Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

This is one of those very special times. Enjoy.

As a 50 year veteran take it from the likes of us that times like this are very, very special and come along rarely.

Enjoy the ride to the maximum. Who knows the drama to unfold?

Last moment qualification for the play-offs?

Gallant failure?

As Ched said the guys are bonding well. Nice mix in the team. Class back-ups. Excellent management team. Capacity crowds. Momentum building...............Joy?........Tears........Who knows.

Enjoy folks, enjoy!

OTBC

They say you never win anything in football with kids.

Well, maybe with the help of ''our'' kids we''ll break that mold this year? After all, they say that ''records'' are there to be broken.

There really is a very fascinating mix in the squad that Glenn has buit in just over a seemingly very short few months. Basically, the journeymen and ''not quite good enoughs'' have been replaced by top class kids.

Glenn''s Babes & Old Salts????[:)]

OTBC

It''s great to read posts like this from you Bly. 

Anyone else got that funny feeling in their belly when you hear us being talked about? :)

To be fair, we reached play off finals in 2002 and were promoted to the premiership in 2004. So it hasn''t been that rare for us, a lot of clubs wait a lifetime for those sort of moments!!

Or have we forgotten those moments, due to the unmentionable combination of Worthington (who got lucky) and Delia?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, maybe with the help of ''our'' kids we''ll break that mold this year? After all, they say that ''records'' are there to be broken.

There really is a very fascinating mix in the squad that Glenn has buit in just over a seemingly very short few months. Basically, the journeymen and ''not quite good enoughs'' have been replaced by top class kids.

OTBC

[/quote]By they I assume you mean Alan Hansen, Once.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]It''s great to read posts like this from you Bly. 

Anyone else got that funny feeling in their belly when you hear us being talked about? :)[/quote]

All I can say, Its great to read  posts like this from you "Babes" Its great to read posts  like this from you "Babes" Its great to read posts like this from you "Babes" uummm........how the mighty have fallen ...uummm, [;)] arrdee

[quote user="Mook"]

To be fair, we reached play off finals in 2002 and were promoted to the premiership in 2004. So it hasn''t been that rare for us, a lot of clubs wait a lifetime for those sort of moments!!

Or have we forgotten those moments, due to the unmentionable combination of Worthington (who got lucky) and Delia?

[/quote]

I am very, very, very tempted - but I won''t.

Why? Because this is a happy time and a happy thread. 

And we should - as I said before - just enjoy the ride.

OTBC

Another cliché for us all, footbal is a funny old game. You look back 3 months and it was all doom and gloom, relegation etc, now, well, some people are saying play-offs. I''m still not sure, but hey, I''m more than happy.

People are still miffed off with the board etc, that won''t change untill chang happens but people are just happy on here.

I do worry slightly, my fear is that if we don''t get to the play-offs, people will have massive expectations on next season and we all know how heavy expectations cock up real life. What do you reckon Bly? Are we going to suffer that next season or am I being slighty OTT?

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]By they I assume you mean Alan Hansen, Once.[/quote]

Hairs split, Rages.

A poem by Declan Houton

Owed to Alan Hansen (You''ll Never Win Anything With Kids)

You''ll never catch Newcastle, they''re the best team in the land.
Maybe Liverpool will push them, but it''s really in their hands.
You''ve sold your best three players, your defence is on the skids,
I''ve said it all along you don''t win anything with kids.

Eric was suspended, Andy Cole was shooting blanks,
The men who bet against you had their money in the banks.
12 points back and you were fighting for that Euro place,
I''ve said it all along, those kids will not last the pace.

With injuries to your back four, you had to take a chance,
But even William Prunier could not help you advance.
Where was the Saviour Chequebook of the Kevin''s and the Roy''s,
I''ve said it all along you don''t win anything with boys.

You won some games but surely ''luck'' like this can''t be sustained.
The others started dropping points, the race would be maintained.
Liverpool then fell away, too much for them to do,
Let me remind you once again, your kids won''t see it through.

The last few weeks would hold the key both on and off the field.
For it was in both places, that truths would be revealed.
Who would crack with the strain and who would rise above it,
Who can forget when Kevin said "I''ll love it if we beat them, love it!"

So who would do it on the pitch, who''d get the vital goal?
Daveed? Tino? Ferdinand? No, May and Andy Cole.
Two much maligned players whose careers had been in trouble,
Found the net and found themselves half way to the Double.

The ''experts'' in the BBC, decided 3 to 1.
The cup was there for Liverpool, just waiting to be won.
But no-one thought to tell the kids or Eric it was set.
A dreadful game, a brilliant spark, the Frenchman found the net.

They think that it''s all over but it''s only just begun.
The kids are here to dominate for years and years to come.
The next step now is Europe where each kid becomes a man,
But don''t concern yourselves with that, just catch them if you can.

Fergie sold Mark Hughes, Paul Ince and Andrei Kanchelskis.  Alan Hansen doubted United''s ability to win with kids, both at the start of the season and on the morning of the Cup Final.  This was written the day after the 1996 FA Cup Final.

OTBC

[quote user="biggleyellow"]

Another cliché for us all, footbal is a funny old game. You look back 3 months and it was all doom and gloom, relegation etc, now, well, some people are saying play-offs. I''m still not sure, but hey, I''m more than happy.

People are still miffed off with the board etc, that won''t change untill chang happens but people are just happy on here.

I do worry slightly, my fear is that if we don''t get to the play-offs, people will have massive expectations on next season and we all know how heavy expectations cock up real life. What do you reckon Bly? Are we going to suffer that next season or am I being slighty OTT?

[/quote]

your right but if we don''t make the play offs this year. I would fully expect roeder to build  a good side for next season. I''m sure that when he took over that was his plan, the play offs are just that little (huge) bonus this year. But you are right expectation brings with it a hell of alot of pressure.

lets just enjoy it at the moment, we''ve had nothing else to cheer about for the last 4 seasons. And then if we don''t make the play offs, gutting it will be, we can just remind ourselfs of where we were when roeder took over. Win win situation!

This is very much a shot in a dark regarding a young striker to play alongside Ched for the rest of the season - it also goes with the ''you never win anything with kids etc''.

At under 21 level Ched plays alongside an 18 year old from Bournemouth, Sam Vokes, over 6 foot and nearly 14 stone.  This is his first full season and he''s on 8 league goals which is not bad for his age/experience.  Under 21, not as prolific as Ched, but he has scored 4 goals against, amongst others, Sweden and Bosnia.  

Crewe failed with a 200K bid in the transfer window, but with Bournemouth going into administration and being deducted 10 points, would think worth a gamble.  The joy is with him being Welsh qualified, he''d cost peanuts compared to an English boy of similar potential.  Know it''s outside the window but there''s always ways and means with loans now, buy later.

Vokes definately has potential, young lad but still has a lot to learn I think. Not too sure if a move up a division would be too much at the moment for him. Course the other problem for me is that he is the best player Bournemouth got and if we got him my other half  whose a Bournemouth fan probably would be a bit upset. N i dont like frosty silences