have been playing for us against Barnsley yesterday and the incident wouldnt have happened. If Spurs hadnt played out of their skins in the Carling Cup semi final, Arsenal wouldnt have had a fixture yesterday, and so on and so on. Its very regrettable but thats life I''m afraid.

i think its a mistimed challenge that could happen 1000 times again without causing this level of injury - its the sorta challenge you see all over the place and i think the 5live commentators got it right when they said it looked nothing more than a yella card challenge - but with terrible results, rather than a malicious lunge designed to injure.

I have to say though - intent or not, there is a pic in the NOTW that looks remarkably like Tiny sneering at Eduardo as he lies injured - Im not saying he is and we all know pictures can be misleading, but he looks anything but remorseful in that shot!!

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Wenger has now, quite rightly, withdrawn his comments regarding Taylor.[/quote]

noticed this on motd tonight, well done wenger in coming out early and withdrawing the comments, he mainly went on the lines saying i said the comments straight after the match in the heat of the moment etc...

if he wouldnt withdrawn comments would been national debate in papers all week i would think

[/quote]

No offence we8wba but you do say some funny things. YES it was an horrendous injury, YES I''m sure emotions were running high, but Wenger is an experienced professional, and his comments were nothing short of irresponsible. What really gets me is that he clearly hadn''t watched the incident properly, as he went on to retract his comments later, yet still saw fit to condemn Taylor to every reporter he saw. Hardly a spur of the moment comment if you repeat it numerous times. I''m surprised you can praise Wenger given his normal petulance in post-match interviews...
[/quote]

Well said.  For once, Wenger actually saw the incident?

[quote user="kick it off"]I have to say though - intent or not, there is a pic in the NOTW that looks remarkably like Tiny sneering at Eduardo as he lies injured - Im not saying he is and we all know pictures can be misleading, but he looks anything but remorseful in that shot!!

[/quote]

do you have a link? its probably just camera men getting him at a bad time...

Neither of them will be the same player again. eduardo physically and taylor mentally.

I dont have to explain about eduardo we all know how bad his leg is but taylor will be so scared of going in for a tackle again simply for fear of doing the same thing again. no one in their right mind would commit a foul like that. you simply cant say that taylor either meant to do it or that he doesnt care.

simply put, this is the end of both of their meaningful careers.

[quote user="kick it off"]I have to say though - intent or not, there is a pic in the NOTW that looks remarkably like Tiny sneering at Eduardo as he lies injured - Im not saying he is and we all know pictures can be misleading, but he looks anything but remorseful in that shot!!

[/quote]

I saw that photo as well and Taylor looks like he doesnt even care about the poor guy laying with a smashed leg on the floor.

Iv had a similar injury, just look at my avatar, and it is the most painful things I have ever experienced... I was out for 8 months with a further two months later down the line. I do hope he isnt out for that long as he is a great player but from the looks of it, compound fracture with the bone sticking out which mine wasnt, he will be out for a lot longer than me....

Get Well Eduardo

I''ve seen said photo and I have to say that it looks more of a grimmace than a sneer - the kind of grimmace one would wear on ones face after seeing what damage one had committed - and it''s the News of the World ffs!!

Trust an East-European to see the worst side of things to satisfy their own lacklustre imaginations.

[/quote]

If you''re not saying he is why then post it. Taylor was the first person at the hospital to see him after the game and is apparently distraught according to a very close friend who rang Talksport today to defend him. He also said that anyone who knew him privately or proffessionally would know that he wouldnt intentionally hurt anyone.

[/quote]

After he was sent off though, he went over to him presumably to see how he was and came away looking pretty distressed. I would guess his first reaction was he was making a meal of it as a lot of players do and only when he had a proper look he realised it was a serious injury.

Nice to see the following comment that should prevent any unnecessary Taylor witch hunt:

"It was an unfortunate situation but these things can happen in football."

Can anyone guess who said it?

[quote user="shyster"]

I''ve seen said photo and I have to say that it looks more of a grimmace than a sneer - the kind of grimmace one would wear on ones face after seeing what damage one had committed - and it''s the News of the World ffs!!

Trust an East-European to see the worst side of things to satisfy their own lacklustre imaginations.

[/quote]I''m sorry Shy, did i not make it clear that i thought it could well have been a misleading picture?Nothing like a bit of casual racism and sweeping (false) generalisations to lighten the mood though hey?I thought that according to you, East Europeans see the best of everything, like the benefits system in England...Never mind - where there''s diversity, there are always bigots and idiots...

[quote user="shyster"]

[/quote]

And trust a little Englander to base an ill-considered, arrogant comment on a geographical stereotype.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

After he was sent off though, he went over to him presumably to see how he was and came away looking pretty distressed. I would guess his first reaction was he was making a meal of it as a lot of players do and only when he had a proper look he realised it was a serious injury.

[/quote]Sounds sensible GH.... think that may well have been the case, i don''t think Taylor is malicious like that at all, just a mis-representative picture.

tell you what, once all this blows over, and he comes to Norwich... strikers will be scared of him... no question lolGet him in this summer Roeder!It''s football, these things happen! People die everyday, i''m sure Eduardo''s millions in the bank will sooth the pain. Hundreds of people injure themselves every week up and down the country but dont have the first class facilities. It''s a shame, but geez you''d think Taylor pulled out an AK47 and shot him the way people are overreating.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]tell you what, once all this blows over, and he comes to Norwich... strikers will be scared of him... no question lolGet him in this summer Roeder!It''s football, these things happen! People die everyday, i''m sure Eduardo''s millions in the bank will sooth the pain. Hundreds of people injure themselves every week up and down the country but dont have the first class facilities. It''s a shame, but geez you''d think Taylor pulled out an AK47 and shot him the way people are overreating.[/quote]What''s ironic about that last comment is that a gunshot wound would have probably caused less damage

It was a sickening injury for sure, but the MOTD analysis and eventually Wenger have all had to admit that it was not a malicious tackle, merely a clumsy one.  My sympathies go out to Eduardo, naturally, as the way his leg and ankle hung down was shocking, and I wonder whether he''ll play at the top level again? I also wonder, however, what effect this will have on Taylor''s career.  Although even Wenger has retracted his original comments, there will still be a lot of fans in the world who will villify him for the tackle and paint him as a career-threatening monster.  Simply with such stigma, I wonder how many managers who don''t know Tiny very well would take a gamble on signing him.  Roeder and us NCFC fans, however, know what sort of a man Tiny is, and I wonder whether this will now affect his value or simply just his desire to leave Birmingham? Bit callous to think of such a thing benefitting us in any way, but its a thought.....

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Nice to see the following comment that should prevent any unnecessary Taylor witch hunt:

"It was an unfortunate situation but these things can happen in football."

Can anyone guess who said it?

[/quote]

im guessing Eduardo himself.. is this correct Pete?

jas :)

Other than one other post I seem to be the only one who feels Taylor was a little unlucky to have been sent off for the chalenge.

Forgetting everything we know about Tiny cos the ref can not take that into account. I think had Eduardo''s leg not have been broken Tiny would have recevied a booking and that''s all. It was 3 mins into the game, half way inside the Brum half and Tiny has been done by a piece of quick skill which was done around the same time as he went in for the tackle.

Obviously it goes without saying that nobody wants to see these, or any, sort of injury in football and I hope Eduardo makes a full recovery.

It''s funny that nobody, even MOTD, has even mentioned the studs to the groin the Louis Boa Morte received when Carlton Cole went through to miss yet another chance on Saturday. Perhaps because it has been overshadowed and that Boa Morte was not injured but made me wince more so than Tiny''s challenge.

I would hope that Tiny is strong enough mentally to recover from this and sign for us in the Summer!

C''mon City