Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Can we afford trips to Spain?....

Especially as Glen needs to add quite a few new players to his dwindling squad in the summer hols..

Well, every penny saved and all that!.[^o)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Especially as Glen needs to add quite a few new players to his dwindling squad in the summer hols..

[/quote]

Easyjet flights - £19

Coach from the airport to the resort - £100

Getting the team to have some fun and bond together - priceless.

Unless of course Bellamy turns up with his golf clubs.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Easyjet flights - £19

Coach from the airport to the resort - £100

Getting the team to have some fun and bond together - priceless.

Unless of course Bellamy turns up with his golf clubs.

[/quote]

Like that. I don''t think that the cost of the trip would have any effect on our transfer budget, I think that deserve it and it won''t cost the earth, its a good team building.

there probably staying at one of valescos gaffs  for nothing.funny how he`s signed and next week we`re off to sunny spain ole ole ole

[/quote]

Yes is the answer. Now ...could you possibly avoid starting attention seeking threads is a much more difficult question to answer.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

another useless post

[/quote]

I ask an honest and polite question, which only merits an insult from you, well done, and how happy you must be to be keeping up the proud traditions of this message board.!.

King, you are truely sad.[:|]

[quote user="August 64"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Yes is the answer. Now ...could you possibly avoid starting attention seeking threads is a much more difficult question to answer.

[/quote]

I cant win with you Richard heads can I?

[quote user="August 64"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just replying makes you an attention seeker too. [:|]

Like any business the budget will be divided into sections, so this in no way will affect any transfer budget avaliable

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="August 64"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just replying makes you an attention seeker too. [:|]

[/quote]

Not really, there are a few FMs like yourself who start petty topics just to up thier post count. Unfortunately they are usually of an extremely negative nature which, I suppose, guarantees more replies. Sad......

[/quote]

Could you afford a trip to Spain? - somewhere without the internet?

Bearing in mind the club constantly pleads poverty when it comes to the signing of players I think it is a valid question.

If we lose to Blackpool it will be interesting to see how many people think going off to Spain for a jolly was a good idea.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

Bearing in mind the club constantly pleads poverty when it comes to the signing of players I think it is a valid question.

If we lose to Blackpool it will be interesting to see how many people think going off to Spain for a jolly was a good idea.

[/quote]

Top reply Sherlock.

I''m really glad someone can look past the 1st Wiz avatar when replying!.[:|]

its not honest or polite you just keep chipping away at my club no matter what they do.

did you know they are painting the lines on the pitch, i suppose you will ask can we afford that.

wiz you are one of the most boring fans i have come across.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

its not honest or polite you just keep chipping away at my club no matter what they do.

did you know they are painting the lines on the pitch, i suppose you will ask can we afford that.

wiz you are one of the most boring fans i have come across.

[/quote]

Its my club too, and try looking in the mirror for seeing boring fans, again, you''re incapable of an opinion on here, only your usual and predictable attacks on myself.

The whole message board now sees you for what you really are.....................silly and sad.

Well done. [:|]

I think it is a cracking idea.  A nice lads holiday with a bit of hard training work thrown in.  Couple that with a bit of R & R and we could be nicely placed for the end of season run in.

[/quote]

Your post made the EDP today along with several others from this site.

Oh you do make me laugh Wiz, you''ve shot yourself in the foot there !!! Fancy admitting that merely seeing your avatar equates to another negative thread!!!!  Ooooooh my sides have well and truly split [:''(]

Lo and behold another negative thread.  Another 3 points and Wiz finds something else to moan about.  If we get promoted you''ll probably start a thread that the pies at half time weren''t cooked right.

[quote user="Scooby"]

Oh you do make me laugh Wiz, you''ve shot yourself in the foot there !!! Fancy admitting that merely seeing your avatar equates to another negative thread!!!!  Ooooooh my sides have well and truly split [:''(]

Lo and behold another negative thread.  Another 3 points and Wiz finds something else to moan about.  If we get promoted you''ll probably start a thread that the pies at half time weren''t cooked right.

[/quote]

Its true though Scooby, some loony posters see a post from me and have a ''pop'' just because I posted it..........they can''t help it, their poor little brains fuse at seeing the 1st wiz name, just like you!. Do you agree or not, would have been more helpful to everyone............................

Now, about them pies!...................[:D]

Tee hee.  Nice to see the sense of humour is alive and kicking.

Sorry though Wiz, I have to go along with the "well earned" line.  I think as a squad morale exercise Glenn has got it just right.  I know, from personal experience, that these short warm weather "breaks", and I use the term loosely are extremely good for building team spirit.  Having the lads all together for a few days and nights continuosly, as opposed to say just the day a Colney and then home in the evenings, will be great for the lads, especially the loanees who may be feeling a little like the new kids in class.  A nice bit of sunshine always helps the feel good factor too, though I doubt Glenn will be taking it too easy on them.  Training in a sudden increase in temperature can be very demanding too.

Any trip is amll potatoes and could benefite them greatly after a period of pressure.   Good time for Glenn to talk to them about a final push for the top 6....

[/quote]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

Top reply Sherlock.

[/quote]

Wiz, if you look at my reply to your post, I did look past your aviator and gave a constructive reply, just because it is not one you agree with does not make it right or wrong. You of all people should know that mate....

[quote user="ched seven"]

there probably staying at one of valescos gaffs  for nothing.funny how he`s signed and next week we`re off to sunny spain ole ole ole

[/quote]

Maybe that''s why we got rid of Strihavka - the weather wasn''t quite the same in the Czech Republic...

[quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

Top reply Sherlock.

[/quote]

Wiz, if you look at my reply to your post, I did look past your aviator and gave a constructive reply, just because it is not one you agree with does not make it right or wrong. You of all people should know that mate....

[/quote]

Oops! sorry CIB, I didn''t mean to blank you mate, but I can''t answer everyone because I''ll be accused of putting my post count up! [;)]

However, following up on a point made by Sherlock Holmes on here, I''d value your opinion on this:

Air travel is well known as a hot bed for virus''s, colds and upset tums, in light of that, and with a game coming up against a bottom half rival on Saturday, is the Spain trip wise?

Agreed this is a good idea, but I hope we dont see the same as previous years when the lads appear to get a bit complacent after a small bit of success, rather than driving on to the real finish line. As long as this is definitely a training camp, not a reward holiday on the NCFC expense account.

Oh, and I wish Smudger was here.

He''d accuse the board of whittling down our squad cos they knew this trip was coming, and flights quickly add up.[:#]

perfectly valid question for me.

The answer from my point of view is yes, don''t mind the trip at all, i think it is a good idea. At least it''s not just another take your money and sod off Delia post.

[quote user="ched seven"]

[/quote]

Let''s hope for the sake of our lads'' next week off that we are not thinking of signing anyone from Lowestoft Town FC then!!!