Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Well said Steve Bruce, former Canary. Proud of you.

From the BBC Sports website:

Martin Taylor is the biggest, gentlest man

says Wigan and former Birmingham boss Steve Bruce

Wigan boss Steve Bruce, who signed Taylor from Blackburn when he was Blues boss in February 2004, said his former player would never intentionally hurt anyone.

"Martin Taylor is the biggest, gentlest man," said Bruce. "There will be nobody more upset and sickened than him, there is not a bad bone in his body.

"He would never, ever do anything malicious. He has mis-timed the tackle, and I''ve seen it. Some would say it is not even a yellow card."

Support Martin Taylor against unfair conviction. He did well for us,

It''s a physical game. Ugly accidents will always happen. Life goes on.

OTBC

I agree - maybe Eduardo didn''t drink enough milk as a kid or something. Its just one of those freak accidents.

[quote user="chicken"]I agree - maybe Eduardo didn''t drink enough milk as a kid or something. Its just one of those freak accidents.
[/quote]

so because he didnt drink enough milk apperently and he is quicker to the ball makes it right chicken?

poor tackle but not malicous all what needs to be said really

Eduardo had his foot planted to the floor, that is why his leg got bust.  Just a very very unfortunate accident.

I disagree with the poster who said it wasn''t a yellow card though.  Def a booking IMO, it was very late.  Red was harsh though, issued becuase of the injury or the tackle?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"] "Some would say it is not even a yellow card."

[/quote]

That is a pretty ridiculous quote. And he was doing so well.

[/quote]

Actually Graham, even the commentators in the studio at half time said initially they didn''t think it warranted a yellow.  I have to agree at first sight and think the ref has reacted to the resulting injury rather than the challenge itself.

Eboue''s tackle on Terry had more malice about it, but Wenger didnt see that........

Which brings me on to this question......

What is the worst tackle you have ever seen?

Im going for Christian Dailly''s on Mullers. Disgraceful.

Considering that Wenger retracted his statement, surely that is the end of this discussion? The main story should be Eduardo''s recovery, not if Taylor is to blame as clearly no-one is blaming him, anymore. Why would anyone ring Wenger about it now?

Hope Eduardo makes a decent recovery

also, musn''t Walcott feel absolutely gutted!? the day he scores his first league goal, then follows it up with a second, everyone''s attention is focused elsewhere!

The whole thing is completlty overshadowed in my book, by the muppet Gallas, how bad was that and he is the captain. What had happened if the penalty had been saved and the ball rebounded back and there was no Gallas out to help. Then he decided to give the full back a bollocking and kick the boarding and sitting on the floor. Made me laugh, the cracks appearing in the Arsenal now me thinks.

Back to the point, no way did he mean it, but still a stupid and clumsy challenge, but he will bounce back, not too sure on Edy.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Eboue''s tackle on Terry had more malice about it, but Wenger didnt see that........

Which brings me on to this question......

What is the worst tackle you have ever seen?

Im going for Christian Dailly''s on Mullers. Disgraceful.

[/quote]

Kevin Muscat also did a number on Mulryne that wasn''t pleasant.  Worst tackle ever is Keanes on Haaland, pure venom in that one.  Tackle resulting in worst injury, Irwin (+ someone else) on David Busst.  The sight of Schmeichal puking behind the goal and the physios slopping blood away with buckets of water will always stick in my mind.

Eduardos is pretty horrific though, piece on sky sports saying amputation would have been realistic if the medical staff hadn''t responded so quickly.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"] "Some would say it is not even a yellow card."

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually Graham, even the commentators in the studio at half time said initially they didn''t think it warranted a yellow.  I have to agree at first sight and think the ref has reacted to the resulting injury rather than the challenge itself.

[/quote]

Regardless of whether Tiny deserved a red or yellow, I think that it was best that he left the field of play for his own good and welfare. He was clearly shocked and wouldn''t have been able to give a good account of himself after that tackle... the Arsenal players may have tried to have a go at him...the Arsenal fans definitely would have and who knows what else would have happened.  Mike Dean probably did the best thing for all concerned though I also suspect he acted upon the emotion and gravity of the outcome rather than any evidence of maliciousness or recklessness in the act itself.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"] "Some would say it is not even a yellow card."

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe but the referee (I would assume) had a better view of it and the tackles where studs are showing and so on are supposed to be straight reds, so I personally think the ref got it right regardless of any injury caused.

I have never ever seen Muscat''s tackle, can anyone find some footage of it on t''internet.. And also Christian Daillys? I remember being at that game but not the incident itself!

As for my list...

Worst Tackle - Roy Keane on Alf Inge Haaland - Pure Viscious and ended his career if im right

Worst Injury - Cisse''s second leg break, Busst''s leg break which he he neever recovered from or the Aston Villa player against the ex scummer Richard Wright

Or of course mine :D

Is that your leg bent backwards in your avatar.  Jesus, bet that smarted a bit.

Suffered a similar injury to my forearm, completely bent in half with protruding bone and everything.  Suprisingly felt very little pain (until 2 hours later when the adrenaline wore off!!), mum passed out at the site of it.  Anyway 4 metal plates and 28 screws later and I am absolutely fine.  I feel like a man with a bionic arm now.

has anyone noticed just how easily Eduardos Leg Broke? it seemed like the leg would of pinged anyway... and the extent of the damage too...

I think there might be a problem which this injury could of uncovered. Brittle bone? weak legs? not sure

jas :)

It was a total accident

This may seem a bit made up, but I was playing for me school out in Harlston, and their centre half got straight red for doing exactly what taylor did, just add intent. The vital difference was that my leg was off the ground- shattered shinpad, but that was all. I was lucky, Eduardo was not.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Is that your leg bent backwards in your avatar.  Jesus, bet that smarted a bit.

Suffered a similar injury to my forearm, completely bent in half with protruding bone and everything.  Suprisingly felt very little pain (until 2 hours later when the adrenaline wore off!!), mum passed out at the site of it.  Anyway 4 metal plates and 28 screws later and I am absolutely fine.  I feel like a man with a bionic arm now.

[/quote]

Yeh that would be my leg, did it nearly two years ago going in for a 50-50 ball and a bit like eduardo my studs got caught in the ground and the other guys leg went straight through mine!

I had fractured tibia and fibula, but thankfully it was not an open one, and 1 plate running the length of my tibia and 8 screws holding it in place and 8 months later I was back playing.. However still run with a slight limp that may never go away..

But yeh, anyone got footage on Muscat or Dailly?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

has anyone noticed just how easily Eduardos Leg Broke? it seemed like the leg would of pinged anyway... and the extent of the damage too...

I think there might be a problem which this injury could of uncovered. Brittle bone? weak legs? not sure

jas :)

[/quote]

Thankyou Dr Jas [:P] .

Worst tackle I''ve seen was Schumacher''s flattening of Patrick Battiston in the 1982 World Cup semi. Looked like attempted manslaughter to me. He should still be in prison.