Sign in to follow this  
Delias Tasty Nibblets

FSF petition- say no to 39!

All those opposed to the 39th game go to www.fsf.org.uk and sign the petition, which will be emailed to every premiership club.

The FA are planning to sell the fairness and integrity of our league for a few extra million for each club and itself, this must be stopped.

Imagine if Norwich, whenever this may be were relegated from the prem by a point, after losing to Man Utd in Beijing, whilst a relagation opponent pick up that vital point playing Fulham in Seattle. It would be a farce!

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]

All those opposed to the 39th game go to www.fsf.org.uk and sign the petition, which will be emailed to every premiership club.

The FA are planning to sell the fairness and integrity of our league for a few extra million for each club and itself, this must be stopped.

Imagine if Norwich, whenever this may be were relegated from the prem by a point, after losing to Man Utd in Beijing, whilst a relagation opponent pick up that vital point playing Fulham in Seattle. It would be a farce!

[/quote]

Your last point is so fundamental that I cannot believe how the Premier League have prostituted this cast iron principle for the prospect of cash - well I can actually!

In almost any sport, certainly at team level be it at amateur or professional level the principle of playing opponents twice a season (sometimes more) with one at home and one away is absolutely fundamental. To tinker with that and end up playing Arsenal three times whilst a rival plays Derby three times is insanity and instantly devalues the whole competition.

By all means ...''take the game abroad'' but that should be via a totally separate cup competition. No problem with that.

I have joined the campaign - I urge all true football fans to follow. 

I''ve signed. If this passes, I hope (but doubt) that there''d be some Championship clubs big enough, and financially sound enough, to opt out of promotion to the Premiership, despite finishing in the Automatic or Play-Off places for the sake of their fans. The Premiership Season was one of the most unenjoyable season''s of following Norwich I''ve had in 20 years... empty grounds, plastic fans, getting battered every week against clubs with ten times our spending power, and now, should we ever get promoted again, we could get relegated in a radomly chosen match against Arsenal in Taiwan. Brilliant!

The Football League should break away from the Premiership once and for all. Turn the Championship into the top division of the football league and let the 20 Premiership teams go and do what they like.

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]

[/quote]Totally agree, and am about to go and sign. All Norwich fans should do the same.I actually think that the 39th game is a bit of a red herring, though. I''m sure that once people have protested against this, the Premier League will go for each club playing two games, one officially a home game, the other officially an away game, in one of their target territories. It''s classic strategy - suggest something ridiculous in the hope that people will accept something slightly less ridiculous, but still appalling.Anything we can do to try to maintain an English sporting competition becoming nothing more than an international TV show should be done, however. Sign up, people!

We dont want the Yanks dictating to us about football. The next step would be the winners of the league wouldn''t be champions, but have to go to a play-off. No way.

I''m signing !

I think its great Idea, but not in the blueprint of just throwing in an extra game. how about an extra club in the prem 2 games abroad each season one in europe and one further a field The prem is a brand and this will only establish it as the best in the world the tv rights will increase year after year as more people in the likes of china and the us get hooked

dont be so narrow minded lol

Dunnit!!

Over 7000 sigs at time of writing.

Aren`t the so called `big ` clubs always moaning that players are tired out ( poor things) after a mere 38 games. I wonder where they would find the energy for one more appearance fee or win bonus.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££sss

No wonder all these foreign owners have been buying up English clubs. It''ll end up like those American football N.F.L. franchises, No thanks.

Just be aware that the clubs will be e-mailing you confirmation that they''ve received a protest mail off you!   I had to stop and think why Birmingham City, West Ham and Bolton had sent me e-mails this morning!!!!

good news it seems all this won''t be necessary, the Asian football federation are opposed along with Oceania, African countries cannot afford to bid and will not bid. South America has popular domestic leagues so that leaves only North America with all the games and the FA will be reluctant to stage all the games there. But i''ve signed anyway!

Just seen Readings John Madjeski on sky sports,he effectively said ''we have so many foreigners in our league, its only fair if we share it by playing some games in other countries'' ,typical of the money grabbing morons of the Premiership, its our league, its their choice to come and play here.

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]If the FA take the average fan into account, it wont go ahead.[/quote]I wish I could share your optimism. I can''t remember the last time the FA took the average fan into account.

[quote user="yellowngreen"]

I think its great Idea, but not in the blueprint of just throwing in an extra game. how about an extra club in the prem 2 games abroad each season one in europe and one further a field The prem is a brand and this will only establish it as the best in the world the tv rights will increase year after year as more people in the likes of china and the us get hooked

dont be so narrow minded lol

[/quote]

But aren''t we always being told that The Premier League is ALREADY the best in the world? Chelsea will boast of how they have ''penetrated'' the Far East market (if you listen to Peter Kenyon), United will show you how their turnover from the Far East and America has risen in recent years and Arsenal will gladly tell anyone who cares what The Emirates move has meant to their income!

Your idea has merit as it would at least preserve the integrity of the competition in the sense that everyone would still play everyone else twice and that, to me is the critical thing in all this. Having said that, the Premier League is an ENGLISH competition and should remain as such. If you start on this road of moving matches abroad, where will it all end?

This concept of the ''brand'' is nothing more than a red herring flung out by the likes of David Gold at Birmingham to hide behind. He (and the others) are simply seeing the £M signs flashing in front of their greedy little faces. Here''s me thinking we were talking about a ''sport''! I really must get up to speed!      

Of course, if people over there want to watch Premier League teams in the flesh as it were, they can come over here and watch them. Or they could support their local clubs in their own domestic leagues. To me it''s the same as Man Utd fans from Kent (or wherever) - maybe we should move Man Utd down there so those poor fans can go and see them...