Sign in to follow this  
Robsta

Coventry...

Does anyone know the best place to park at the Ricoh Arena? From memory you cant park at Tesco next doo cos they put tickets on!

you can park directly opposite the ground, but they charge you £10 - rip off

the best place if going early is to park by macro on the other the left side of stadium, instead of the right where tesco is - by macro on the road it is free and they have a car park which closed when i went (night match with barrier) not sure if thats open on saturday

NEXT PART STORY ABOUT PARKING IF CANT BOTHERED READ IT SKIM TO BOTTOM TO READ THE MORALE OF STORY AND A DONT DO IN COVENTRY

i recommend not parking on the dual carriageway, we parked there the other year with 1000s other cars, policemen went pass and didnt warn us (even local cov fans parked there) we parked there at 1pm for 3pm ko. at 3.10pm announcement saying move cars or get ticket, waited for 2nd announcement which came half time, went out before got car wolves fan said they nicked them all you might well go back

went back missed 15mins 2nd half, went back after game every car had ticket, everyone given verbals to this copper, and this youngster says how can you ticket everycar bar these three then? pointed at our car, me n old man thought bargain legged it to our car and did one. luckily we escaped it somehow out of 1000 cars three didnt get nicked

now after my life story - DONT PARK ON DUAL CARRIAGEWAY!!1

There is a Novotel just off the M6 that has a carpark that they use for footballs, its only £5 i think, i believe its the same junction our supposed to the leave the M6 at if your driving to the grounds door.

Thanx Dc, i know the Novotel, also done some research and there''s a church hall just down the road that 5 quid to park in too! trouble with church is that the walk to the ground takes u along a canal......ideal for throwing someone in hey!!!!!! Also been told not to park on the grass field opposite Novotel as if its wet u get stuck and no-one from car park will help you get out!!!!! See u at the Ricoh!!!!!

oh ps thanks for everyones help (except we8wba who just confused the issue...i asked where to park, not where not to park!!!)

I parked opposite the ground by a burger van last year was very good straight in straight out no fuss was only £5. had a wicked Day shame about the match!

Loads of parking as the ground will be half empty, park in a unit just off the motorway, immediately left off the slip road, or last year I drove up and parked in the ground car park, at 10 to 3 cos I was late, but it cost me £7, but cheaper than a ticket!

I live just down the road and when you leave the M6 at J3 then take the first left (the second left puts you on the A444 towards the  Ricoh).  There are lots of car parks for £5+ down there and there is walk through Rowley''s Green to the football ground. Also, it will be quicker to get away after the game as the A444 gets stacked up.