Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

This is ambition Mr Doncaster!. (Ipswich after Nugent)

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3172893,00.html

And yes, I am hacked off, like being in big debt hurt them!.[8o|]

[/quote]Holding the scum up as role models now wiz. Now that really is plumbing the depths !!   [:''(]

[/quote]

Oh do behave mate, I''ve never set the blue filth up to be anything but scum and debt dodgers, its just totally unfair thats all. We are always being told by our board that we must be careful and prudent or we could be in trouble.........what? like them?

Once they get promoted, and I fear they will, they will spend,  no doubt on that, and if they survive just one season, that 80 million quid they''ll get........................fancy living in their shadow?

Because I bloody well don''t!.[8o|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kdncfc"]

Roeder may have done well but I''d much rather be in their shoes than ours, they are looking good bets for at least a play off place and even if they fail this year they will have more money to spend in the summer so will be a good bet to go up next year. We will somehow need to sign 10 players in the summer, if Auntie Delia is still in charge then it is difficult to see where the money is going to come from and it is most likely we will go into next season with a very small squad because we don''t have the money to buy enough players. I''m desperately hoping a new investor arrives in the summer to at least give us a chance of building a squad capable of challenging next season.

[/quote]

Well, it''s entirely possible we would have been in "their shoes" as you put it if Roeder had been here all season. What is the attraction with them? Wouldn''t you rather be in Stokes shoes, or Watfords or Bristol City''s or West Broms or Charltons? Some of you have a morbid fascination with that lot from down the road. I would never rather be in their shoes. And, as for having money to spend, they still have to spend it wisely.

[/quote]

Taking away the whole thing about Ipswich nutty,ask yourself how two of the clubs you mentioned have managed to out perform us both in the transfer market and on the field? I''ll leave you to work out which two, but they both have half our gate reciepts and are by no means more attractive Clubs than us. Plodding along...plodding along.............dum dee dum!!

Would be a decent coup for them getting Nugent.  I dont think they have a cats chance in hell of getting him personally, why would pompey pay £6m + for a player then loan him out, I think they are Harrys exact words when Preston made a cheeky enquiry.

But good luck to Ipswich.  They are doing well at the moment and have made a couple of decent signings this January.  The only thing they have to watch out for is burn out in the tail end of the season.  Don''t forget thay started pre-season some 4/5 weeks before everyone else.  Will they have enough in the tank for the all important end of season run in, and more importantly the 3 additional games if they get to where they want to be.

Heres hoping they blow it in spectacular style.  (I need something to be cheerful about after our indifferent season).

Oh and Wiz.  We have been in their shadow before, and they have been in ours.  Swings and roundabouts, as the saying goes...The sun even shines on a dogs arse somedays.....

Problem with you wiz, is that you don''t know what to whinge about next.If it had been us that has looked to bring in a crocked loanee who has failed miserably in the Premiership you would be cluttering up this board with endless bleating threads about how the club lacked ''ambition''.Maybe it''s the same ambition that saw them having to hand the club over to an assetstripper after reckless borrowing coupled with a transfer policy that saw them lose millions upon millions on Sereni, Marshall, D Bent, George, Le Pen and others.A much vaunted acadamy that benefits from the 90 minute rule which denies City access to much of what comes out of london, with their recent youth cup winning team almost to a man having left poorman rd.You may gripe because, as you see it, it''s unfair that we have to go out and earn a living to pay for where we are whilst the paupers, who are as good as on death row, don''t have to earn that living and get three meals a day for free. At the moment the paupers are one of many clubs fighting for ONE play off place. Their much talked of investment has seen one major purchase, one freebie, one loanee and a purchase funded by the sale of their first choice keeper.Hardly the £12m we were told by the pitchfork jugglers, nor the wiping out of the debt or anything similar merely the knowledge that as their club and facilities are owned by a company that runs corporate events they will have to sit on the side and see that comapny use those facilities to line their pockets virtually free of charge.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]Holding the scum up as role models now wiz. Now that really is plumbing the depths !!   [:''(]

[/quote]

Oh do behave mate, I''ve never set the blue filth up to be anything but scum and debt dodgers, its just totally unfair thats all. We are always being told by our board that we must be careful and prudent or we could be in trouble.........what? like them?

Once they get promoted, and I fear they will, they will spend,  no doubt on that, and if they survive just one season, that 80 million quid they''ll get........................fancy living in their shadow?

Because I bloody well don''t!.[8o|]

[/quote]

Quite right Wiz.

However some people prefer the moral high ground to the football high ground.

If they are happy with a feeling of moral superiority but lower on the pitch expectations then that''s their priviledge. Personally I would prefer that we were competing at a higher football level.

That''s only my opinion. I realise others have a different viewpoint.

[quote user="paul"]

But the thing is they have been awesome since spending over £3 Million on there 3 new midfield players, who I''m afraid to say look very good indeed!

[/quote]

Really

So they have 11  points nfrom their last 6 games and we have 11 points from our last 6. What colour tint do you need on your specs to distort these figures?

And Old Shuck - If they are so good with their youth and in the transfer market how come they have been in our shadow for over half the last 20 years?

What is it with you people on this thread???

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

As i said in other threads the only reason IMO that people want to keep this board is because an almost unhealthy ''family club'' obsession has been built up by DS and co,which is fine off the field but not on it. How i see it is the board lost my trust as a group dear to the fans during the Prem season when they became secretive and misleading in there statements thus giving rise to ''spin'' accusations. I''ve always believed that NCFC is a close nit club with real roots in the local community and it has nothing to do with the current board,in fact the way its constantly thrown at us that we ''must all stick together'' stinks of someone who is scared of losing a plaything and using the fans loyalty to something that has been very close to our hearts anyway. I doubt for one minute a new investor would ever take away the fans love and loyalty of NCFC and for people to think otherwise is silly and the whole ''I would be lost without Norwich'' guilt trip by Delia is proof IMO that she''s not prepared to let go even in the best interest of the Club us FANS love.

You are not too bright at times are you wiz ?EVERY club is "linked with loads of players which haven''t come to fruition"That was the point being made to your over exited squeak about how the binners were so ambitious based on the above speculation.Could you please tell us why that ambition failed to land Jeffers and Marshall last summer ? Failed to meet the payments outside of the Premiership as ambitiously claimed by the red faced buffoon. Failed to meet payments to local traders after ambitiously redressing years of underspend on their infrastructure.Failed to protect the value of their fans shareholdings after ambitiously signing numerous dodgy foreign players.Just be grateful that you don''t share the same level of ''ambition'' wiz, or you would now be sat in the local bus shelter scribbling mad notes to the Pinkun whilst the property speculator owned your house, the bank owned your pension and you had welshed on any the financial help from your family and friends.Still; I suppose you could tell anyone who would listen about your ambition as you sat there.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="paul"]

But the thing is they have been awesome since spending over £3 Million on there 3 new midfield players, who I''m afraid to say look very good indeed!

[/quote]

Really

So they have 11  points nfrom their last 6 games and we have 11 points from our last 6. What colour tint do you need on your specs to distort these figures?

And Old Shuck - If they are so good with their youth and in the transfer market how come they have been in our shadow for over half the last 20 years?

What is it with you people on this thread???

[/quote]

I hate to say it but I think they have had a better last 15 years than us.  More play-off finishes, more Premiership seaosns, higher finishes in the table, more European seasons, even after administration Jow Royle had them doing quite well, especially compared to the way we fared on relegation...

Hopefully they will blow it big style this season..

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Taking away the whole thing about Ipswich nutty,ask yourself how two of the clubs you mentioned have managed to out perform us both in the transfer market and on the field? I''ll leave you to work out which two, but they both have half our gate reciepts and are by no means more attractive Clubs than us. Plodding along...plodding along.............dum dee dum!!

[/quote]

Surely you can see that if we take away the whole thing about piswich from this thread then I wouldn''t be posting.  The whole point about my posts is that I find it incredible that Norwich fans can distort the facts to favour piswich in the way they do on this thread.

To answer your point Arthur I don''t believe those clubs are out performing us since Roeder took over, or are you still living in the past?

Stoke      P20 W11 D6 L3 Pts39      

Norwich  P20 W9 D7 L4 Pts34

Charlton  P20 W9 D6 L5 Pts33

Bristol     P19 W9 D4 L6 Pts31

Ipswich   P21 W8 D6 L7 Pts30

Watford  P21 W8 D6 L7 Pts30

How are you going to distort these facts without any tints from specsavers [8-|]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I hate to say it but I think they have had a better last 15 years than us.  More play-off finishes, more Premiership seaosns, higher finishes in the table, more European seasons, even after administration Jow Royle had them doing quite well, especially compared to the way we fared on relegation...

Hopefully they will blow it big style this season..

[/quote]

What colour tint are your specs[8-|] that made you change my 20 years to 15 in order to get the desired result [^o)]

Like I said.. what is it with you people [:^)]

It''s not worth... so we spend in excess of 1m to bring this guy in... he''s a good player... and we''ll probably end up 8th or something instead of my predicted 14th, but that''s not worth the spend is it? We have to accept that play-offs are not an option this season. Roeder''s time as Norwich manager will begin in the summer as far as i''m concerned, that''s when he can finally begin to shape a team. This time, i think the "curse of the second season" for Roeder will be smashed.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]You are not too bright at times are you wiz ?

EVERY club is "linked with loads of players which haven''t come to fruition"

That was the point being made to your over exited squeak about how the binners were so ambitious based on the above speculation.

Could you please tell us why that ambition failed to land Jeffers and Marshall last summer ?

Failed to meet the payments outside of the Premiership as ambitiously claimed by the red faced buffoon.

Failed to meet payments to local traders after ambitiously redressing years of underspend on their infrastructure.

Failed to protect the value of their fans shareholdings after ambitiously signing numerous dodgy foreign players.

Just be grateful that you don''t share the same level of ''ambition'' wiz, or you would now be sat in the local bus shelter scribbling mad notes to the Pinkun whilst the property speculator owned your house, the bank owned your pension and you had welshed on any the financial help from your family and friends.

Still; I suppose you could tell anyone who would listen about your ambition as you sat there.
[/quote]

You''re just incapable of grasping ''general concept of posts'' aren''t you Ralph? sometimes it helps if you can think in different tones............clearly everyone else has grasped the ''spirit'' of my thread but you can''t.

Be honest with yourself, you saw the wizard avatar and you brain fused, fear not, half a dozen other posters on this message board suffer from the same malady as you! so rejoice..........................you''re not alone!.[:D]

" so rejoice..........................you''re not alone!"Neither are you, oh mystical one. There appears to be a few others on here who have reasons to attack the club. Whether they share your reasons or perhaps it''s your geographical location they share we shall never know.

You will see just how ambitious this Board are in the summer , we are going to need 8 or 9 new players and anything half reasonable nowadays costs £1 million .My guess would be a few £300,000 to £500,000 signings more freebies and another stack of loanees . Every year will be a struggle from now on untill Delia and the rest of her team pack up and go they just cannot afford to put together a promotion chasing team . Amongst the biggest crowds in the division but also the smallest transfer budgets and anybody expecting that to change is living in dreamland .

"And Old Shuck - If they are so good with their youth and in the transfer market how come they have been in our shadow for over half the last 20 years?"

Fair point-but twisting that round, you could say that we have been in their shadow for half the last twenty years as well, I think it works out at about 50:50.

Obviously my statement was open to investigation and I will do so, I would bet though, that, over the last twenty years, their youth system has been more successful than ours-though you have to define what makes it "successful", is it players breaking through and appearing for the first team, or is it selling them on for a big profit?

Two of our bigger sales lately have been players we bought in (Ashton and Earnie-makings of a good strike duo there!), it would be nice to have another few Greeno''s and get them in, develop them, see what good players they are and get a lot of money when they do move on-but who is going to do that for us next, can''t see anyone on the horizon yet, but Ipswich have more than a few that might.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

"And Old Shuck - If they are so good with their youth and in the transfer market how come they have been in our shadow for over half the last 20 years?"

Fair point-but twisting that round, you could say that we have been in their shadow for half the last twenty years as well, I think it works out at about 50:50.

[/quote]

But, like I keep stating over and over, why would City fans on a City message board want to twist it around to show them in a better light.

The truth is that over the last 20 seasons they have been in our shadow for 11. I really can''t be bothered to look back over those 20 years and compare  youth players or performances in the transfer market but I would suggest that as we were doing better than them those things were better too. They have also been in our shadow since Roeder took over this season.

I still don''t understand why so many posters on this board would manipulate the stats until they show that lot in a better light than us. Come on CJF and Arthur - get back out of the closet long enough to explain it to me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

But, like I keep stating over and over, why would City fans on a City message board want to twist it around to show them in a better light.

The truth is that over the last 20 seasons they have been in our shadow for 11. I really can''t be bothered to look back over those 20 years and compare  youth players or performances in the transfer market but I would suggest that as we were doing better than them those things were better too. They have also been in our shadow since Roeder took over this season.

I still don''t understand why so many posters on this board would manipulate the stats until they show that lot in a better light than us. Come on CJF and Arthur - get back out of the closet long enough to explain it to me.

[/quote]

Yep Arto I am having you out of that closet as soon as I can , you can have my messages deleted and removed but rest assured I will tell it how it is . Because I have found the root of the cause of your bitterness . I will reveal all , I will give you a taster.  It was "Cumfy" wasn''t it Arto ? It was "Cumfy" his mum and his gang ? Re "Bunny Larkins torn shorts ". Now that''s shook you hasn''t It  Arto ? Think on it Arto you lovely old boy [;)] arrdee.

Let''s just say we are close rivals. That''s why we hate each other so much! There has never been a time - unlike, say Man Utd and Man City - where 2 divisions have separated us. The rise is usually followed by an inevitable fall and we are back to square one again. I personally think our rivalry is more bitter than most others. Liverpool and Everton fans work together and become quite pally and the same can be said for the London, Sheffield, Bristol etc derbies. A few miles seperate us and distance lends disenchantment. But my main point is about the money we have come into - thanks to Marcus Evans. It would be stupid to say that all Town fans are besides themselves with glee that we have been taken over by an invisible benefactor. I would rather we were still owned by the "old school". What can''t be denied is that business investment - and Evans clearly isn''t stupid - IS the only way now of progressing into the Premiership. The "family-owned" club, sadly, has had its day. The truth is that Ipswich were in such a financial pickle that we were forced to ADVERTISE ourselves as in need of a benefactor. Sheepshanks reluctantly took the option of positively sounding out future investment - knowing that his own role would be little more than a figurehead. If Norwich don''t do the same, there is no way that they compete as a force in this division. But that''s only my opinion.

Honestly, I am not using them as "proof" that they are a better club, or to praise Ipswich and condemn us. Its just how I have seen things. I don''t hate Ipswich, I know lots of Norwich fans do, its a rivalry and all that & completely understandable, I''m not knocking that either...but I just regard them with indifference, much as I do every other league club. We are what matters!

And yes, we have come more to the forefront this season and stolen some of their "thunder", if they reach the play off''s, then the balance will swing back to them again. But at least there is balance there, between them and us, and most of the clubs in our league. Wish the same could be said about the Prem!

Looks like Ipswich will get Nugent then after Harry agreed to release him.

''''THE ball is very much in David Nugent''s court today as he decides on whether to join Ipswich Town on loan, after getting the go-ahead from Portsmouth.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp yesterday agreed the one-time England striker would be allowed to leave Fratton Park until the end of the season and indicated he would also be willing to sell Nugent''''

" The truth is that Ipswich were in such a financial pickle that we were forced to ADVERTISE ourselves as in need of a benefactor"That is one MASSIVE understatement. You were months away from administration. That''s why the club had to accept such dreadful terms.NO debts paid off.Further borrownings and repaymentsThe club handed over for £3.9m, which oddly enough returns to the ownerThe facilities can niw be used by Marcus Evans free of charge to do as they please with any notional costs charged against the accruing interest.And finally your fans investment swept aside and made worthless.If Nugent comes in as a loanee it hardly smacks of the absurd ''£12m available to get you into the Premiership'' your lot bleated about.Six year olds in India sewing footballs have a better deal than what you''ve been lumbered with.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]You will see just how ambitious this Board are in the summer , we are going to need 8 or 9 new players and anything half reasonable nowadays costs £1 million .My guess would be a few £300,000 to £500,000 signings more freebies and another stack of loanees . Every year will be a struggle from now on untill Delia and the rest of her team pack up and go they just cannot afford to put together a promotion chasing team . Amongst the biggest crowds in the division but also the smallest transfer budgets and anybody expecting that to change is living in dreamland .[/quote]

We do not have one of the smallest transfer budgets in the division.  Exclude the parachute payment boys and you will probably find we are up there in the top 4/5.  Peter Grant spent a stack of money in the summer, he just spent it very badly going for quantity over quality.

We can do well next season.  Delia has found the money for 2 promotion chasing teams, 1 success & 1 failure.  We have a half decent base from which to build on.  3/4 good quality loaning signings, 2/3 decent Bosman signings, 2/3 permanent signings.  Thats between 7 & 10 players.  Based on your half decent at £1m, thats only £2-3m spent.  Maybe less if we can blag at least 1 bargain.

I suppose you have a problem with loan signings given your name.  I don''t personally, in fact at Championship level I think it is a good way to play the game.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Surely you can see that if we take away the whole thing about piswich from this thread then I wouldn''t be posting.  The whole point about my posts is that I find it incredible that Norwich fans can distort the facts to favour piswich in the way they do on this thread.

To answer your point Arthur I don''t believe those clubs are out performing us since Roeder took over, or are you still living in the past?

Stoke      P20 W11 D6 L3 Pts39      

Norwich  P20 W9 D7 L4 Pts34

Charlton  P20 W9 D6 L5 Pts33

Bristol     P19 W9 D4 L6 Pts31

Ipswich   P21 W8 D6 L7 Pts30

Watford  P21 W8 D6 L7 Pts30

How are you going to distort these facts without any tints from specsavers [8-|]

[/quote]

Nutty surely you can see the bigger picture? I love Roeder but my point is this,  Ipswich,Watford,WBA, and Charlton are aloing better then we have with the same resources such as prem money and parachute payments and Stoke and Bristol are out performing us with less available money....why?  God almighty, we cant go on like this and evethe players know it.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Nutty surely you can see the bigger picture? I love Roeder but my point is this,  Ipswich,Watford,WBA, and Charlton are aloing better then we have with the same resources such as prem money and parachute payments and Stoke and Bristol are out performing us with less available money....why?  God almighty, we cant go on like this and evethe players know it.

[/quote]

No Arthur, I can see the whole picture but it''s you that can''t. Or maybe you don''t want to. The only side that is doing better is Stoke. (Good luck to Stoke but they do nothing for me. Like Watford they are abysmal but that''s for another thread.) We have done better than those other clubs since Roeder took over, surely that''s the point. 8 points from the first 13 games under Grant and Duffy is the difference between us and the other clubs.

Would you prefer we had got an unfit Nugent on loan rather than a young and hungry Ched Evans?

Why does everything about football have to be about money in your big picture? Shall we decide league positions by money spent and wages paid? Is that how it works in your big picture? When you saw, if you saw, Ched''s strike go in the top corner at Cardiff did it spoil the moment because he was on loan? Or was Fashanu''s legendary goal of the season against Liverpool spoiled for you because he didn''t cost us a transfer fee? When Graham Paddon scored that hat-trick at Highbury in the League Cup were you secretly gutted because he only cost £25,000 and the board had not spent a penny on new players since we had won promotion?

Who stars in your big picture Arthur[*][~]? Is it Ched Evans or David Nugent [:^)]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" so rejoice..........................you''re not alone!"

Neither are you, oh mystical one. There appears to be a few others on here who have reasons to attack the club. Whether they share your reasons or perhaps it''s your geographical location they share we shall never know.

[/quote]

Having a go at the board is NOT attacking the club. Putting up with the mediocrity that we have had to suffer because of the boards lack of ambition IS attacking the club. When will posters such as yourself get rid of your delusion that in order to support the club we have to think the board is doing a jolly fine job? As one or two other posters have stated we are going to be in REAL trouble come the summer if we don''t get some investment in, if you are in any doubt strip away all the current loanees and the players it looks like will be finishing this year (Dublin, Hucks etc) and what will we have left?

nutty. You - and so many others - really do like getting your kni*kers in the proverbial twist about Ipswich. Quite frankly they don''t bother me. I see them as merely another club, another competitor - just nearer than most.

The fact is that over our histories - and by any objective measure - they have been a significantly more successful club than us.

Now we can do either of two things about this. Rant and rage and find all kinds of ways to disparage them and ''hate'' them; or roll up our sleeves and do something about it - something significant that will start to redress the balance.

Doing that ''something significant'' means at root the NCFC board getting off their soft rumps and self-satisfied high horse and raising their vision and ambition for the club. Within the current set-up nobody else can do that. I''m afraid we have gone too soft - we need a calculated injection of ''steel''.

Time to stop making excuses and the pulling of wool over eyes.

This summer is shaping up to be a significant tipping point in the modern history of NCFC - and I am worried.

One love.

OTBC