Sign in to follow this  
sydneysider

Playoff reality check

Glenn ''s next target is to end the season above a team which plays in blue and white. I don''t think he''s aiming for us to end the seaon in the playoffs

I think he concentrates on a game at a time and doesnt want to look too far ahead and mention the P word.

He mentions the Ipswich target to make us happy (clever man)

If season ended now........And we were above Ippy........That would do for me.wouldnt it you?.............Seeing where they are..........

"

Glenn ''s next target is to end the season above a team which plays in blue and white."More nonsense. His actual words were -" “I''m desperate to win every game but there''s a couple that will mean a

little bit more to me. A goal to finish above Ipswich would be one for

me. I''m sure our supporters would endorse that goal."So where did he say anything about "next target" ?

It isn''t Roeders opinion that matters here anway, its the opinion of the players and whether or not they believe they can make the playoffs. And from judging what is happening on the grass and what I have been hearing from the players, belief isnt a problem.

he is obviously aiming to do the best we can do. hes hardly just gonna say ''lets not make the playoffs''. it will be because he doesnt think we will make it this year not because he isn''t aiming for it ...

[quote user="sydneysider"]Glenn ''s next target is to end the season above a team which plays in blue and white. I don''t think he''s aiming for us to end the seaon in the playoffs[/quote]Well, no, because if we finish above WBA we''ll probably be promoted automatically....

Hi Ralph,

I wasn''t quoting Glenn''s exact words, its just that most on here don''t like the word ''ipswich''.

Hi luckygreentrousers

I agree with you.

The leaders this season have been woeful, the best teams who are promoted average 2 ponts a game. The leaders are averaging about around 1.8 points a game and we''ve yet to play some from the top 6. I still believe............

" Glenn ''s next target is to end the season above a team which plays in

blue and white. I don''t think he''s aiming for us to end the seaon in

the playoffs "I''m not too sure if you actually read my reply, sydney.I would imagine Roeder is sensible enough not to set hinself up to seen as a failure if we do not reach the play offs. However to the suggestion that he is not "aiming for us to end the seaon in

the playoffs" is ridiculous.He will be busting a gut to get us as high as possible. It would be foolish to believe that there is not some monetary gain, as well as the kudos accompanying, getting us into the playoffs. To have come this far then simply take the foot off the pedal to ''rebuild'' would be ludicrous.Don''t mistake probability with intent.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="sydneysider"]Glenn ''s next target is to end the season above a team which plays in blue and white. I don''t think he''s aiming for us to end the seaon in the playoffs[/quote]Well, no, because if we finish above WBA we''ll probably be promoted automatically....
[/quote]

you havnt got above the terrible big bad wolves yet (prob weekend though)

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Glenn ''s next target is to end the season above a team which plays in blue and white. I don''t think he''s aiming for us to end the seaon in the playoffs "

I''m not too sure if you actually read my reply, sydney.

I would imagine Roeder is sensible enough not to set hinself up to seen as a failure if we do not reach the play offs. However to the suggestion that he is not "aiming for us to end the seaon in the playoffs" is ridiculous.

He will be busting a gut to get us as high as possible. It would be foolish to believe that there is not some monetary gain, as well as the kudos accompanying, getting us into the playoffs. To have come this far then simply take the foot off the pedal to ''rebuild'' would be ludicrous.

Don''t mistake probability with intent.
[/quote]

I''m not to sure if you actually read Glen''s comments, Ralph. For your benefit:

"A goal to finish above Ipswich would be one for me"

“There''s one game in particular that we play at home that I''m absolutely desperate to win. I''ll play myself that night if I have to.”
“I say to the lads ''You''ve all got to have different reasons and different goals because different things turn you on''.

So he specifically says that he has two goals (targets?)

And what did he say about getting into play-off/promotion/higher up the division, etc?

“Let other people''s thoughts turn to other things that might happen this year."

Don''t mistake your opinion with fact.

Yellow hammer, you''ve just beaten me to it, you''re correct that''s the jist of what I was saying. However, if we beat ips and with the top 6 not being particularly strong, the good news is that I personally feel if we end up above ips, beat Stoke and others in the Top 6 we could end up not in the ''playoffs''. So many top 6 teams have to play each other taking points away from each other - hopefully drawing while we......... I hope people read between the lines.......................

His comments this morning would firmly suggest he wants a play off place and is aiming for it.  Why settle for less in the current climate?

[quote user="sydneysider"]Glenn ''s next target is to end the season above a team which plays in blue and white. I don''t think he''s aiming for us to end the seaon in the playoffs[/quote]

we have nothing to fear of the playoffs.. Except maybe Stoke... Tell you what u want an outside bet for the title.. they might just be it...

jas :)

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ole roedy''s a clever cookie - publically stating a popular goal that looks realistic, while privately of course he''s going for promotion - which is tough, but if this run continues then we have every chance.

[/quote]

Agreed, he`s a very clever old boy, he has a good football brain and can also work the media and the fans. All qualities needed in a top manager.

The day i found £20 outside carrow rd..........I put it on them going up at 80-1 at the time...............You wont get odds like that now.....An omen i tell you......hehehehe