Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

THIS is ambition, Mister Doncaster! (Wolves sign Kevin Kyle)

all i say is watch championship tommorow

1. we havnt signed him he loan

2. we spent millions pound - maybe not all succesfully but that shows ambition

3. we in with shout of playoffs

4. he different option to other strikers as they all fairly small n lighweight bar lazy jay

5. he not that bad, outside box he top notch, goal scoring not

6. ambition - how about 30+ cureton to replace earnshaw

[quote user="we8wba"]

all i say is watch championship tommorow

1. we havnt signed him he loan

3. we in with shout of playoffs

4. he different option to other strikers as they all fairly small n lighweight bar lazy jay

5. he not that bad, outside box he top notch, goal scoring not

[/quote]

You type this in hurry or English not your first language?

And point 5 - you could have bought Chris Brown for that.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

There''s ambition and then there''s plain stupidity.

[/quote]

good post, made me laugh

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Championship golden boot last season, ex-city lad, loves the club.  Good goalscoring record at every club he has ever played for.  Age is irrelevant, he isn''t one for the future he is for right now. 

Seeing as you come across as a football oracle who knows all, make a better suggestion as to who we should have bought.  And don''t mention Billy Sharp as we were in for him, he chose Shef Utd instead.  Also forget Luke Varney, he chose wages, I mean Charlton.

(In your teams defence I don''t actually mind Kyle, big strong lad who holds the ball up well.  Battering ram of a striker and just what is needed at this level)

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Championship golden boot last season, ex-city lad, loves the club.  Good goalscoring record at every club he has ever played for.  Age is irrelevant, he isn''t one for the future he is for right now. 

Seeing as you come across as a football oracle who knows all, make a better suggestion as to who we should have bought.  And don''t mention Billy Sharp as we were in for him, he chose Shef Utd instead.  Also forget Luke Varney, he chose wages, I mean Charlton.

(In your teams defence I don''t actually mind Kyle, big strong lad who holds the ball up well.  Battering ram of a striker and just what is needed at this level)

[/quote]

Freddy Eastwood, he''s setting the championship alight [:P]

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

bednar?

1993–1996
1996–2000
2000–2003
2003–2004
2004–2005
2005–2006
2005–2006
2006–2007
2007–
Norwich City
→ Bournemouth (loan)
Bristol Rovers
Reading
Busan I''cons
Queens Park Rangers
Swindon Town
→ Colchester United (loan)
Colchester United
Norwich City
029 0(6)
005 0(0)
176 (72)
108 (50)
021 0(4)
043 0(6)
030 0(7)
008 0(4)
044 (23)
026 0(6)   

hardly been prolofic since 2003 except a one of season with colchester

this isnt about wolves, you dont need tell me our strikers are tosh i watch them every week lol

cureton is half decent this league more of 2nd striker if you want to go up

my main point is, norwich pre season were aiming minimum top 6 in my opinion, signing cureton wasnt the answer to replace earnshaws goals

i do agree the strikers available last summer havnt really produced in eastwood, sharp, c.beattie

im just saying cureton 30yrs + is not ambitious move by the board to replace rob earnshaw

[quote user="we8wba"]

i do agree the strikers available last summer havnt really produced in eastwood, sharp, c.beattie

im just saying cureton 30yrs + is not ambitious move by the board to replace rob earnshaw

[/quote]

And I am saying name one striker in the 2.5-3m bracket who we could have bought to replace Earnshaw.  We were in for Sharp, we were in for Varney. 

With regard to his goalscoring record, he has averaged a goal every 2.5-3 games at every club he has been SETTLED at.  3/4 seasons as a journeyman whilst trying to get his career back do not count.  Cureton IMO was a very good short term solution  Also don''t forget that we have Chris Martin who promised so much but has failed to deliver.

There is ambition and stupidity.  We showed the ambition by going in for Sharp and Varney, sometimes you don''t win everything.

we8wba, kyle is an absolute donkey....

as for saying you have chance of play-offs, your only two points ahead of us, a difference that could be made up in any single round of matches at any point for the rest of the season

now get a life

we8wba, kyle is an absolute donkey....

as for saying you have chance of play-offs, your only two points ahead of us, a difference that could be made up in any single round of matches at any point for the rest of the season

now get a life

wolves 2pts clear, game in hand at home vs bottom of league

still got to play ipswich and plymouth at home (the sides battling out for 6th)

our destiny is in our own hands

im not knocking norwich, you still have chance to get in

but on paper and reality wolves have better chance of playoffs than norwich this season, im not saying we going to win it or nout im just saying getting in the actual top 6 is more likely to be wolves than norwich thats all

kyle - actually good at winning headers and holding ball up, he just cant score

he more of a throw on guy for last 10mins if winning or losing 1nil to lump to then a 90mins player

[quote user="we8wba"]we8wba, kyle is an absolute donkey....

now get a life

wolves 2pts clear, game in hand at home vs bottom of league

still got to play ipswich and plymouth at home (the sides battling out for 6th)

our destiny is in our own hands

im not knocking norwich, you still have chance to get in

but on paper and reality wolves have better chance of playoffs than norwich this season, im not saying we going to win it or nout im just saying getting in the actual top 6 is more likely to be wolves than norwich thats all

kyle - actually good at winning headers and holding ball up, he just cant score

he more of a throw on guy for last 10mins if winning or losing 1nil to lump to then a 90mins player

[/quote]

Remember the famous song about you lot, your f!"+ it up again, your f!"+ it up again, repeat till bored, just like your own fans sung when you lost to us in the playoffs. Classic.

we not in position to * it up though are we?

so thats silly to mention that all sudden

but so what, we did and norwich pipped us

we all know the rules of playoffs before season starts no point moaning about it now

anycase if we getting on those lines i could say we went up before you and you remember  when we did you 3-0 carrow road and was singing wanderers are going up now you * believe us etc...

1month later promotion secured!

its all HISTORY mate none of that is really relevant now - im more worried about this season than you beating us in playoffs or us getting in playoffs year after ahead of you guys

[quote user="we8wba"]

we all know the rules of playoffs before season starts no point moaning about it now

anycase if we getting on those lines i could say we went up before you and you remember  when we did you 3-0 carrow road and was singing wanderers are going up now you * believe us etc...

its all HISTORY mate none of that is really relevant now - im more worried about this season than you beating us in playoffs or us getting in playoffs year after ahead of you guys

[/quote]If we were going along those lines I could say that we went up before you! We were one of the original teams in the premiership and have experienced European football . . . . . but like you say that is history and on paper you have a squad that has cost you double that of ours and you are two points and two places above us - happy with that? I wouldn''t be!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

If we were going along those lines I could say that we went up before you! We were one of the original teams in the premiership and have experienced European football . . . . . but like you say that is history and on paper you have a squad that has cost you double that of ours and you are two points and two places above us - happy with that? I wouldn''t be!
[/quote]

game in hand vs bottom at home? so should realistically be 5pts our gd at the moment is worth an extra 1pt on you guys , but yes you are v.close to us

as to the experience in european football cant get to much better than uefa cup final do your research and before you say "bayern munich" we knocked out juventus

- before i get critisied - well done on norwich for beating bayern - and you were in prem before us and done better up there so i cant deny that

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]If we were going along those lines I could say that we went up before you! We were one of the original teams in the premiership and have experienced European football . . . . . but like you say that is history and on paper you have a squad that has cost you double that of ours and you are two points and two places above us - happy with that? I wouldn''t be![/quote]

game in hand vs bottom at home? so should realistically be 5pts our gd at the moment is worth an extra 1pt on you guys , but yes you are v.close to us

as to the experience in european football cant get to much better than uefa cup final do your research and before you say "bayern munich" we knocked out juventus

- before i get critisied - well done on norwich for beating bayern - and you were in prem before us and done better up there so i cant deny that

[/quote]I was looking at our squads this morning. It looks something like this:Wolves: 33 players in squad, 3 loans and 5/6 players 21 and younger.Norwich: 31 players in squad, 6 loans and 10/11 players 21 and younger.To give more information on this - the players classed as 21 and younger are all permanent players so I have not included any of our loan players - all of which bar Camara, fit into that catogory.I also added up a minimum of £4.25million spent on the strikers Wolves have compared to £750,000 (£1.5million if you include Huckerby) that Norwich have. Most of that in big Macs reign (2 seasons or so). If you were to go into money spent on the squads as a whole I think you would see a similar trend.Marshall - according to soccerbase cost Norwich £750,000 and is only 22. The more I see him pull of fantastic saves the more I think that not only do we have a bargin but some of the other teams around that have speant more on keepers have been sold down the river . . .Other than him we have 6 other players that cost over £500,000 in Huckerby, Doherty, Cureton, Russell, Croft and Drury. And then consider that Drury, Huckerby and Doherty were all signed prior to our premiership season (Drury not emediatly so) and you can see what our spending on the squad has been in the last three to four seasons.I think that when you look at the teams like this you would have to be concerned that Wolves arn''t doing greatly better.Whilst there may be people that come on this board and criticise Norwich - I still think for the amount of money invested in the team we tend to do very well for ourselves. So for me, value for money wise - Norwich are better.[:P]I would expect Wolves to be better - they always have wads of money being flashed about, just I am not convinced that they ever seem to have the edge required to gain promotion. The season you did - you only managed to by the skin of your teeth.[8-|]

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="we8wba"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

If we were going along those lines I could say that we went up before you! We were one of the original teams in the premiership and have experienced European football . . . . . but like you say that is history and on paper you have a squad that has cost you double that of ours and you are two points and two places above us - happy with that? I wouldn''t be!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was looking at our squads this morning. It looks something like this:

Wolves: 33 players in squad, 3 loans and 5/6 players 21 and younger.
Norwich: 31 players in squad, 6 loans and 10/11 players 21 and younger.

To give more information on this - the players classed as 21 and younger are all permanent players so I have not included any of our loan players - all of which bar Camara, fit into that catogory.

I also added up a minimum of £4.25million spent on the strikers Wolves have compared to £750,000 (£1.5million if you include Huckerby) that Norwich have. Most of that in big Macs reign (2 seasons or so). If you were to go into money spent on the squads as a whole I think you would see a similar trend.

Marshall - according to soccerbase cost Norwich £750,000 and is only 22. The more I see him pull of fantastic saves the more I think that not only do we have a bargin but some of the other teams around that have speant more on keepers have been sold down the river . . .

Other than him we have 6 other players that cost over £500,000 in Huckerby, Doherty, Cureton, Russell, Croft and Drury. And then consider that Drury, Huckerby and Doherty were all signed prior to our premiership season (Drury not emediatly so) and you can see what our spending on the squad has been in the last three to four seasons.

I think that when you look at the teams like this you would have to be concerned that Wolves arn''t doing greatly better.

Whilst there may be people that come on this board and criticise Norwich - I still think for the amount of money invested in the team we tend to do very well for ourselves. So for me, value for money wise - Norwich are better.[:P]

I would expect Wolves to be better - they always have wads of money being flashed about, just I am not convinced that they ever seem to have the edge required to gain promotion. The season you did - you only managed to by the skin of your teeth.[8-|]
[/quote]

You have officially mugged we8wba off to the maximum...

Poormans earnshaw - he is right on all his stats - im not mugged of he proved stats and stastics into his posts to make them worth while, maybe you can take page out his book

i will respond with

are wigan better than newcastle? i mean wigan spent less, way less but only 1place behind

im not trying pee you lot off but only stat i care about is being in top 6 after 46game

just think year you knocked us out we came something like 17pts ahead of you, but it counts for nothing if you come 3rd or 6th really

bristol c could be 5times better than us come playoffs, but long we have 3good games we promoted

you maybe batting above your weight, we maybe batting below ours - credit has to be said to you guys

but we 2pts ahead - 3pts (gd) and game in hand vs bottom of the league (not taking anything for granted) but should be 6pts ahead of you

good luck for rest season win this week puts you strongly in it, with everyone else having tough tough ties and wolves prob got next easiest in colchester away which im expecting draw to be honest

so you win - you in with a shot

sounded bit cocky then sorry

main point was

we could get in being terrible for 40games of the season

we would surely be the worst team to qualify for playoffs, both points wise (most likely be the lowest) and playing wise

but i wouldnt mind long we get in, as we could play blinding like bristol c but then be on level playiong ground come semis

[quote user="we8wba"]

sounded bit cocky then sorry

main point was

we could get in being terrible for 40games of the season

we would surely be the worst team to qualify for playoffs, both points wise (most likely be the lowest) and playing wise

but i wouldnt mind long we get in, as we could play blinding like bristol c but then be on level playiong ground come semis

[/quote]I know what you meant mate. I just like the fact that you remain upbeat about your club when you consider the amount of moaners on here! Especially when taking everything into account when all is said and done your lot have a lot more to moan about than us and yet even a run like we have just had doesn''t seem to please a lot of people on this board - a single defeat and they are all back to doom and gloom!