Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

WHAT WOULD WE DO?

Lets put all the iffin and buttin behind us and assume for one small minute that we go up. You all must be allowing yourselves a liitle thought about this in an unguarded minute. Norwich go up and a team made up in large part by loan players hits the Premier League. With Dion and probably Hucks going up there is not a lot left is there?

Would many of the young lads chose to stay? I suspect yes, but at quite a price for the likes of Ched, and would we be prepared to pay?  

A transfer kitty that Glen may have built up, and I do believe he has one albeit only about £2 or £3 million would be a drop in the ocean compared to what we would need to spend to have any real chance to stay up. To give ourselves a real chance we would probably need to spend about £25 to £30 million when you consider how few quality players we actually own.

Would we find the money or would we end up being more embarrased than Derby?

How would the celebration outside City Hall actually feel when we know that we only have half a team?

Great day today and I love it, but there is a big grey cloud isn`t there!

You build a team. You spend money where needed. Remember players want to play in the premiership full stop. You don''t always need to break the bank to get them. That the beauty of a Bosman when your in the top flight. Wages will be the biggest problem. As it always is a Norwich.

Whether we did a Derby or not, you always want to play at the highest level.

We have a very good manager an intelligent manager and a manager with experience of the premiership. We trust him to find the gem’s rather that the washed up foreign has beens.

And you hold on for a fast ride. I know that losing every week is a crap feeling but that’s something that we have to risk. Cos beating Man Utd feels a hell of a lot better than a 1-0 win over Hull.

Now that the revenue for being in the prem has gone up to 55-60 million for each team guaranteed i would be hugely disappointed if Glenn wasnt given a minimum of 20 million to keep us up.

I think we would immediately re-sign Simon Charlton - and play Doherty up front again if we got promotion......

Then we''d just enjoy the experience and show that ''ickle Naarich iz hin thar top floight agern!''

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I think we would immediately re-sign Simon Charlton - and play Doherty up front again if we got promotion......

Then we''d just enjoy the experience and show that ''ickle Naarich iz hin thar top floight agern!''

[/quote]

Simon Charlton would be easy to find, he`s working at the accadamy, Bently, Ashton, Crouch, get them all back, Helveg,Johnson,mmmmmmmmmmm?  

It''s the Big Question alright. I posted on here that promotion last time completely wrong-footed the board. I''m just hoping that if, by a miracle, it should happen this year, they will have learnt by their mistakes & have a better plan - or at least a plan.

Actually , when you consider that survival was still achievable on the last day of the season, then this time the chances of staying up must be better; I said before there were only 3 or 4 Premiership players in the squad (including Ashton), I rate Roeder much higher than Worthy & I am sure he could attract a far higher calibre of player, even with the same budget.. How much was spent on players last time? Very little apart from Ashton''s transfer I think. What a challenge it would be for Glenn - pull it off & his standing would reach Clough-like proportions. A huge incentive.

It''s nice to dream.

Going up would be fantastic, but I would expect us to come back down straight away. The difference this time would be that Roeder would get the right players in to ensure our eventual promotion and our stay in the Premiership.

Thats what I hope would happpen anyway!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I think we would immediately re-sign Simon Charlton

[/quote]

Yes.  Bring back the Norfolk Makalele!

In all seriousness - Ched Evans won''t sign for City as I believe he has a long term career at Manchester City.  We could keep some loan players but would have to buy in some quality in the close season, probably Championship players at inflated prices.  I would hope Roeder would use the loans game as shrewdly as he appears to have done this season and brings in players with good attitudes and something to prove.  The last thing I want to see is undercommitted journeymen barely breaking a sweat in the City colours.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Going up would be fantastic, but I would expect us to come back down straight away. The difference this time would be that Roeder would get the right players in to ensure our eventual promotion and our stay in the Premiership.

Thats what I hope would happpen anyway!

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more.  Going up will create additional revenue, but look at Derby.  9 points from 26 games and hammered by a crap championship side in the FA Cup.  Will come straight back down and looking at the players they have, will be an average Championship side.

Roeder is doing a splendid job.  I agree that in the summer, Roeder should be looking at players who will help us gain automatic promotion and are good enough to survive in the Premier League.  It''s up to the Board to back him though!!

Yeah, I agree.

Hypothetically, if we did go up (and it is only a hypothetical....don''t want to mock anything) we would clearly struggle to win a single game without some shrewed purchases, and major investment.

How many players of our current squad would you consider to be Premiership material? We would have to take out 7 current loans, Dion and most probably Hucks, I''d doubt that any of the squad left would be able to cut it in the top flight, with the exception of maybe Marshell.

Thoughts?

Well I think re-building is going to happen in the summer anyway. If we do get promoted we''d just have to buy better players than we would normally.

[quote user="Norfolk Chance"]

Yeah, I agree.

Hypothetically, if we did go up (and it is only a hypothetical....don''t want to mock anything) we would clearly struggle to win a single game without some shrewed purchases, and major investment.

How many players of our current squad would you consider to be Premiership material? We would have to take out 7 current loans, Dion and most probably Hucks, I''d doubt that any of the squad left would be able to cut it in the top flight, with the exception of maybe Marshell.

Thoughts?

[/quote]

I dont think many of the players left after Hucks and Dion have gone, and assuming all the loanees go back could cut it in the Prem. Crofty, Fozzy, Marshall would be definite yes for me, Doc, Drury possibly, John O at a push,cant see  much else I`m afraid.

The question I asked is what would we do? Would the Turner`s realise a good investment oppertunity and dig deep into their pockets, or would we be left trawling foreign leagues and trying to get more loanees?