Sign in to follow this  
Potts

PAUL GALLACHER

According to BBC Sport Paul Gallagher has agreed terms with Norwich City, what do we all think?

Why do people keep fretting themselves about losing Greeno. If we do then we do nothing is going to change that. It may be that he feels at the end of next season that he wants to play for a bigger club with a chance of winning medals then if that is the case nothing is going to stop that. As long as we have somebody respectable to take his place then I wont lose any sleep over it. At the end of the day there is more to the team than Greeno and yes the more better he gets (incl England call ups) the more likely we are of losing him. There are bigger clubs than us that lose star players so the more we try and accept his more than likely departure the easier it will be.

Reports from the BBC that Gallacher might be joining us from Dundee United is here.........
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/3753607.stm
I dont know what to make of it, as he seems a pretty good keeper, and for the likes of me I cant see him playing second fiddle to Grenno all season...I guess we will have to just wait and see, but it seems a bit odd to me.
OTBC

I look at it this way. Greeno is going to play in the Prem from now on. If we stay up next season that might be with us for a while longer. If we come down he''ll leave. So to have a decent no.2 would be an excellent piece of business. Plus, odds are that Green will miss a game or games at some point next season, surely? (Although hopefully not!).

I''m hoping that Worthy builds a squad such that even if we come back down and lose the best few players, will still be stronger than the squad that has taken us up this year. i.e. avoid veteran players who''ll be off after a year, leaving us no better off!

Ama

With regards to Paul Gallacher and where will he fit in, there is nothing wrong with competition
for places. Keep Greeno on his toes and he will be even better next year. If we have competition all over the team we will not suffer from complacency.

I think this is a perfect signing (assuming it is now 100% likely). A good young player from a smaller league, which means his wages are smaller compared to some other established names doing the rounds a few weeks ago.
I wouldn''t worry too much that he is the current fill in Scotland keeper, it doesn''t mean Greeno is definitely going when his contract is up. We''ve simply signed a decent young keeper who can fill in for Greeno if and when necessary.

And as already mentioned, we now have three international keepers. So that''s one position we no longer have to worry about!!

This is absolutely the right thing to be doing.
We''ve been used to Greeno being an ever present - but in the Premiership where the stakes are higher injuries and loss of form are possible we need two decent keepers - minimum.

I hope Gallagher does come. He is obviously good and is still developing.

If I were him, I''d be optimistic about appearances, see above, and the trend in this thread that Greeno might, just might, be off in future says there may be a longer term possibility to be no 1.

For us - two young keepers of international standard, with young Joe in the wings, would be my idea of a dream team.

Now we''ve solved that issue, tick in the box, lets move onto defence options.........................

Will he be happy playing number two ? considering he is number one for scotland plus played every week for dundee