Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

How did you arrive at your username?

A collective number things manifested into the reason for mine...My name is John, the guy in my avatar is the Philosopher John Stuart Mill, my philosophy teacher at college first referred to me as "Big Bad John" when he was giving out nicknames to the pupils in class, and the name "Big Bad John" is kind of ironic as far as Mill (my avatar) is appropriate because of all the essays he wrote all indirectly concerned with the hope, and nature and composition of a fair utopian society. I also like Johnny Cash.

I read history at University and have had a lifelong interest interest in the Knights Templar (no, I''m not a freemason!).

When I joined the forum I thought I''d go for something enigmatic but Templar connected, so went for the name of their black and white checked battle flag.

Well, it seemed a good idea at the time!

Because it is my name - I have never forgiven my parents!

I decided to admit to it on this board about a year ago - we were just about to be relegated and I felt things couldn''t get much worse...........

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]When I used to go boxing they always called me butterbean for the way I would swing my big punches and also I could not last more than 4 rounds!![/quote]

But your picture looks like micheal waters from sheringham..............

A mate at work always calls people by their surnames. For some reason he thought my last name was Henry and it kinda stuck. Always wanted to have it on the back of my shirt ... but then he just had to go and stick a hand out [;)]

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]I''m sure this has been asked before, but I can''t remember the answers to this question. My name, JaundicedJockGeorgy was a "tribute" to George Burley after his somewhat "jaundiced" post match comments following a City v Southampton game. I may change it again at any point, but I am happy to leave it as it is for now. Anyway, what does your name mean?[/quote]

thought mine was simple enough,

My name is Pete and I support Norwich

Had the nickname "Sooty" (due to a similar surname) when I was a child in London. Moved to Norwich at the age of 9 in 1966 (dad came up with Lotus). I was determined not to tell anyone my nickname, but within a few weeks all my new schoolfriends were calling me Sooty, so I guess I just got stuck with it.

As the username "Sooty" is nearly always taken on forums. I just added my birth year on the end.

i remember when i was young and Norwich sat nicely on top of all the divisions .

Andy Townsend,Ian Crook, Andy Linighan, Butterworth,Fox Gordon .

i recalled saying to my mate ,..we should make a song singing "you cant knock a canary of its perch " ... it never happened or caught on .

looking back it was a bit crap ,but when i joined here i thought of a singing canary proudly on its perch and decided "singing canary".....

sounds crazy ..!! but true

John Morlar is the character played by Richard Burton in the film "The Medusa Touch". He''s the bloke that can kill people by the power of thought. There have been times over the last few years that certain people involved in the club and beyond have been the subject of my experiments of this method, sadly it doesn''t work, yet........!

[quote user="Daphne "]Because it is my name - I have never forgiven my parents! I decided to admit to it on this board about a year ago - we were just about to be relegated and I felt things couldn''t get much worse...........[/quote]Daphne was a real common name in the 40s and 50s so as long as you aren''t young  you are ok

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Daphne "]Because it is my name - I have never forgiven my parents! I decided to admit to it on this board about a year ago - we were just about to be relegated and I felt things couldn''t get much worse...........[/quote]Daphne was a real common name in the 40s and 50s so as long as you aren''t young  you are ok[/quote]

No worries there then because she is not!

The name is Tilson born on the tenth day of the tenth month and my car registration plate is TIL 1010.