Sign in to follow this  
Infamy, Infamy

Roeder has sussed the Pinkun message board!

1. I Sit in the N&P [:P]2. Roeder admitted that Gibbs had an awful game against hull. I''m just arguing that just because he was awful against hull he shouldn''t be praised for being mediocre against Barnsley. I know that the same people praising him would be the same people critising rusty or fozzy if they played as "well" as gibbs.3. Bly: Some players make an art of doing nothing4. Scooby, I''d hazard 2. But then again, they might have both been flukes. All I know is Gibbs pulled out of too many important tackles for my liking. I''d even go as far as saying that if rusty was playing we would have at least had a lot more chances to score, let alone goals.

People are criticising him for pulling out of tackles and generally not being Gattuso. What do you expect from a young lad who to be fair is not the biggest? That''s not his game. I also dont blame him for pulling out of 50/50s when he is building towads a career with one of the world''s best sides - esp after seeing his team mate''s leg snapped in two, and by a player he prob considers to be championship level too. Not great for confidence I would say.

If he can bring some calm, unhurried posession and distribution, I will be happy, as it will calm down the rest of the midfield to know he is there. I personally trust Roeder/Wenger/the England youth setup more than some jaded web numpties and wannabe "Man-in-the-stands."

What I dont understand is all the people on here saying Gibbs was rubbish against Hull.   Surely, to be rubbish you would have had to have seen the ball at least once in the first 25 minutes.  Is it the lads fault that nobody spread the ball wide left for the first half an hour? Everything went to croft and thats understandable seeing as Croft has been our playmaker for the last 2 months.  Much like when just hucks used to play, the team would always work it to the left and the right sided player was frozen out ALOT.  Now the team has got used to feeding it right to Croft.You cannot call an 18 year old ARSENAL player rubbish, he had a quiet game I agree but he was no where near as bad as half of you lot have said.   I hope GR keeps playing him, afterall why did we loan a player that Arsene Wenger holds in such high regard just to keep him in the stands.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

People are criticising him for pulling out of tackles and generally not being Gattuso. What do you expect from a young lad who to be fair is not the biggest? That''s not his game.

[/quote]

I''m sorry but that is lame. Even huckerby tackles and tries to win the ball. You can''t have a decent team in the ccc if you are letting one player not do any defensive work.

Gibbs first 60mins in a yellow & green shirt was very very poor and his last game in mid field was not much better, Pattison had a poor game trying to make up for him.

Gibbs is out of his depth. I don''t like to see City being used as a kindergarten for a Premiership club to give their boy a first team run out when he''s just not good enough at this time. He plays like he''s not committed to us and you can see he does not want to be here. Send the boy home.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

if it was premature to criticise gibbs after 1 match then surely it is premature to praise Pearce too.

and as for Henry, what a blinder he played at Leicester.

Some people have their favourites and their whipping boys. Others will judge each match separately.

roeder is bound to be protective of his players but managers are not always right (remember his woeful predecessor)

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="scott"]He was dreadful Saturday, no tackling, no energy, Pattison working overtime to cover for him yet if you read the EDP today he gets 7/10, the same marks as Docherty who was superb and our best player. That in itself is ludicrous, Gibbs was at best 4 or 5 out of 10![/quote]

Not in the game I saw. Pattison was total crap, and Gibbs was much better than Pattison. Gibbs improved, and will improve further given more time. But hey, let''s string him up before he can show us what Wenger and the England management see in him.

P.S.Pattison really was crap.

P.P.S. Well done Roeder for having a pop at the "I''ve paid my money so you''re gonna have to put up with whatever garbage I choose" gnat-brains. He saw where that leads, at West Ham. Seriously, it''s ruining football, leading to England fans booing the players, and other nonsenses.
[/quote]

Pattisons passing was crap agreed but his energy, running, commitment etc effectively doing 2 mens work in the middle was excellent cause Mr Gibbs was a complete passenger. Without Pattison we''d of been completely overrun in the middle. Luckily for us we were playing one of the poorest teams I''ve seen in this Division and I''ve been to more games than what I''ve missed!.

The fact that Mr Gibbs is an Arsenal indicates that there surely must be something there but at this moment in time hes not good enough for Norwich, no better than others who Roeders frozen out and should not play again unless we''re really short. But turning a blind eye to poor performances just because hes ''from Arsenal'' is complete ''Tosh'' as my fellow devotee Ricardo puts it!

Yes I pay my money to go to most games but I will always say it as it I see it and don''t tell lies even if that means saying that some or a certain player is crap or if the fans scapegoat Docherty has a good game (our best player since replacing Taylor at the back!). The people praising Gibbs performance on Saturday are so blinkered its unbelievable. We had the same rubbish earlier in the season when most other players were getting slagged (some deservedly, others not) and yet Rossi Jarvis in a very similar vein to Gibbs looked clearly out of his depth and was not helping the team one iota but yet hardly anyone critiscised him.

I will back any player in a Norwich shirt who is worthy of that shirt and of the required level but not those who so blatantly obviously are not. If Gibbs is to play for Norwich again I hope he plays in a manner that makes him worthy of the shirt but his 2 performances so far indicate that is not likely!

If Gibbs plays in the middle in preference to Fotheringham or Pattison they''ll be something very very wrong about Roeders selection!