Sign in to follow this  
YellowIce

Run in - Too many points

I am one to be optimistic . . . however (whilst not working) i have been looking at our run in.

Being generous. I believe 71 points for play-offs

Hull (H)               D1

Leicester (A)       W3

Barnsly (H)          W3

Blackpool (H)      W3

Watford (A)         L0

Coventry (A)        D1

Stoke (H)             D1

Sheff UTD (A)     W3

Colchester (H)      W3

Bristol City (A)      L0

Burnley (H)           W3

Ipsh*t (A)              D1

WBA (H)               L3

QPR (H)                D1

Wednesday (A)      D1

Total: 27 + (41) = 68 Points

Couple of small things there, you appear to have given us 3 points for losing to WBA.  And you also seem to think that we''ll only draw against the binners.  If those results were to give us 68 points though, I''d be confident of wins against QPR and Wednesday, so maybe, just maybe we''ll scrape in.

Nice work YellowIce, except you''ve miss-calculated. I doubt we would get 3 points for loosing at West Brom.

Would leave us on 65.

Personally, I think the cutoff for the playoffs will be less than 71 this year, due to the fact that the table is so tight from 6 down to 16. Not to say that we will qualify, but I live in hope.

I agree with most of that, but if we beat Hull, which I think we will, then that would mean 70 points. I reckon we could get wins away to Coventry and Sheffield Wednesday aswell seeing as they''re struggling! Would be tough though as they will be fighting for their lives, but 74 points if we managed it. Wishfull thinking perhaps, but who knows :)

Hull (H)               W3

Leicester (A)       D1

Barnsly (H)          W3

Blackpool (H)      W3

Watford (A)         L0

Coventry (A)        D1

Stoke (H)             D1

Sheff UTD (A)     L0

Colchester (H)      W3

Bristol City (A)      L0

Burnley (H)           W3

Ipsh*t (A)              D1

WBA (H)               W3

QPR (H)                W3

Wednesday (A)      D1

that is 41 points plus 26 giving us a total of 67 points which with such a tight league means we should sneak in

Oops. good spot. But as you can see it is very tough. And what with only one spot up for grabs unless a higher team drop away. We could be in for some dissapointment.

Although id ****ing love it if we made it.

Hull (H)               W3

Leicester (A)       W3

Barnsly (H)          W3

Blackpool (H)      W3

Watford (A)         L0

Coventry (A)        W3

Stoke (H)             D1

Sheff UTD (A)     W3

Colchester (H)      W3

Bristol City (A)     L0

Burnley (H)           W3

Ipsh*t (A)              L0

WBA (H)               D1

QPR (H)                W3

Wednesday (A)      W3

Applying some logic to the results, rather than gut feeling. The top 5 seem a slight cut above the rest (Watford, WBA, Bristol City, Stoke, Charlton).We have to play 4 of these teams - 2 at home, 2 away. If away I''ve put a defeat, if at home a draw. Ipswich have best home record, so logically (don''t shoot me) have put defeat. This would give us 32 more points = total of 73. W10, D2, L3. Not much room for error, will need to convert draws to wins more than have been, but on paper we should scrape it. The pressure will be on the strikers and the need to stay clear of injuries. The next 4 games will decide if the play-offs are a realistic dream or not.

I did the whole season and managed 5th place, only predicted 2 defeats.

Worked out we would play Charlton in the playoffs!!!

Glen''s aim is to end the season above Town. However, I have a feeling that his target isn''t going to be to get in the playoffs. I''m delighted!!!

We only have to make 4 points up, it''s not about how many we need it''s about getting more than the other teams. We were 6 points behind burnley with 7 games to go and we got in the play-offs. It can be acheived.

nah i reckonhull W3Lecister D1barnsley W3Blackpool W3watford L0coventry W3Stoke W3Sheff utd D1cholchester W3Bristol D1burnly W3scum W3WBA D1QPR W3wednesday W3leaving us with 72 pionts i think

to be fair we''re only 4 points off the play offs and if we were to just keep focused on reaching 6th place for the rest of the season rather than a set points tally i.e 71 points, we willbe ok. basically what im saying is take it game by game