Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet this weekend.

Now here we we are you lovely old Free Bet Pickers , are you ready to help your beloved club ? are you ready to put some money into the Academy''s coffers ? with the Free Bet from Dixmar Racing you can do that just by making a single selection , A team that you are certain will win this weekend , your "nap"that''s all I ask .

We have the lovely P''boro Canary making the final selections this week , so its our duty to give him all the help we can . Now the question I must ask P''boro is do you want to include the yankee bet in as well ? or would you prefer just the straight accumulator as "lucky green trainers" did last week ? its up to you . Your wish is my command .[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,                                                    £177-13p

This week it''s got to be Rangers to beat Gretna.

Rangers'' home record is W12 L1 and the last 6 at home W4 D2

Gretna''s away record is W1 D2 L10 and the last 6 away W1 D2 L4

Gretna have just lost their management team too.

Good Luck P''boro Canary!

Its my 1st ever time of doing this and i''d like to go for a Peterborough away win at Macclesfield....the score 2-0 to the Posh, I hear from a friend Mr Lewis is doing very well for them...long may it continue so we get the sell on clause cash!

I know I have been teasing you with the name of the Picker with 100% record well he has already posted his "nap" for the weekend , so it won''t take much working out . Nutty and myself watch every ones selections week by week , we don''t just blunder along not knowing what you Pickers select . I think in the most part I can almost tell what certain Pickers will pick . I think I know what Drews "nap" will be this weekend , but then no doubt he will prove me wrong .

Now form has settled down we seem to be there or there abouts, which adds lots of interest weekly. What I would like to say if you see your selection has already  been chosen by another Picker I still want you to post that selection , It could influence the Picker making the final selections . So come on all you lovely old City fans you know you can help your club , our beloved club Norwich City .[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,                                              £177-13p

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now the question I must ask P''boro is do you want to include the yankee bet in as well ? or would you prefer just the straight accumulator as "lucky green trainers" did last week ?

[/quote]

Now then Arrdee, I have a good feeling about this week.  I have disected the entrails of several squashed critters on the Peterborough Parkway system (resulting in only moderate traffic congestion) and I dont see how we can fail to get six winners with both the Gods and my fellow pickers on side - so lets go with the straight accumulator!

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

This week it''s got to be Rangers to beat Gretna.

Rangers'' home record is W12 L1 and the last 6 at home W4 D2

Gretna''s away record is W1 D2 L10 and the last 6 away W1 D2 L4

Gretna have just lost their management team too.

Good Luck P''boro Canary!

[/quote]

Cosmic - that sounds a good call and thanks for the good wishes.

Having studied the games this weekend I think we may be fishing for naps north of the border this weekend quite a bit.  The Championship and League 1 feature a host of teams bunched together playing one another - dont see too many bankers there but if any pickers can see something I dont then lets be hearing from you. 

My own Scottish cert unless anyone can convince me otherwise is Airdrie to beat Berwick.  Logic is:

1. Airdrie are strong at home and only conceded 9 on their own patch all season.  Had a blip last weekend but before that had won 7 out of 8 league games.

2. Berwick are 14 points adrift at the foot of the league, lost 12 of 13 away this season, gd of -40 in 25 games played, they have won once since 18th August

3. Airdrie sounds a bit like Arrdee.

Come on pickers I need all the help I can get!

I''ll nominate Bristol Rovers (who else?) to beat Tranmere at the fortress that is the Memorial Stadium. The mighty Gasheads are unbeaten at home in any competition in the last four months and that includes Premier League and Championship opposition. Ignore league positions - Rovers have four games in hand on Tranmere and will leapfrog them into the playoffs. The Pirates beat Tranmere 2-0 away only a month ago and will do the double on Saturday, you''ll see.

Hamilton to beat Livingston.

Hamilton have only conceeded 2 goals in 12 home games. Hamilton knows their nearest competitor, Dundee, has a relatively easy game at bottom of the table Stirling. Hamilton should be highly motivated to maintain their 4 point gap at the top of the table as they push for Premiership status.

Hamilton to beat Livingston.

Hamilton have only conceeded 2 goals in 12 home games. Hamilton knows their nearest competitor, Dundee, has a relatively easy game at bottom of the table Stirling. Hamilton should be highly motivated to maintain their 4 point gap at the top of the table as they push for Premiership status.

I''m going to scotland too for my napMy nap is Ross County to beat Queen''s Park.Ross county have won their last 8 games in a row. Queen''s park have only two wins in 8.

wba to beat hull city 4/6

big odds for team near top and certainly fidning form

wba are 2nd in home form in our league played 16 10wins 5draws 1defeat

probably have luke moore signed up by weekends game as well

[quote user="we8wba"]

wba to beat hull city 4/6

big odds for team near top and certainly fidning form

wba are 2nd in home form in our league played 16 10wins 5draws 1defeat

probably have luke moore signed up by weekends game as well

[/quote]

moore having medical today to complete 3.5m move

This week im going for Lyon v Metz. Would usually go for a better odds match as I like the challenge, but top v bottom, Lyon lost once at home all season, Metz won away once all season.. Looks like a banker.

Was worried they may rest players but they already rested a few players in their game last saturday, so would hope for a full, or near to full lineup.

I agree with other views that English leagues don''t look to easy this week so I''m of north of the border with Airdrie Utd to beat Berwick at home. Airdrie are second and Berwick are rock bottom with less than half of the points of the team above them.

Good Luck Pboro  

Thanks for all the tips so far pickers, but keep them coming!  As my betting strategy is usually far from scientific as much supporting evidence as possible to guide me in narrowing down the final list would be appreciated.

Going for my hatrick this week(got last 2 right). Posh are away at Macclefield this week and I fancy them for an away win.

Peterborough  United away win for me.[:D]

relegation 6 pointer this week - coventry V leicester.i''m taking leicester to maintain a winning run and further decrease the pressure on holly.  certainly, leicester will be up after last weeks mauling of city, and i think they''ll take this new found confidence into the match against a mis-firing coventry and claim all 3 points. leicester to beat coventry

Now P''boro you lovely old boy , I hope you are enjoying your weekend in charge of the Free Bet ?  I know you are because I know all my Pickers , I know each and every one of you , I am so proud of you for helping our great club . I am not alone no longer , I can''t believe the response I am getting , the hits , the replies , I know I can echo these sentiments on Nutty Nigels behalf because he was the first one in when I explained my dream to help my beloved club on this board and has help me ever since .

However My "nap" was to be the selection I picked out as soon as my paper hit the floor Sunday Morning , to say that would be wrong because I catch it before it hits the floor , and I have turned it to the fixtures  in a trice . I think my "nap"  in the u k is the one I was going to astound you all with but P''boro has selected it already and yes  Airdrie will win . However I have one better by going on the continent . I burnt the midnight oil last night only to see Trent Canary has selected it before me . So its Ligue1 France , Lyon 49 pts v Metz 12 pts ,Top v bottom ,not the greatest odds you will see with Boyle Sports , we can always do better with Dixmar .  Lyon home record  W 10, D 2, L 1, goals F 30--Ag--9  Metz away record is  W1, D 3, L 9, goals F 5--Ag--23 .

I know top v bottom has been our undoing in the past and indeed it is fraught with danger but I think this time it will be in our favor [Y] talk to you lovely old pickers soon . arrdee. 

I''m gonna have this week off, pickers. Can''t see anything that really floats my boat this week, and a bit down in the dumps after last week. If memory serves me correctly, the last twice we''ve been one away,its my nap thats let us down.

Good luck P''boro, give Dixmar a good spanking for us all this week!

Leeds Canary (young gun!)

I have to agree with cosmic twin, I can''t see Gretna getting anything other than a mauling at Rangers so.....Rangers v Gretna....

Home win

Best of luck P''boro   [Y]

As has already been mentioned, the English leagues look tricky this week. However, I''m still going to League 2 for my pick:

Rotherham to beat Lincoln

No science to this one, just fancy Rotherham to get back on the promotion path this week.

Good luck Pboro.

Right, I''ve changed my mind on several occasions this week but my final choice is

Sevilla v Real Zaragoza - DRAW.

Zaragoza have drawn six out of their last twelve games and Sevilla had a tough game in Turkey on Wednesday which I think may enable Zaragoza to come away with another.

Has Blahx3 picked Arsenal to beat Birmingham again this week yet [;)].

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright [Y]

Arrdee is right, I am as proud as him to see how this Free Bet Fred has evolved and the success we are having. I think the big bookies are getting worried that punters will use our threads as a source of information to clean them out.    We have no such worries with Billy Dixon who is more than happy to give us the free bet AND the best odds in the business in order to raise money for the academy.

I have been struggling lately on the free bet, I napped Liverpool last week so it''s a good job we have some smarter pickers than me making the final selections. This week I am going to nap Ross County to beat Queens Park. Ross County have won their last three and are looking good at the top, Queens Park have only won one of the last four and are on the slide.

Ross County V Queens Park Home win.

Good luck Peterboro [Y] Are you going to help  us fund some posh new gear for the academy........  Not ''arf [Y]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I napped Liverpool last week so it''s a good job we have some smarter pickers than me making the final selections. [/quote]

Alas Nutty you do not this week!  I had the Reds down on my own 8 results accumulator as well last weekend - and the other 7 all came in so you can imagine how I laughed when that result came through.

Some good tips so far from my fellow pickers, and I think I have four selections in mind now - but lets see some more suggestions to fill the last two places on my list.  I will be looking to post my selections at 9PM tonight so get those tips in before then please...

[quote user="leedscanary"]

I''m gonna have this week off, pickers. Can''t see anything that really floats my boat this week, and a bit down in the dumps after last week. If memory serves me correctly, the last twice we''ve been one away,its my nap thats let us down.

Good luck P''boro, give Dixmar a good spanking for us all this week!

Leeds Canary (young gun!)

[/quote]its just a bit if fun leeds - don''t let the barstools get you down!!!