bloodwagon

CAN WE DO IT ?

OK here what we got left

HOME                                     AWAY

West Brom                             Watford

Stoke                                      Bristol

Hull                                        Ip******

Burnley

As you see we have to play 7 of the top 9 teams (10 with Cardiff, which we beat), But 4 of them at home, which gives us a chance to beat.

Cant see us doing it, but will be hoping we do. Looking at City, its going to be the hardest run in of all teams.

As we have so many teams to leapfrog, it is actually good that we''re playing these teams above us.  It turns them into "six pointers."  It makes it tough on us, but Hull, Burnley and Ipswich are absolutely must win games.

Yes we have more but there the ones ABOVE us angel, but yes there 6 pointers, but still hard games to win, but who knows, who would have thought we would be on the run we are 3 months ago?

after the Barnsley game I posted the following:

"Unlikely - in recent seasons the 6th placed side has needed around 73 to 75 points. We can only get a maximum of 88 so in the remaining games lets say we could afford to lose no more than 3 and draw another 2.  There are of course loads of combinations and anything is possible and we are tonight closer than we have been to 6th place (minus 10 points) since Roeder took over, but on balance and being realistic I think this season now looks more likely to end in mid table than anything else. "

............but todays was a BIG test, and now we''re only 4 points short of 6th, on our form its GOT to be do-able, we could win 10 of the last 15 and with a draw or 2 that might realistically be enough.

Does anyone know exactly what the situation is with all 7 loan players in the event that we make the playoffs?  If the loan spell ends before than, could it be extended, either now or at some later date?  

Simple answer is yes we can do it. We are 4 points off the playoffs and with the fixtures we have coming up could very easily be in 6th place byt the beginning of March. If so then after that every game is a cup final.

Re the loans I think that one of the Reading kids and possibly Bates both end on 28th April the rest are til the "end of the season." I am not sure what the "end of the season" constitutes but do recall in previous seasons where teams have had loan players they have had to sign them between the end of the regular season and the playoff finals in order to play them at Cardiff. i''m not sure if that because they were 3 month loans which expired or not.

The two we would really need to keep are Ched and Bertrand (the others would also be useful but not essential based on current form). Hope to see Gibbs get a go soon.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

we have well more games than that.

sheffield wednesday and united away to name a few....

[/quote]

Yes we do BUT as i said, there the teams above us, and yes I agree we still have to win against the teams below us to stand any chance of getting in the top 6