Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

How did you arrive at your username?

Monty Python circa 1969. Played by Michael Palin, Ron was the dodgy manager of brainless boxer/athlete (Ken somebody-or-other) played by John Cleese.

I was at Hillsborough in May 1982 when we gained promotion in the final game of that season.  Lo and behold less than four months later I was at Uni there and have remained ever since, now tied to the City by a good job, wife, kids and mortgage.  I was trying to escape the evil clutches of the ever expanding Norwich Union.  What have they ever done for the club except sponsor the Community Stand - you would have expected much more funding for the club as the City''s major employer!  Then the b*st*rds opened up loads of call centres in Sheff too but at least that meant there was always a good contingent of canary fans at matches in Sheff.  Kind of glad I got the moniker first as there are plenty of us up here!

Quite simply, I was one of the privileged few to actually witness Dean Coney''s one and only goal for Norwich. Think he got 1 in 23 games, a record that looked to be beaten (if that''s the right way round) by Chris Brown, before Roeder pulled one out of the hat by selling him to, at the time, one of our relegation rivals.

Anyway, if memory serves me correctly, Coney''s goal came off his arse as a result of him charging down a Nigel Spink clearance against Villa.

And, I think (no doubt if I''m wrong someone will point it out), we paid more for Coney back in the days than we did for Brown!!!!!!!!!!

DCA, I sit about 10 feet away from you in the office and I suspect you looked in the mirror one morning and decided that your face had an uncanny resemblance to Dean Coney''s Arse!!! Only kidding!

My user name is far less impressive, taken from my late father''s christian name.

[quote user="Stan Ley"]DCA, I sit about 10 feet away from you in the office and I suspect you looked in the mirror one morning and decided that your face had an uncanny resemblance to Dean Coney''s Arse!!! Only kidding! My user name is far less impressive, taken from my late father''s christian name.[/quote]

About time you chucked some abuse at me on this forum.  Don''t forget you owe me a pint!!

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

Quite simply, I was one of the privileged few to actually witness Dean Coney''s one and only goal for Norwich. Think he got 1 in 23 games, a record that looked to be beaten (if that''s the right way round) by Chris Brown, before Roeder pulled one out of the hat by selling him to, at the time, one of our relegation rivals.

Anyway, if memory serves me correctly, Coney''s goal came off his arse as a result of him charging down a Nigel Spink clearance against Villa.

And, I think (no doubt if I''m wrong someone will point it out), we paid more for Coney back in the days than we did for Brown!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Yes, we did.  Easily more, I think.  £350k springs to mind which in those days was lots of money.

Coney did also score with his knee from about two yards out.  I think he scored 3 in total for Norwich?

mozzaman. named after my dog "maurice" or "mo-rees", who we have long imagined if he could talk, that''d be in broad narrfolk, as he was born and raised in long stratton.

like maurice, i lurk. fear me.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Mister Chops, that''s my name.

My name again - it''s Mister Chops.

[/quote]

oh right well... thanks for clearing that up for us [Y]

Mine came from a love of the ''Fab Four''!!!!!!!

Let''s hope the boys can notch a fab four for us this afternoon!!!! (How Corny!!!!)

Reckon Hucks will have a stormer!!!!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

[/quote]

Yes, we did.  Easily more, I think.  £350k springs to mind which in those days was lots of money.

Coney did also score with his knee from about two yards out.  I think he scored 3 in total for Norwich?

[/quote]

You got me thinking Mister Chops, so I had to check it out.  According to Wikipedia (which before anybody pipes up I know can be edited), Coney did only get one goal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Coney

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

if memory serves me correctly, Coney''s goal came off his arse as a result of him charging down a Nigel Spink clearance against Villa.

[/quote]

Your memory is good DCA - I too recall watching the ball trickle over the line that afternoon (and like you I believe it was a unique occasion for Coney to get on the scoresheet.  Ironic that us two observed the goal whilst the player himself was looking the other way.  He was without doubt for my money the worst player I have ever seen in a City shirt.

21 years ago, I moved to Ips**t because of work. I feel like a missionary sometimes, spreading the green and yellow word. When ever I go on holiday, I always say that I live 45 miles south of Norwich. Can''t admit to living  where I live. Why? When you have lived in ''The Fine City'', it''s in the blood. You can never support anyone else.

Fairly simple. Very old supporter. First game about October 1948 and yes we lost against Ipswich 5-1.

I enjoy directing traffic!

It is a tribute to the human traffic light that graced the Grapes Hill area every Sunday for years!

God bless him!

Mine is just a random silly name - about the 3rd or 4th alias I have employed. Actually, I was amazed to discover that it was me who started this topic - I once was an Unlucky Fried Kitten. I''d forgotten all about that silly name!

Mine is because I used to be a fat lad in my teens. I have lost a couple stone since then so it no longer makes much sense but it has stuck nonetheless.

[quote user="vos"]Fairly simple. Very old supporter. First game about October 1948 and yes we lost against Ipswich 5-1.[/quote]

Was that at Carrow Road ? What was the average home attendance in those days ? Interested to know.

Mine mainly because I couldnt think of anything good at the time,

Was always annoyed in high school how everyone was a man united or arsenal fan, a norwich fan the next minute when we won promotion the prem, then laughing their heads off at ''me'' when we got thumped by Fulham 6-0. Nowadays just tired of the armchair united fans etc (a few of my mates) who have never seen ''their'' team or proberby will ever see their team play on anything but TV, but would parade around when they won the CL or EPL or whatever while laughing at nothing norwich

landed on this as its meant to be a ''proud to be norwich'' kinda thing... no intention of supporting anyone else - ever.

Here''s an oldie, up dating.

I live in Swindon and am an exiled Norwich Fan. It''s the name I''ve used all over the internet since I first connected to it many years ago.

I wish I''d had something more original as any Norwich fan living around the Swindon area seems to grab the name, but on the good side if ya ''google'' it it''s nearly all me !

In case any wonders, I don''t have two accounts running concurrently on this site. Unlucky Fried Kitten was on my old account which somehow crashed one day and I was no longer able to use it. Hence I opened a new account.

nutty nigel was the name given to our former manager by my great friend Arrdee on this messageboard. This was in the days when I read the board but never posted. When I first posted it was under a different name for a few weeks, this has now been passed onto another poster who is far more suited to it.

I don''t ever see me changing from nutty nigel, even though some people refer to me as nutty off the board too [;)]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]In case any wonders, I don''t have two accounts running concurrently on this site. Unlucky Fried Kitten was on my old account which somehow crashed one day and I was no longer able to use it. Hence I opened a new account.[/quote]Thanks for clearing that up! [Y] I was going to respond to your last post accusing you of telling porkies, as all the evidence didn''t match up, but then decided that would be rude and didn''t...... [:D]I came to mine as things weren''t all that rosy at the time I joined up, so I felt like the canaries were like a bird who''s wings had been clipped, hence Clipped Canary! That makes it sound really crap....... [:D]