Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Delia For Double Duty

The early indications suggest a great reception for Delia''s new book with input such as:

Due to be published on Friday, it is already number two on the bestseller list of Amazon, the online retailer.

Antony Worrall Thompson, a fellow celebrity chef, said: "I guess Delia will be as popular as ever. She has this amazing power, and good luck to her."

"Nigella has got the top end of the market but Delia is very much Middle Britain and has an affinity with the public. She''s the goddess of TV cooks. If she was up for election, I''m sure she''d be prime minister."

I think she should run next time around. If she ran for Labour and, if the laws allowed her to retain her present role on the Norwich Board, she could institute a whole new series of subsidies for our club at taxpayers expense. Do others agree?

Not sure about Delia for government Yankee but did find her interview( taken from a national newspaper today) in the EEN quite interesting.

She talks about how they couldn''t have children and how she''d be lost without her football club and how it gives her a purpose and that she''d be lonely without it.

She tells how shes often abused by fans but then tells how this has been beneficial to her. '''' If you go into football you have to be prepared for people to hate you and that when things go badly you have to take it personally'''' She goes on to say she sat with the fans back in Nov and a person next to her told her that we''re in the bottom 3 and could be relegated  and asked her ''''what are you doing about it''''

I''ve always sat on the fence with the Delia issues/threads but no-one can doubt how much she loves this club and how much it means to her..

[quote user="cityangel"]

She goes on to say she sat with the fans back in Nov and a person next to her told her that we''re in the bottom 3 and could be relegated  and asked her ''''what are you doing about it''''

[/quote]

It''s a fair question to ask her.  Does she reveal what her reply was?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Not sure about Delia for government Yankee but did find her interview( taken from a national newspaper today) in the EEN quite interesting.

She talks about how they couldn''t have children and how she''d be lost without her football club and how it gives her a purpose and that she''d be lonely without it.

She tells how shes often abused by fans but then tells how this has been beneficial to her. '''' If you go into football you have to be prepared for people to hate you and that when things go badly you have to take it personally'''' She goes on to say she sat with the fans back in Nov and a person next to her told her that we''re in the bottom 3 and could be relegated  and asked her ''''what are you doing about it''''

I''ve always sat on the fence with the Delia issues/threads but no-one can doubt how much she loves this club and how much it means to her..

[/quote]

Goodness me angel, this is providing quite an opening to Mr. Carrow, Fat Prophet & Co. Did Delia give an answer to the fan?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Did Delia give an answer to the fan?

[/quote]Yeah she said watch these M***** F****** go.......Hardly the point of the thread was it?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Goodness me angel, this is providing quite an opening to Mr. Carrow, Fat Prophet & Co. Did Delia give an answer to the fan?

[/quote]

She didn''t reveal her answer or the EEN didn''t print it [:D] Will try and find the full interview in whichever national newspaper it was in.

When I first glanced at this post, for some reason I thought the last word of the title was ''Entry'' don''t know why.

I''m off to be violently sick.

Be interesting to find out how much lower sales of her book are in the Ipswich area or whether they put the partisanship aside when it comes to eating.....

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Be interesting to find out how much lower sales of her book are in the Ipswich area or whether they put the partisanship aside when it comes to eating.....[/quote]Well, I''ve stopped using Evans for my Kalashnikovs since he took them over....

[quote user="cityangel"]

She talks about how they couldn''t have children and how she''d be lost without her football club and how it gives her a purpose and that she''d be lonely without it.....

.....I''ve always sat on the fence with the Delia issues/threads but no-one can doubt how much she loves this club and how much it means to her..

[/quote]

Very interesting. It also suggests that she would be very reluctant to step aside and lose ''her club'' if another investor were to come along. I don''t mean that to be an attack on Delia, however there are numerous examples of club''s whose owners have hung on for dear life at the helm (Doug Ellis) when it was arguably not in the club''s best interests for them to do so.

Hypothetically, if Peter Callum or another serious investor made a bid for the club and was prepared to spend large amounts to take the club forward, would Delia accept knowing it would leave her "lonely and without a purpose"?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Be interesting to find out how much lower sales of her book are in the Ipswich area or whether they put the partisanship aside when it comes to eating.....[/quote]

Can they read in Suffolk? Do they have kitchens?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Norwich City is her child...................and you never sell your child do you?.[:|][/quote]

Nope, but you can the pocket money up!