Sign in to follow this  
spud down the road

Away season tickets

I have my away season ticket and they have sold out so there will be the same thousand LOYAL supporters at every game.

follow follow follow
follow the boys in yellow
we''ll be playing man u
when the scum are at crewe
and its off to europe we go!

Excuse me Williams, what LOYAL 1000 supporters are u reffering to? I tried and failed to buy an away season ticket but was too late due to the 1000 limit. I attended 15 away games this year but was still unable to get one. Am I not a loyal fan?!!
Also at the beginning of last season when Norwich were not playing great u will find only 100 people had away season tickets so to talk about the SAME THOUSAND LOYAL supporters is a bit wrong. I will be struggling to get a ticket next season and like I told the club I think u''ll find most of those so called LOYAL fans which have bought an away season ticket purely to visit the big grounds will disapear if we have a poor season and back in mid table div 1!

I''ve got mine and my missus!! thats 2 more!!

Potts, I think Williams is implying that those with the away tickets are loyal, not necessarily meaning those without one aren''t loyal!!

I''ll admit that I didn''t have an away season ticket last year, but you didn''t need one last year as it was possible, apart from a few games at the end, to ring up and get an away ticket as you wished!! I usually go to 10-15 away games a year (I''m a student so can''t afford all) and I knew I''d be struggling to get that many so I got the season ticket!! Thats why people like me have got an away season ticket this year and not last!!

Sounds like you didn''t have one last year either, yet tried to get one this year. sorry to write all this but wanted to make a point that there''s no need to knock other loyal fans!!

We got ours merely to guarantee a seat and cut out the hassle of all the stubs nonsense as there are less away tickets available at Premiership grounds. Every home game and 10-15 away game makes me loyal enough...

Excuse me if this is an ignorant question but away season tickets you dont pay for your maych ticket as well do you? Do you just show your card at the grounds and walk in?

Away season tickets are different to home ones in that you don''t get a card.

It costs a one-off payment of £20 then a few days before each away game the club sends you the match ticket and takes the amount of the match ticket out of your bank account.

A lot of people were put off because they thought you had to pay for all the away games upfront in one payment.

Sounds like I''ll have mine waiting for me at home - good good.

Just to continue this thread - loyalty has been rewarded to an extent because the 100 fans who participated in the scheme last year were automatically allocated season tickets for the coming season.

I feel sorry for those who could not get tickets but it is a mighty effort to get to all the away games with the added time and cost of travelling. As such, those "johnny come latelys" or whatever you call them will get caught out by "five strikes and you''re out" whereby if you miss 5 games you are removed from the scheme. Once we have been to Old Trafford and/or Highbury the numbers on the scheme will fall away leaving places for the more dedicated fans to go to the less desirable places. Perhaps Peter knows if there is a waiting list similar to the regular season ticket system.

Well I know the list was over-subscribed and if the club had any commercial sense it would keep a list of those eager to take over from those defaulting. However, such is the demand for tickets that I can''t see anyone defaulting. If they can''t go to games they can easily sell them on (FOR FACE VALUE) to stay in the scheme...

Funny u should mention this, when i spoke to the club concerning an away season ticket I asked to be placed on a waitinig list but was told there isn''t and won''t be one. This makes no sense to me as without asking each week how are we to know if one or two people have defaulted? Maybe I was a bit harsh on Williams but am extremely frustrated at not being able to get an away season ticket and as i told the club I think its terrible that someone who has never attended a game before should get one ahead of us loyal fans.

I narrowly missed out on an away season ticket, which was very disappointing. But I''m still hopeful on getting to most of the away games as several mates have normal season tickets and have priority on buying extra seats.

Although reading the above posts I would like to ask the question; what''s wrong with Johnny Come Lately supporters? We all know success brings extra supporters, so why begrudge them?
I was standing in the Barclay towards the end of last season and after the game one moron pointed towards the new South Stand and said ''That''s probably the first game they''ve ever seen, bunch of ****ers!''
This really confused me, why was this guy so against fellow Norwich supporters? With an attitude like that Norwich would never have become such a widely supported club. New supporters have to join at some time, why not after or during a successful season?
Although I agree that loyalty should be rewarded, if you missed out on an away season ticket next year, and you had a season ticket last year you only have yourself to blame on missing out to these Johnny Come Latelys, you had a chance to buy yours before them.

Sorry I was merely making a point to SPUD DOWN THE ROAD who seemed to be knocking the away season ticket system.

Not that you are only loyal if u have an away season ticket