Sign in to follow this  
canarychris

More Adventurous at home?

Since Glenn came in our home league record reads P 10 W 4 D 5 L 1 F 12 A 9 Pts 17

I salute the job Glenn has done, but with us now clear of relegation isn''t it time that we became a little more positive in our home games. 5 draws from 10 matches and only 12 goals scored surely needs to be improved on if we are to give ourselves any chance of making the play-offs. More worrying is the fact we have won 1 and drawn 4 of our last 5 home games therefore we have dropped 8 points at home and we haven''t scored more than once in any of these games.

It is in my opinion time to return to playing 2 wingers at home and taking a few more risks, like i say we are well clear of relegation but the current home form won''t lead us to the play offs. Come on Glenn, lets make this a season that no one ever forgets!!! 

I agree. If we fail to reach the play-offs it will be because of our home disappointment. Fortress CR has been too easily overcome, for whatever reason. But perhaps we could  risk more by attacking more from the midfield, rather than playing 4-2-4.One reason, throughout the season, has been our failure to convert scoring chances into goals. Without too much difficulty it is possible to think of sveral  real sitters which we spurned. Given that we have the squad we have, and that GR says that they practice shooting in training, we need more goals from the midfield. Rusty has upped his contribution, but the others have scored very few. Tiny has still more to his credit that Shacks and Doc, and they have been there all season!

[quote user="Norwich R Us"]we aren''t going to win every single game. get over it.

[/quote]

u r missing the point!!!!

by being more positive we may have won 3 and lost 2 of those matches, but we would be 4 points better off.

I agree that the original task was to escape relegation which has been done spectacularly well, but 4 the rest of the season we can accept mid table or really go 4 it, after all we have nothing to lose!!!

[quote user="canarychris"]

[quote user="Norwich R Us"]we aren''t going to win every single game. get over it.

[/quote]

u r missing the point!!!!

by being more positive we may have won 3 and lost 2 of those matches, but we would be 4 points better off.

I agree that the original task was to escape relegation which has been done spectacularly well, but 4 the rest of the season we can accept mid table or really go 4 it, after all we have nothing to lose!!!

[/quote]But it''s easy to speculate on what ''could have beens'' but by the same logic we could have lost them all by being gung-ho and conceading weak goals.

cant believe this, i would love to have your current form yet you still moan

if you lost, so what, how can you moan on this great run of results

if you miss out so what? you done tremendous to get to this level let alone push on

be grateful, you could quite easily been bottom now

Christ, talk about putting your own spin on it!!!!

All i''m saying is that if we r to have any chance of making the play offs we need to increase our home points output. Don''t get me wrong, if we make the play offs it will be a miracle, but let''s give ourselves every chance of pulling off that miracle.

i can see where your coming from, everypoint is vital the time to take big risks is mid march onwards those 2 extra points then are MASSIVE

The ship has been well and truely settled, so now we need to step up a gear. Who knows what we might achieve!

[quote user="canarychris"]

Christ, talk about putting your own spin on it!!!!

All i''m saying is that if we r to have any chance of making the play offs we need to increase our home points output. Don''t get me wrong, if we make the play offs it will be a miracle, but let''s give ourselves every chance of pulling off that miracle.

[/quote]

Not sure about this Chris. If we had beaten Hull and Leicester at home but only drawn at Southampton and Cardiff we would have the same points but no complaints. Yes it is frustrating now we get the points away then seem to be dropping them at  home but it''s possibly as much to do with who we have played. Only Leicester from the teams below us have taken anything from Carrow Road since Roeder has been in charge. Barnsley, Blackpool, Colchester and QPR are the 4 visitors from below us we have to come. After that Burnley and piswich are winable and Stoke and WBA look tough.

I''m not sure about changing the system or\and personnel between home and away games, I think a settled team and settled system is the way to consistently get results. It''s great being an "away fan" at the moment. After so many seasons of "It''s the travelling fans I feel sorry for" It''s the "home only" fans who are having a comparitive tough time now. I''m sure it will change but for now just be happy that a win is worth 3 points wherever it happens.