Sign in to follow this  
Tookie140

Iain Dowie sacked as Coventry Manager

[quote user="Making Plans"]Serves him right - the football equivalent to a one hit wonder[/quote]

4 clubs.  Successful at 2.  Not what I would describe as a one hit wonder.

As for the other 2 clubs, he could never surpass Curb''s achievements, so by definition was doomed from the outset.  Further, he was completely undermined by the Chairman.  As for Cov, he was promised the earth, none of which materialised then conducted himself extremely well throughout the on/off/on/off/on takeover debacle.  Better managers have failed in similar circumstances. 

Dowie''s a winner and shall be back.  At least I hope so.

I think its fair to say that he had a very tough situation while there with the financial problems and threat of administration.

Sorry to be a bore but my best mate (WBA fan) is convinced that we would of been Champions if we had signed him in 1992/3. Maybe! Stange looking back how genuinely gutted we were because we finished 4th in the top flight. We were so close and my mate said get Dowie in as back up because you will have some injuries, and he will always get you a few. Perhaps we will never be the close again. For once Ambition would of been the answer.

[quote user="corbs"]Sorry to be a bore but my best mate (WBA fan) is convinced that we would of been Champions if we had signed him in 1992/3. Maybe! Stange looking back how genuinely gutted we were because we finished 4th in the top flight. We were so close and my mate said get Dowie in as back up because you will have some injuries, and he will always get you a few. Perhaps we will never be the close again. For once Ambition would of been the answer.[/quote]

Need to get your history right in your mind corbs. We finished third in 1992-93. If we''d finished fourth we would not have qualified for Europe.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Need to get your history right in your mind corbs. We finished third in 1992-93. If we''d finished fourth we would not have qualified for Europe.

[/quote]

Indeed we did finish 3rd Yankee. And that achievement is something we can still be proud of.

Manchester United have finished in the top 3 in each of the 15 Premier seasons but only 9 other clubs have achieved top 3 finishes. Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Chelsea, Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, Norwich and Nottingham Forest.

Leeds and Nottingham Forest?!?!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Indeed we did finish 3rd Yankee. And that achievement is something we can still be proud of.

Manchester United have finished in the top 3 in each of the 15 Premier seasons but only 9 other clubs have achieved top 3 finishes. Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Chelsea, Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, Norwich and Nottingham Forest.

[/quote]

Leeds please!  Still in existent I beleive!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Leeds please!

[quote user="corbs"]Sorry to be a bore but my best mate (WBA fan) is convinced that we would of been Champions if we had signed him in 1992/3. Maybe! Stange looking back how genuinely gutted we were because we finished 4th in the top flight. We were so close and my mate said get Dowie in as back up because you will have some injuries, and he will always get you a few. Perhaps we will never be the close again. For once Ambition would of been the answer.[/quote]

your mate clearly never saw Dowie play.. he was crap for southampton, Crap for Palace and Crap for West ham! and we finished 3rd in the division.. infact.. im not convinced ur even a fan!

jas :)

Apologies, 3rd place it was, and I supported Arsenal in Cup when Linighan scored! Memory. Actually Dowie was a decent above average player at the time, and would of got a few goals. As for me not being a fan, maybe you are right, I just like to hang out on ''little norwich''s'' board for all the kudos it gives me. Maybe i live in Huddersfield, and watch only non-league, or just maybe ...