Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

Evans booked for unsporting behaviour

I''m so sick of this. The kid celebrates an amazing goal and gets books. With all the things wrong with the game when are they going to get real and stop trying spoil entertainment.Sit down. Dont look at the oppo fans when you''re singing, no alcohol with sight of the pitch, cant celebrate a 35 yard winning goal.FFS.Well done City. Each win seems more incredible than the last......... Long may it last

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]I''m so sick of this. The kid celebrates an amazing goal and gets books. With all the things wrong with the game when are they going to get real and stop trying spoil entertainment.Sit down. Dont look at the oppo fans when you''re singing, no alcohol with sight of the pitch, cant celebrate a 35 yard winning goal.FFS.Well done City. Each win seems more incredible than the last......... Long may it last[/quote]Well said! its absolutley pathetic, the ruling is there actually to make sure that Footballers can''t take their shirts off to reveal offensive material on a T-shirt.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]I''m so sick of this. The kid celebrates an amazing goal and gets books. With all the things wrong with the game when are they going to get real and stop trying spoil entertainment.

Sit down. Dont look at the oppo fans when you''re singing, no alcohol with sight of the pitch, cant celebrate a 35 yard winning goal.

FFS.

Well done City. Each win seems more incredible than the last......... Long may it last
[/quote]

Well said! its absolutley pathetic, the ruling is there actually to make sure that Footballers can''t take their shirts off to reveal offensive material on a T-shirt.
[/quote]

I think its a corporate money thing again. The sponsorships on the front of football shirts get their best exposure when the TV cameras get a close up of the scoring player. If he takes his shirt off they don''t get that oh-so vital advertising. So they book the player for not endorsing the brand basically.

I thought I had read that they had changed the ruling on this. Must have dreamed it. Or its another ruling that the refs ignore like the 6 second limit on the ''keeper holding the ball.

Yeah it''s pathetic.

What was quite amusing though is that Fozzy was taking his off too, and Mo Camera was behind him pulling his shirt back down so that he didn''t get booked.

[quote user="Eam"]I thought I had read that they had changed the ruling on this. Must have dreamed it. Or its another ruling that the refs ignore like the 6 second limit on the ''keeper holding the ball.[/quote]Nope, Im learning about this at Referee courses run by the FA. Our "tutor" doesnt agree with them either, but he did say that it was because of brands and advertising. TBH it''s a disgrace, I know the referees dont like it but they have to do their job if they dont want to be sacked.

A similar thing that annoys me about goal celebrations is when players are stopped from celebrating with fans.

I understand the safety issue but let them enjoy the moment. 

[quote user="All in Yellow"]

Yeah it''s pathetic.

What was quite amusing though is that Fozzy was taking his off too, and Mo Camera was behind him pulling his shirt back down so that he didn''t get booked.

[/quote]Isn''t shirt pulling also a bookable offense?

s a ref i agree its stupid to book someone for a celebration BUT all players are told at the beginning of the season what are bookable and sending off offences so to blame the refs is totally unfair, the fifa gurus set the laws of the game.

Played in a game the other day and their keeper held the ball for about 10 seconds. We complained and the ref said ''although its a rule, it is hardly ever enforced to I wont enforce it either''

So does that mean u can get 1-0 up then give the ball to your keeper for the rest of the game????

[quote user="Panic Over"]

A similar thing that annoys me about goal celebrations is when players are stopped from celebrating with fans.

I understand the safety issue but let them enjoy the moment. 

[/quote]Safety Issue...   what a load of twaddle....  How pathetic has this country become...