Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

This is ambition Mr Doncaster!. (Ipswich after Nugent)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Nutty surely you can see the bigger picture? I love Roeder but my point is this,  Ipswich,Watford,WBA, and Charlton are aloing better then we have with the same resources such as prem money and parachute payments and Stoke and Bristol are out performing us with less available money....why?  God almighty, we cant go on like this and evethe players know it.

[/quote]

No Arthur, I can see the whole picture but it''s you that can''t. Or maybe you don''t want to. The only side that is doing better is Stoke. (Good luck to Stoke but they do nothing for me. Like Watford they are abysmal but that''s for another thread.) We have done better than those other clubs since Roeder took over, surely that''s the point. 8 points from the first 13 games under Grant and Duffy is the difference between us and the other clubs.

Would you prefer we had got an unfit Nugent on loan rather than a young and hungry Ched Evans?

Why does everything about football have to be about money in your big picture? Shall we decide league positions by money spent and wages paid? Is that how it works in your big picture? When you saw, if you saw, Ched''s strike go in the top corner at Cardiff did it spoil the moment because he was on loan? Or was Fashanu''s legendary goal of the season against Liverpool spoiled for you because he didn''t cost us a transfer fee? When Graham Paddon scored that hat-trick at Highbury in the League Cup were you secretly gutted because he only cost £25,000 and the board had not spent a penny on new players since we had won promotion?

Who stars in your big picture Arthur[*][~]? Is it Ched Evans or David Nugent [:^)]

[/quote]

I''m not going to say i dont agree with a lot of your points because i do, but what I''m trying to say is and it is ifs and buts,is i honestly cant see us competing with these teams in the transfer market come the summer as we''ve yet to do it in the past and i really think if that''s the case Roeder is going to struggle to emulate the great job he''s done thus far.

Short memory syndrome.....? we went for Nugent remeber? It was a whole 4 weeks ago so maybe you''ve forgotten.He say no.

Portsmouth have now agreed that Nugent can go to Ipswich on loan for the rest of the season with an option to buy in the summer. Nugent has asked for the weekend to make a decision because Preston also want him.

Couldnt we gatecrash the party?

CA, I wouls love us to gate crash the party, but don''t think it will happen, he will cost aound 4-5 million. I don''t think he will go back to Preston either, he will want to show that he is capable of playing in the prem, to be honest, he has a better chance with Ipswich than Preston and us. Shame thou, would be a great signing for us and if he signs for them, they will be a dead cert for automatic promotion in my opinion.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]He''s signng for the scum on Friday.....................bug*er!.[:S][/quote]

Couldn''t care less, I rate Evans as highly as Nugent, and he is fully fit!  

Fantastic, so the scum pay through the nose for an unfit and for a year now unproven striker. Thank god we are not that stupid hey?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]He''s signng for the scum on Friday.....................bug*er!.[:S][/quote]