Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

A wizard challenge to the Board

We surely must all agree that the board simply must back Glen Roeder with hard cash in the summer, yes?.

Not the odd loanee, freebie, but good quality signings.

GR, by his own admission, is looking at 8-9 signings, even at 500 grand each, thats approx 4-5 million quid. So confident am I that this will not happen, I will change my username on here if it does.

Thats right, no more 1st wizard.

Thats my challenge....................and I feel pretty safe!.

It would be more appealing to me if you let other posters decide your new username.  Now THAT would be interesting.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

We surely must all agree that the board simply must back Glen Roeder with hard cash in the summer, yes?.

GR, by his own admission, is looking at 8-9 signings, even at 500 grand each, thats approx 4-5 million quid. So confident am I that this will not happen, I will change my username on here if it does.

[/quote]

May I remind you that, once a board has spent over 3 million for one player previously ( as we did with Ashton ) it''s not such a stretch to do it again if the right opportunity presents itself. Incidentally, your number says 4 to 5 million, which means if they reach  the 4 million, mission accomplished, so no squealing like a pig later that you said 5 million.

If the Board does spend 4 million I expect you to find wriggling room or memory loss once again come to your rescue. 

That''s my prediction...............and I feel more than pretty safe! 

[quote user="Duffman"]It would be more appealing to me if you let other posters decide your new username.  Now THAT would be interesting.
[/quote]

If I fail, then yes Duffman.[:D]

Keep at it Wiz, some of us can see the truth and are with you.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

You are a strange Wiz sometimes, but one thing I can and always will agree with you on is the NC Board, I have said since GR came to Carrow Road that he must be backed in the summer with cash from the Board.  My thoughts on this have not changed.  Yes he needs 8-9 signings, but if 5 of those were perm''s and the rest were loans for the season I would be happy.  If he got his wish of all proper perms I would be delighted for GR, the very least he deserves IMHO. [:D]

But if the board do not back him I can see GR walking and going somewhere where there is the money for him to be able to work at what he''s good at and that is Managing a team with fantastic backing from the Board.

If the worst does happen, they don''t back him, he walks, then the fans will not be happy.

Lets just wait and see rather than get depressed before it even happens, otherwise we might as well start thinking about what to do when Roeder leaves us!

[/quote]

I am pretty sure that there will be no need for you to change your username, Wiz.

The board can''t win on this one. Even if they do take your ''advice'' Wiz and spend £4m on 8 players at £500k each, everyone will be moaning that they are cheap rubbish and not good enough to get us promoted. Are you taking wages into consideration? No. Are you taking Bosman''s into consideration? No. So if we sign 3 or 4 top players on a Bosman at £15k a week each you''ll still complain saying that the club lacks ambition because they haven''t spent money.

Pointless, attention-seeking, board-bashing thread once again.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Wiz... how about if ur wrong u disapear for a season?

jas :)

[/quote]

why is a post deemed attention seeking just because it dont suit the percy''s viewpoint. people have views both ways get over it.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

We dont always agree Wiz but on this issue of the board i agree, i cant see them spending enough to match Glens ambitions, hope i am wrong.

[/quote]

Thats because we dont have it to spend!!!

Ffs figure it out, 25 k fans doesn''t amount to fa compared to TV rights, merchansing, players wages, agents and transfer fees.

STOP getting this idea of NCFC hoarding all this money! We dont have any!

yellow ice that is my point we have no money, the board cannot cope with the finances needed for this club. We need people in who can, fact. How  that idea is anti city is beyond me.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

why is a post deemed attention seeking just because it dont suit the percy''s viewpoint. people have views both ways get over it.

[/quote]Totally agree ricky. This board would be really boring without you nancy''s on it.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Or if I''m right, you will jas!.

Clarification to keep YC happy:

My challenge is to the current board, that they will not back GR to at least the gestimated sum of 4 and a half million pounds this summer.............furthermore, Glen will only end up with yet more loans, freebies and Bosman syle signings.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

You are a strange Wiz sometimes, but one thing I can and always will agree with you on is the NC Board, I have said since GR came to Carrow Road that he must be backed in the summer with cash from the Board.  My thoughts on this have not changed.  Yes he needs 8-9 signings, but if 5 of those were perm''s and the rest were loans for the season I would be happy.  If he got his wish of all proper perms I would be delighted for GR, the very least he deserves IMHO. [:D]

But if the board do not back him I can see GR walking and going somewhere where there is the money for him to be able to work at what he''s good at and that is Managing a team with fantastic backing from the Board.

If the worst does happen, they don''t back him, he walks, then the fans will not be happy.

[/quote]

can we all remember in the Jan window roeder hinting that some were dragging their heels in getting extra bodies in??? ok they came at the death, but young loanees couldn''t have been what roeder meant, could they???  in which case, has roeder already had promises broken by this board??? he did he bit early doors in the jan window and sold joe and brown for £800k, and although signing matty patty - had to scramble around at the end of jan for young, green, freshfaced loanees - must be galling for a man of glens obvious talent and ambition, no wonder leicester are sniffing around him, and i doubt they will be the last unless the board are 100% serious and match roeders ambition and valuations (yeah right)!!!the board may well spend £4-5m (including the player contracts) but then they will need to if we are to have any notion of competing for promotion next season.  make no mistake, the situashun will be desparate if glen has to sniff for bargains in scottish reserve team, like poor ole granty did!!!

" How  that idea is anti city is beyond me."Well the presumption is that somehow there is a magical formula that the club''s board has deliberately failed, or is unable, to inact. This is not so much nonsense as the eternal bleat of somebody unable or unwilling to grasp reality. Far better to conjure up some pantomime baddy than ever to face facts. Which I suppose is not too surprising given the original poster imagines that he is a wizard - a tenous contact with reality some might think.Firstly, there is no guarantee of success simply by spending money. Secondly, no one on here has any idea what funds will be available in the summer or what were available in January.Most importantly, however,  is why some on here appear to act like Al Fayed with his myriad conspiracy theories. Part of this supposed plot to defraud the innocent City fan (albeit a keyboard bound one) are the present and all past managers, all of the board, the club''s accountants, previous board members and any finance institution connected with the club.Given wiz''s ''weather vane in a hurricane'' approach to consistency the only challenge that appears to have been met is that he finished the post in the same train of thought he started it with.

[quote user="ricky knight"]yellow ice that is my point we have no money, the board cannot cope with the finances needed for this club. We need people in who can, fact. How  that idea is anti city is beyond me.[/quote]

This is exactly the point - once Hucks and Dublin and the loanees depart at the end of this season it will leave a massive hole in our squad. Unless that hole is filled with decent quality players we could end up in a desperate fight against relegation again next year. I would hope the board are already discussing what they intend to do about making transfer funds available for Glenn, but I''m not counting on it. If they really don''t have the financial clout to do anything about the problem, then they should be looking for investors right now for the good of everybody who cares about NCFC. The sort of money Wiz mentioned (4-5 million pounds) is probably not far out if you want to rebuild our squad to prepare for another season in the Championship. And even then Glenn will need to be extremely shrewd and maybe have a bit of luck in the transfer market as well. Anything less, and we are in grave danger of watching League One football in just over a year''s time. In fact with the whole apathetic attitude of our present board, I am almost certain that League One is our destiny very soon.

The problem with your argument is that if we do but lots of players, I can imagine that a lot will be disclosed fee''s etc. I know we need the numbers, but remember last season when we got lots of numbers in, most of them were pants, not all but most. I would rather have a bit more quality that numbers.

I do think that the board will back GR for as much as they can and he as much as he wants. I don''t think that the board will risk the wrath of everyone and more than likely as they can see that we are on the verge of doing something decent, as much as people slag the board off, they ain''t stupid.

im hoping the boardll find money from somewere

but from the january transfer window with just loans it doesnt look like they have much atm.....

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Or if I''m right, you will jas!.

Clarification to keep YC happy:

My challenge is to the current board, that they will not back GR to at least the gestimated sum of 4 and a half million pounds this summer.............furthermore, Glen will only end up with yet more loans, freebies and Bosman syle signings.

[/quote]

Go on shake on it the pair of you. Would be good......

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

The problem with your argument is that if we do but lots of players, I can imagine that a lot will be disclosed fee''s etc. I know we need the numbers, but remember last season when we got lots of numbers in, most of them were pants, not all but most. I would rather have a bit more quality that numbers.

I do think that the board will back GR for as much as they can and he as much as he wants. I don''t think that the board will risk the wrath of everyone and more than likely as they can see that we are on the verge of doing something decent, as much as people slag the board off, they ain''t stupid.

[/quote]Great post (Y). I think more rebuilding is needed because once again we''re going to end the season very thin on depth. However, Grant''s attempt at rebuilding were to no success.We musn''t get ahead of ourselves, and try to realise that there''s going to be Championship clubs with far more money than us, both this season and next.

[quote user="Metzdrag"]

im hoping the boardll find money from somewere

but from the january transfer window with just loans it doesnt look like they have much atm.....

[/quote]

Do you not read the News? FGS you are on the pinkun website, there were articles about how GR had put reasonable offers in for a couple of players. You can not make a reasonable offer if you do not have the cash!!!!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"] Which I suppose is not too surprising given the original poster imagines that he is a wizard - a tenous contact with reality some might think.
[/quote]

If you truely think that I believe I''m a real wizard, then you''re certifiable Ralph!.[:D]

I am getting that sinking feeling from this thread that the same tired old arguments are going to be wheeled out until the Summer window closes.So batten down the hatches. I predict that......

1) Wiz won''t stop posting (mores the pity).

2) The same old fag packet calculations of fees received/ paid will be made to indicate that we have underspent by millions.

3) We will bid for several expensive strikers who will go elsewhere and Delia will be blamed for this.

4) We will buy a small number of players + get another half dozen loanees that will be slagged off as showing lack of ambition when they arrive and will be proclaimed as a master stroke later (particularly if they get sold).

5) A number of millionaires/billionaires will crop up as once having a holiday on the broads/GYarmouth etc who are desparate to cough the £40m to buy the club and then add £100m for the squad.

6) The Turners will put a few million in and get slagged off for not giving enough, Delia will stay and the billionaires will say they prefer London/never been to Norwich/how much - you must be joking.

7) The accounts will be published showing that the club is losing money again. Mr Carrow will point out the amount paid for infrastructure.

8) BBBly will predict a Windass moment because Roeder can''t get the cash to buy Berbatov, Smudger will organise a protest.

9) None of Ricky''s posts will contain more than one sentence.

10) We will play some football.

If I get all 10 I think I deserve the right to pick Wiz''s new name and avatar. [:D]

[quote user="BigFish"]

If I get all 10 I think I deserve the right to pick Wiz''s new name and avatar. [:D]

[/quote]

And if I''m right I''ll pick yours?[:|]

" If you truely think that I believe I''m a real wizard "Are you suggesting that we shouldn''t believe what you tell us, wiz ?