Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Smart move Greeno.

From the BBC Sports website:

West Ham keeper Robert Green showed he still has a sense of humour by wearing gloves with "England''s number 6" emblazoned across them for Saturday''s game against Birmingham. (Various)

You tell ''em lad.

We''re behind you.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From the BBC Sports website:

West Ham keeper Robert Green showed he still has a sense of humour by wearing gloves with "England''s number 6" emblazoned across them for Saturday''s game against Birmingham. (Various)

You tell ''em lad.

We''re behind you.

OTBC

[/quote]

Yep, I''m sure Capello found this very funny when one of his mafia henchmen reported it to him. In any case, what makes old haystack head think he''s even number 6 ? Good to see he didn''t save a penalty, it''s reassuring when normal service is resumed.

im guessing no one seen david james cameo performance which got him man of the match at the weekend?

[quote user="we8wba"]

im guessing no one seen david james cameo performance which got him man of the match at the weekend?

[/quote]

Yep, I seen david james cameo performance which got him man of the match at the weekend.

[quote user="And hes the smallest man on the pitch"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Yep, I seen david james cameo performance which got him man of the match at the weekend.

[/quote]

[quote user="And hes the smallest man on the pitch"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yup bor, me too!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="And hes the smallest man on the pitch"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yup bor, me too!

Yep, that''s why I replied in the way that I did zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="And hes the dullest man on the pitch"]

Yep, that''s why I replied in the way that I did zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OTBC

[/quote]

You should get some WD40 on that keyboard.

[quote user="And hes the smallest man on the pitch"]

Yep, I''m sure Capello found this very funny when one of his mafia henchmen reported it to him. In any case, what makes old haystack head think he''s even number 6 ? Good to see he didn''t save a penalty, it''s reassuring when normal service is resumed.

[/quote]Ditto

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="And hes the smallest man on the pitch"]

[/quote]
Ditto
[/quote]

Quite charming aren''t you.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="And hes the smallest man on the pitch"]

[/quote]
Ditto
[/quote]

Quite charming aren''t you.

OTBC

[/quote]

You''re being a bit sensitive, aren''t you ? I suppose it''s because you started the thread.

I agree with smallest man, Greeno definitely didn''t do himself any favours by revealing his irritation at being ignored by Capello. Who would you rank as the top six English goalies and should the list include Almunia or whatever his name is ?

[quote user="All dots"]I agree with smallest man, Greeno definitely didn''t do himself any favours by revealing his irritation at being ignored by Capello. Who would you rank as the top six English goalies and should the list include Almunia or whatever his name is ?[/quote]My biggest problem is not really who is current England number 1 but who will be come the next tournament in 2 1/2 years.For me that will not be James. The reason I thought it was a waste putting him out there is because for me the Coppello should be looking to the future in the friendlies.However his selection was limited in that game as the U21''s are doing what the England team couldn''t do and qualify for their next tournament.So for me whilst consistancy is key my top three keepers would have to be: James, Carson and Green. If Robinson is back and playing and confident then there is a strong case to bring him back in. I think James must be viewed as an experienced keeper for when the situation requires it and I would be surprised to see him still in the England set up once the World Cup Qualifiers are over.I would hand starts to the other keepers against lesser teams and in friendlies as they need to be blooded - even Green. I think that goes for a lot of the younger players. Because believe it or not come the next tournament Beckham will be retired, as will the likes of Gary Neville, Sol Campbell. Other players such as Gerrard and Lampard will be in their 30''s - Rio Ferdinand for example will be 30 come next season. We simply have to be looking now at the next generation of players. The likes of Bently, Lennon, Huddlestone and other under 21''s/young players.I am not saying the other players shouldn''t get a look in - I just think its prime time that the FA assessed what is coming through and if it is good enough.