Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

taylor starts for birmingham...

Wow, what a challenge!, he should be put in prison for that! Eduardo won''t be playing again this season, taylor will be lucky to escape a big ban for it too!

Sign him up!

Anyone see Taylors horror tackle? i just missed it.Interesting game between arsenal and brum now though, have to feel sorry for eduardo.

i think i just heard on football focus that taylor pretty much has destroyed edwardo da slivas leg! game has been held up for 10 mins and there is shock amongts the players

I hope Eduardo recovers soon.

That''s a few quid off the price tag, I should think...

1251: RED CARD Birmingham
Martin Taylor
gets a straight red after a challenge on Eduardo. Cesc Fabregas urgently tells the physio to attend to Eduardo, with the rest of his team-mates looking shocked. The striker is badly injured - looks like it could be a broken leg.

Anyone seen Martin Taylor''s challenge against the Arsenal player?

Was it bad & did the Arsenal player get a broken leg?

1256: Eduardo is given oxygen as he is stretchered from the pitch after eight minutes of treatment. Nicklas Bendtner replaces him. We have not been allowed to see a replay of the incident - which probably tells you horrific it was.

1254: Thankfully, you rarely witness scenes like these. The Arsenal team are looking around in absolute horror at the fate of Eduardo, who is being attended to by several medics.

1251: RED CARD Birmingham
Martin Taylor gets a straight red after a challenge on Eduardo. Cesc Fabregas urgently tells the physio to attend to Eduardo, with the rest of his team-mates looking shocked. The striker is badly injured - looks like it could be a broken leg.

They havent shown it on Sky but it sounds like a bad injury but lets hope its not as bad as it sounds.

anyone see it in birmingham v arsenal game?

disgraceful tackle the lad should be ashamed, he could ruin the young talented career of such a prospect.

just wondered if you  guys would take someone like that? i remember you lot with muscat etc... im not comparing him to muzzy but im saying after tackle like that would you want him? bit like you guys wanted danny mills?

skysports couldnt even show the tackle again due to how bad the injury was

Just got home from work and put 5-live on to hear Matty Taylor sent off for B''ham against Arsenal for what they said was a ''shocking'' challenge.

Eduardo was stretchered off after 8 mins treatment and the commentators said they''ve not seen any replays or close ups, so it must be bad!!!!

Apparently the Arsenal players couldn''t look at his leg while he was down.

And Birmingham have just gone 1 up!!!!!

Anyone els esee that Taylor was sent off today for a challenge that left Eduardo with a horrific leg break, good to see he''s not taking his chance to impress with Birmingham :D hope yet!

I will give you all a link to a picture of his leg as it happened, i warn you its bloody horrible, and by the looks of it it could end his career.http://coolsmurf.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/eduardo-da-silva-suffers-career-threatening-injury/As i said, be warned its not nice, you can see the bone split the sock open as it come out.

[quote user="we8wba"]

disgraceful tackle the lad should be ashamed

skysports couldnt even show the tackle again

[/quote]

Then how do you know it was a disgraceful tackle if you haven''t seen it again? I''ve seen a distant

replay and it didn''t seem overly malicious. I''ve also seen a very graphic close up image of his leg just after the

impact. After seeing that you can tell why Sky didn''t show a replay...

not because it was that bad from Taylor but just due to the nature of

the damage done. Just very unfortunate and

of course we all hope Eduardo fully recovers.

[quote user="the1englishman"]I will give you all a link to a picture of his leg as it happened, i warn you its bloody horrible, and by the looks of it it could end his career.http://coolsmurf.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/eduardo-da-silva-suffers-career-threatening-injury/As i said, be warned its not nice, you can see the bone split the sock open as it come out.[/quote]I hadn''t seen that part on the left before. Looking at that maybe Taylor is undefendable.

Yea i know, it was terribly mis timed, though i doubt he set out to do that to the lad.Still he deserves everything thats thrown at him for it, i saw it live, and it was stupid from taylor.I think that will be the end of his BCFC career.

[quote user="we8wba"]

just wondered if you  guys would take someone like that? i remember you lot with muscat etc... im not comparing him to muzzy but im saying after tackle like that would you want him? bit like you guys wanted danny mills?

[/quote]We''ve never wanted Danny Mills. Why would we? He started his career with us and we got rid because he''s an arrogant t**t. Check your facts before boring us all to tears.

I have only seen the picture on the link posted on this thread but from what i can see there it looks awful. Even if he had not been late he was going over the top of the ball anyway. I don''t want someone capable of that at the club - It''d be like signing Kevin Muscat.Wish Eduardo a very speedy recovery, No player deserves that.Taylor should be banned for a very long time if it was as bad as the pictures show.

[quote user="the1englishman"]I will give you all a link to a picture of his leg as it happened, i warn you its bloody horrible, and by the looks of it it could end his career.http://coolsmurf.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/eduardo-da-silva-suffers-career-threatening-injury/As i said, be warned its not nice, you can see the bone split the sock open as it come out.[/quote]Take that off please mods.

[quote user="the1englishman"]Yea i know, it was terribly mis timed, though i doubt he set out to do that to the lad.
Still he deserves everything thats thrown at him for it, i saw it live, and it was stupid from taylor.
I think that will be the end of his BCFC career.
[/quote]

I think that will be the end of his careers full stop. Maybe Eduardos too. Disgraceful. Glad we didnt sign him.

arsene wenger has asked for him to be banned for life it say on our local radio system in midlands who did coverage

the radio says disgrace how they cant show us when on the news they show people jumping out of buildings and car crashes etc... understand that side but they would have to give warning

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="the1englishman"]I will give you all a link to a picture of his leg as it happened, i warn you its bloody horrible, and by the looks of it it could end his career.

http://coolsmurf.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/eduardo-da-silva-suffers-career-threatening-injury/

As i said, be warned its not nice, you can see the bone split the sock open as it come out.
[/quote]

Take that off please mods.
[/quote]

Why? Clearly has a warning with it..

Anyway Wenger says Taylor should never play football again, and Mcleish has said Taylor is distraught. Sad situation, but sooner or later an injury like this was going to happen with all the bad tackles going around.

I feel badly for both of them.  Taylor will see a ban, but I hope that Wenger''s position on Taylor would not deter GR from possibly bringing him here over the summer.

It looks like an awful injury, hope he recovers OK. Without seeing it there is no way of commenting on it, but I never got the impression Taylor was a malicious player. I think Wengers comments are a touch harsh since no player has been banned in the past and that inlcudes players that do have a reputation and do like to inflict injury on other players.

In the end if it is a mistimed challenge then he shouldn''t be banned for life. Roy Keane wasn''t after he admitted that he purposely went out to injure Haarland while at Man City. People make mistimed challenges in every game. Its just unfortunate that Eduardo''s injury was awful. If he hadn''t have been injured so badly then people wouldn''t be calling for this. Both players were very unlucky.

Don''t be so silly, it was an awful tackle and he should be banned for a long time, Wenger went as far to say that he should never play again, i think it was malicious and he deserves at leat a 5 game ban, let alone a 3 game ban, hleb and fabregas looked as though they were going to throw up, speedy recovery hopefully for Eduardo, Taylor you are a disgrace.

He was no better than Doherty, don''t need him.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

Why? Clearly has a warning with it..

[/quote]

Yeah, kids heed warnings dont they
[/quote]

Then that''s supposed to be the parents job to make sure they heed those warnings.