Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

That was a good point last night.

Make no mistake last night point was a good point earned. Yes we were at home and we had chances to win it but so did they.

Hull are a really well organized side, and very strong to.

I thought we played well in patches. Didn''t like how we played Huckerby out of position just to accommodate a very poor player in the form of Patterson. Would have liked the manager to back his defending player to be strong enough and to have given us half an hour of Hucks left Croft right. I felt all match we were far to reliant on only one out let the right wing. Would have pushed them a lot deeper earlier if we had threats both sides.

Gibbs was awful nobody can argue with that. Young lad who looks to me like he want a central role. Had no idea what to do wide. He may come good for us but we lack the time to really persist with him if he doesn''t contribute like last night

All that said I still think we shouldn''t be too down heartened about last nights game. We were up against a well drilled team and you can see why they are where they are.

You can''t win them all. Good to keep unbeaten.

OTBC

I didn''t go last night, but I already knew that Hull were no mugs, big, strong and a handful for anyone, so all things consided, a good result.

Its only a good point because thats our expectation level nowadays. Yes i know things are different now but i still expect to beat teams like Hull, sorry.

This is a good post HH44. Hull are a better side than a lot give them credit for. They are stronger and more organised than a lot of teams in this division. I think fans have preconceived ideas about our opponenents, Hull are a more difficult side to beat than Cardiff and I would imagine they  will finish above Cardiff. We have to overhaul sides like Hull in order to get into the top 6 but the fact we didn''t beat them was not the end of the world. I still believe it''s possible to get there but it may take us the full 14 games we have left.  May 4th is the best day to claim that 6th spot, when it''s too late for anyone to overtake us. Palace got there too early, they are 10th now.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its only a good point because thats our expectation level nowadays. Yes i know things are different now but i still expect to beat teams like Hull, sorry.[/quote]You cannot expect to beat anyone in this league.  Every weekend you have a team in the bottom 3 beating one in the top 6.   If you went to the game then you would see why it was a good point.   It was a cracking game with 2 very good teams on show.

Nice to stay unbeaten. But, we should win most of our home games anyway. Hull are nothing special, yes they are tough but we should have dealt with them better. They were also missing their best two players in hughes and windass. Really we should have done better. If they had had hughes and windass in last night I could have seen us losing that.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its only a good point because thats our expectation level nowadays. Yes i know things are different now but i still expect to beat teams like Hull, sorry.[/quote]

You say that but are you basing that on previous years were they have been fighting agaianst relegation?

Things change - going by what you said we should ''expect'' to beat Bristol City but that is very unrealistic. Hull have built a good squad this year and are near the play-offs for a reason. I believe you are looking for a reason to critisise the draw when going on team vs team form and record there is not one.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its only a good point because thats our expectation level nowadays. Yes i know things are different now but i still expect to beat teams like Hull, sorry.[/quote]

You say that but are you basing that on previous years were they have been fighting agaianst relegation?

Things change - going by what you said we should ''expect'' to beat Bristol City but that is very unrealistic. Hull have built a good squad this year and are near the play-offs for a reason. I believe you are looking for a reason to critisise the draw when going on team vs team form and record there is not one.

[/quote]

Did i not say things are different now, re read my post, i just cant get in the mindset of being happy drawing home games with Hull. Why has it got to be a pop, i have praised Roeder on many occassions but he is still open to criticism, he is not god just yet, look how many of you have turned on Hucks after what he has done for the club. Be happy with  draw against Hull if you like, i am not, its not illegal.

I certainly agree it was a good point - but what a dreadfully boring war of attrition for the most part! That was one of the most evenly matched contests I have seen for a long time at Carrow Road - you couldn''t honestly say that either team deserved all 3 points.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

Did i not say things are different now, re read my post, i just cant get in the mindset of being happy drawing home games with Hull. Why has it got to be a pop, i have praised Roeder on many occassions but he is still open to criticism, he is not god just yet, look how many of you have turned on Hucks after what he has done for the club. Be happy with  draw against Hull if you like, i am not, its not illegal.

[/quote]

No one is saying it is illegal - everone is entitled to their opinion. But if you didn''t go and watch it, you are basing your opinion purely on your expectations of what Hull should be rather than the well drilled and experienced team that they put out last night. Okocha for example was absolutely excellent, dictating the game, and certainly not the type of player that you would ''expect'' Hull to be fielding. And I''m not having a pop or saying that you are, all I''m saying is that it is difficult to accept your appraisal of whether it was a good point or not when you didn''t even see the game.    

Agreed HH, it was quite a battle, could very well have been 2 or even 3-1 Hull.  Okocha seemed quiet first half but worked well with Campbell in the second, I wasn''t surprised when Campbell scored the goal, he''d been using his pace to make a nuisance of himself generally, and sitting between Bates and Croft on set-pieces, neither of them seemed to want to pick him up, leaving "one over" on a number of occasions.Doherty had 2 or 3 dodgy back-passes which could have caused us problems, but no more so than anyone else, and him and Shackell looked in the main to be solid defensively.  I''m not a regular to Carrow Road, only generally get to go on a tuesday night, but could somebody confirm whether Otsemobor always wears those orange ballet pumps ?  No wonder he missed a few passes, I''d expect the glare off the boots put him off the pass.  That said, he worked well on the overlap when Huckerby came on.  Evans seemed fairly anonymous, probably knackered after Malta on Weds and Cardiff on Saturday.  How about resting Evans and Dublin, and sticking Cureton and Hucks up front this weekend ?  Dublins'' cushioned header was worth the admission alone.  I can''t see why people knock Fotheringham though, his work-rate and determination make him a cracking championship midfielder.  Rusty had a lovely shot on goal, and then a couple that weren''t quite so lovely, but the midfield as a whole worked well against a tough cohesive unit.  Croft had a lot of success, a Hull fan called canary call after the game and said he was glad that Croft was taken off, Pedersen didn''t have much answer for Crofts'' pace and seemed to just bundle him over most of the time, he seemed to get away with that a lot too.I agree with those that say it would have been nice to have 2 wingers on towards the end, especially as it seemed that Huckerby was making an attempt to get back when the ball was lost, but I guess the important thing is not to lose the match.All in all an ok performance and a tough point earned.  If we play like that against Leicester we''ll win.

After the performance a point was a very good result, didn''t deserve to win it, but before the game, on a 3 game winning run, expected better to be honest.

here we go again, i aint basing my views on last night but where norwich should be as a club, imo its not being happy with a home draw with Hull, thats it IN MY OPINION which i am free to post as this is a forum.

[quote user="ricky knight"]here we go again, i aint basing my views on last night but where norwich should be as a club, imo its not being happy with a home draw with Hull, thats it IN MY OPINION which i am free to post as this is a forum.[/quote]Chill out, No-one is saying you cant have an opinion.Check out the post on Fotheringham and listen to Canary Call about Doherty and it seems everyone has totally different opinions about alot of things NCFC related.

[quote user="ricky knight"]here we go again, i aint basing my views on last night but where norwich should be as a club, imo its not being happy with a home draw with Hull, thats it IN MY OPINION which i am free to post as this is a forum.[/quote]

That''s like saying "we thrashed Nottingham Forest, ex-european champions". It says NOTHING about now.

Today in 2008, Hull are richer than us, which means they have better players than us.

[quote user="ricky knight"]here we go again, i aint basing my views on last night but where norwich should be as a club, imo its not being happy with a home draw with Hull, thats it IN MY OPINION which i am free to post as this is a forum.[/quote]

Who has said that you can''t? [*-)]