Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

We need a Carsley.

The other night I watched Everton v SK Brann.  And I noticed how much of an important player Lee Carsley is for Everton.  He is a big strong holding midfielder with an eye for a pass.  He gets in the way of people and he is like a brick wall.  He tackles really well and after he tackles he passess it and it never goess wrong.  He plays good through balls and plays good balls out to the wing.

And after watching City v Barnsley we clearly need a player like him.  Because a number of times Huckerby was in a great position and know one could pass it to him.  The players we do have in centre midfield dont come with the full package.  Russel - He can tackle but cant pass.  Fozzy - He does nothing atall.  Patty - Can tackle but cant pass.  Gibbs - Not seen him much but he dosnt do anything speacial.  Rossi - He is the best one for passing and tackling but not good enough for this league.

We need a player like Carsley and that could cost a bit of money so Delia and the Turners need to get there walets out.

The last person we had like Carsley was Safri and he would still be here if it wasnt for Grant. 

Fozzy does nothing at all???? Dear oh dear...another clueless comment. And you seriously think Jarvis is our best central midfielder?? Is this some sort of joke post?!

[quote user="Boyo"]

The last person we had like Carsley was Safri and he would still be here if it wasnt for Grant. 

[/quote]

FFS move on.

You''re right we need a player like him - but considering I doubt you would get much change out of £7M for a player like him in the current market I think we might have to set our sights a little lower dont you?

Im not saying sign Carsley Im saying we need to sign a player like Carsley. Duh.  Also yeh I do hate Hucks becasue he is lazy and I dont like his attitude, he is rude arrogrant and is a total big head.  And I havn''t put much posts on here but every one I do every is slating me.Why?? I have said nothing wrong and I am just giving my opinion (which you obviously dont like.).  Also I am not saying Rossi Jarvis is our best midfielder he is our best all round midfielder but isnt good enough for this league.

Also you lot on here dont like welcoming new comers like me and you try to  put us off so we never come back well Im not going to do that.

"Gibbs - Not seen him much but he dosnt do anything speacial."

Well if you haven''t seen him much....?

Time will tell, but Roeder and Wenger both rate him very highly, I think he''ll go on to do quite well in the game, despite those Norwich fans who are prepared to write him off after Leicester! If we were interested in Ronaldo, FFS, after their game vs Lyon against last week, the same people would be saying we mustn''t sign him, he was crap, anonymous etc!!

I agree with you that we need a Carsley-type player, but I can''t agree about Safri, he has been wholly mediocre at Southampton this season, and I don''t think he would have been a driving force here either. One player who we do miss is Damien Francis, at least the Francis that was in the team that got promoted, we never did adequately replace him.

Yeh we do miss Francis he was a great midfielder.  And you can say that about Safri but he was by far the best player we had and the only one who could pass a ball and if he was still here he would still be our best passer.  And the only reason you lot dont like safri is because you believe all these stories Grant made up.  If you kenw him a bit more you wouldnt believe that and you would be his number one fan.

[quote user="Boyo"]

The other night I watched Everton v SK Brann.  And I noticed how much of an important player Lee Carsley is for Everton.  He is a big strong holding midfielder with an eye for a pass.  He gets in the way of people and he is like a brick wall.  He tackles really well and after he tackles he passess it and it never goess wrong.  He plays good through balls and plays good balls out to the wing.

And after watching City v Barnsley we clearly need a player like him.  Because a number of times Huckerby was in a great position and know one could pass it to him.  The players we do have in centre midfield dont come with the full package.  Russel - He can tackle but cant pass.  Fozzy - He does nothing atall.  Patty - Can tackle but cant pass.  Gibbs - Not seen him much but he dosnt do anything speacial.  Rossi - He is the best one for passing and tackling but not good enough for this league.

We need a player like Carsley and that could cost a bit of money so Delia and the Turners need to get there walets out.

[/quote]Agree with all of this.Sunderland just transfer listed Liam Miller.  He''d be great.

[quote user="Duffman"]Gibbs - Not seen him much but he dosnt do anything speacial

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1170864/ShowPost.aspx

Make your mind up Boyo !!

[/quote]

Move over Wiz there is competition in town!

Seriously though Boyo, I think you took my post this morning the wrong way.  I agree a Carsley "type" player would be awesome, but the point I was trying to make is that to get that level of quality you have to spend far more dosh than we have got.  Quality like that costs and we cant afford to pay, simple as.     

Keep posting though mate - different points of view make the place more interesting.

If Norwich need a Carsley, there is one who play''s for Everton, Lee Carsley i believe he is called, quite a handy player.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Gibbs - Not seen him much but he dosnt do anything speacialhttp://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1170864/ShowPost.aspxMake your mind up Boyo !![/quote]

Move over Wiz there is competition in town!

Seriously though Boyo, I think you took my post this morning the wrong way.  I agree a Carsley "type" player would be awesome, but the point I was trying to make is that to get that level of quality you have to spend far more dosh than we have got.  Quality like that costs and we cant afford to pay, simple as.     

Keep posting though mate - different points of view make the place more interesting.

[/quote]You might be right about quality and cost, but to claim that Lee Carsley is worth £7m is ridiculous. Not even a Chelsea or Man Utd would pay £7m for a 34 year old centre midfielder. He cost Everton about £2m 5 years ago, they would be lucky to get £1m for him now. While we certainly couldn''t sign Carsley, it isn''t the money that is the stumbling block.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

One player who we do miss is Damien Francis, at least the Francis that was in the team that got promoted, we never did adequately replace him.

[/quote]

Spot on Old Shuck.

I guess Dickson Etuhu was supposed to be the replacement for Francis but for one reason or another that never really worked out. A Francis type player could play alongside Pattison, Fozzy or Russell and give us much more of a goal threat. Unfortunately goal scoring midfielders are extremely expensive so unless we pick up a gem from the lower leagues I don''t think we will ever replace Francis adequately.

[quote user="kirku"]

You might be right about quality and cost, but to claim that Lee Carsley is worth £7m is ridiculous.
[/quote]

Sorry, maybe I did not make myself clear.  A player like Carlsey (i.e. proven performer at Prem level on good form) would fetch that kind of money.  As you say Carsley himself would not fetch that due to age, but a guy in his prime playing to the same level surely would?

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="kirku"]You might be right about quality and cost, but to claim that Lee Carsley is worth £7m is ridiculous. [/quote]

Sorry, maybe I did not make myself clear.  A player like Carlsey (i.e. proven performer at Prem level on good form) would fetch that kind of money.  As you say Carsley himself would not fetch that due to age, but a guy in his prime playing to the same level surely would?

[/quote]Yes true. However I think the original poster meant a player like Carsley in terms of Championship football. Highlighting that Russell can tackle but isnt as careful in his passing and that Fotheringham is neither defensive nor especially attacking, but that a holding midfielder with combative qualities and an eye for a pass would make our team stronger. There can be no argument on this imho. For me the real question is priority, as you stated we don''t have huge amounts of cash, so is a centre midfielder a higher priority than a forward or a replacement winger for Hucks? imho the answer to that is no

[quote user="kirku"]

For me the real question is priority, as you stated we don''t have huge amounts of cash, so is a centre midfielder a higher priority than a forward or a replacement winger for Hucks? imho the answer to that is no

[/quote]

Cant fault your thinking there.