Sign in to follow this  
pickle

osemerbor or bates?

now i don''t see much at all in bates, he gave away the ball, lost the headers, and was rubbish to be honest. as soon as osemerbor came on the whole game livened up again and hickerby came on and it livened up even more.

huckerby wasn''t looking his best though...

Semi - bates is a loan, we will not go up this season got to gives our better permanent players as many games as possble. e.g pattison also

Semmy everytime from what I saw last night.It might just be me but I dont think he came off cos he was injured, I think he came off cos he was having a mare and didnt fancy staying on.  The final straw for him seemed to be when he was left on his arse by their left winger.  When he got up he wanted to look like he was injured but I think the only thing hurt was his pride. 

You won''t get a choice. I saw in Bates face that his knee went again - he won''t be starting a while. I would be surprised if we see him again.

You can add Gibbs to this question. We didn''t offer much down the right until him and Bates went off & Hux and Semmy came on.

bates is better defensively but semmy better going forward. but i wish semmy would cut out all the bloody flicks he tries!!!!

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Semmy for me[/quote]

Wasn''t you saying after the Preston game that we should sign Bates up and how good he was?

[/quote]

Yes thought he looked good in that 30 mins against Preston but thought last night he looked a bit nervous.

This is true, which makes the whole thread utterly pointless.

[quote user="Ed Notty"]You won''t get a choice. I saw in Bates face that his knee went again - he won''t be starting a while. I would be surprised if we see him again.[/quote]

My understanding is that these guys are only back ups or cover for what we already have, so the comparison is valid only up to a point. So far its only Bertrand and Cheddars who I''d take permanently if funds allowed.

Bates did look good against Preston and I think he may show that again with a few games under his belt, but on last night''s evidence Semmy.

Bates has barely played for well over a year through injury though - I think we need to be a little realistic in our expectations! Semmy definitely needed some competition, and a rest by the look of it!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]My understanding is that these guys are only back ups or cover for what we already have, so the comparison is valid only up to a point. So far its only Bertrand and Cheddars who I''d take permanently if funds allowed.[/quote]

I''d take Camara, I thought we missed him really badly last night.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]My understanding is that these guys are only back ups or cover for what we already have, so the comparison is valid only up to a point. So far its only Bertrand and Cheddars who I''d take permanently if funds allowed.[/quote]

I''d take Camara, I thought we missed him really badly last night.

I agree, Camara has been a great signing and provides some much needed experience and solidarity at the back that I think we lacked last night.

I''ll give it a few more games before I comment on the other loans though!

I don''t really like either of them. All the games i have seen this season otsemobor has been poor and bates was even worse last night, so i would go for Otsemobor.

I would go for Semmy. He`s done well for us this season, Bates for me  makes too many mistakes, he`s probably keen to impress and had been out of the game for a long time before coming to us, but we dont have the luxury of being able to give him time to get back into playing, we should play Semmy as long as he is fully fit.  

Semmy everytime from what I saw last night.

It might just be me but I dont think he came off cos he was injured, I think he came off cos he was having a mare and didnt fancy staying on.  The final straw for him seemed to be when he was left on his arse by their left winger.  When he got up he wanted to look like he was injured but I think the only thing hurt was his pride.

He went down not far from where I was sitting and it looked a genuine injury to me, he limped off with what appeared to be a knee injury - looked serious.

Kamara... i think he''s a decent player, better than Drury, Strong, Good in the tackle and a decent crosser.. needs to perhaps pass it a bit better though

jas :)