Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

David Marshall soaring high

#20 player in the Actim Top 100 CCC Index.

And #2 keeper just 1 pt. off top spot.

Coca-Cola Championship

Top 5 goalkeepers

NameIndex ScoreIndex RankTeam
1A Basso37819Bristol City
2D Marshall37720Norwich
3W Hennessey37021Wolverhampton
4S Simonsen34531Stoke
5J Speroni34532Crystal Palace

Well done the lad.

OTBC

The lad is coming on well. All we need now is Gunny to teach him to scratch his A@se, skim the bar with his head on the way out, and stick a couple of fingers up to the away fans on the snide and he''ll be yet anougher Norfolk legend from the barbaric highlands!

[quote user="whoareyou"]His point blank save at the start of the 2nd half last night was world class. Possibly one of the best saves i have ever seen.[/quote]It was tremendous, but there''s still something about Marshall that doesn''t inspire confidence.  He''s still slow off his line and his kicking is relatively weak (might be something about the surname?)Glad he''s doing well in OPTA but I think Doc and Shackell might have a few words about his tendency to stay on his line when they''re practically begging him to come and collect.

[quote user="The Bucketman"]Good to see... I havent seen the save again yet but on the first viewing it was fairly fantasmical[/quote]

The current Actim Index is dated 7 Feb., so maybe next edition he''ll be top.

[:)]

OTBC

I was a bit sad last night, but I was in the ground at about 7 ish, Gunn was warming up the keepers in a very unusual way. But this was different, they were kicking the ball, but it had to stay on the line, no further etc. A good warm up for them then...

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

I was a bit sad last night, but I was in the ground at about 7 ish, Gunn was warming up the keepers in a very unusual way. But this was different, they were kicking the ball, but it had to stay on the line, no further etc. A good warm up for them then...

[/quote]

Gunn and the other gk coach quite frankly take the p*ss. I was watching them playing the stupid games and I thought ''how does this benefit NCFC?'' Gunns on the gravy train for life now I suppose

1st of all does anyone see speroni as in the top 5goalies in the league? i dont so thats my 1st point

2nd point hennessey is great shot stopper, and he cant help it if our defence leads to opposition having 10 clear shots at him, anyone noticed stokes 3rd the other day? terrific save, yet no one to cover the rebound

3rd point, hennessey is linked with 4m move, its not fiction its FACT, everton lodged a bid for him and have watched him 11times this season, fulham (before hodgson) villa and bolton also mentoring him

4th hennessey 1st season in the league, he didnt play game at this level till last years playoffs, i recall marshall playing champs league vs barca - so he should be good player

5th hennessey kept record amount clean sheets in football league

im not saying one is better than the other, but you lot to come out and say haha hennessey 3rd, so what? im gladly accept our 2nd choice goalkeeper being rated 3rd in the league. matt murray is blatently the best in the this league if fit then basso, marshall, hennessey all very similar

think you lot should praise your keeper more than thinking off getting one over we8wba!!!

I    thought Former Hammers Stopper Ludek Mikloslko held the football league clean sheet record.. 20 in the 1990-91 season?

AS for Marshall, well done to him.. how is this index put together? clearly they take into account number of shots saved and nothing else...

How many goals have his cock-ups (tuesday night included) and dithering cost us this season?

theres more to goalkeeping then getting hit in the knakcers by the ball and keeping it out...

jas :)

Did Marshys save on tuesday remind anyone else of Greenos last minute save against Pompey a few years ago from Peter Crouch? The game was on tv, ball was crossed in from the right and crouch had a tap in, only for greeno to fly accross and save it on the line. We won the game 2-1 if i remember right, with a late own goal for the winner!

[quote user="we8wba"]

1st of all does anyone see speroni as in the top 5goalies in the league? i dont so thats my 1st point

2nd point hennessey is great shot stopper, and he cant help it if our defence leads to opposition having 10 clear shots at him, anyone noticed stokes 3rd the other day? terrific save, yet no one to cover the rebound

3rd point, hennessey is linked with 4m move, its not fiction its FACT, everton lodged a bid for him and have watched him 11times this season, fulham (before hodgson) villa and bolton also mentoring him

4th hennessey 1st season in the league, he didnt play game at this level till last years playoffs, i recall marshall playing champs league vs barca - so he should be good player

5th hennessey kept record amount clean sheets in football league

im not saying one is better than the other, but you lot to come out and say haha hennessey 3rd, so what? im gladly accept our 2nd choice goalkeeper being rated 3rd in the league. matt murray is blatently the best in the this league if fit then basso, marshall, hennessey all very similar

think you lot should praise your keeper more than thinking off getting one over we8wba!!!

[/quote]

Of course sir. You''re right and everybody else is wrong[|-)] Oh and there have been plenty of times that you have tried to get one over NCFC or a norwich fan on these boards. am I right or am I right?

Someone said to me at the weekend Marshall is the best and worst keeper in the division and on Tuesday night he proved this in the space of two minutes.

First he makes a breathtaking world class save but then he fails to come off his line to make a regulation clearance that would have won us the match. Very frustrating.

c.t you taking what i said wrong, just because i am obviously praising my keeper doesnt mean marshall doesnt deserve to be higher

my main point is about 7 out 9 posts at start was like haha we8wba

my point is how about praising your keeper like the last few posters have than take cheap shots which arent really neccessary in the situation

well done to all the top 5 keepers i say, especially seems they all stayed in top 5 from last time i believe shows level of consistancy of both our keepers

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I    thought Former Hammers Stopper Ludek Mikloslko held the football league clean sheet record.. 20 in the 1990-91 season?

AS for Marshall, well done to him.. how is this index put together? clearly they take into account number of shots saved and nothing else...

How many goals have his cock-ups (tuesday night included) and dithering cost us this season?

theres more to goalkeeping then getting hit in the knakcers by the ball and keeping it out...

[/quote]

but how many points has he earnt us Jase? Omerod clean thru prior to Rustys winner against PNE, Southampton away, we faced wave after wave of attack, the world class save the other night (yes the ball slipped under him for the goal) and Hoolahans penalty save at Blackpool........

I could go on all day.......He has probably over the course of this gained us 12pts. Without those pointswhere would we be?

I just think your a bit infatuated with knocking him down all the time.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

he makes a point jas, goalkeepers of this quality very useful in this league

i can only revert to my team as an example (again i know lol)

but last year we had matt murray without him we wouldnt got in playoffs

he was difference in us being playoff team and ordinary midtable team

maybe marshall can do the same for you guys, i think he defiantly could and he is worthy being at least top 3 keeper in this league

but how many points has he earnt us Jase? Omerod clean thru prior to Rustys winner against PNE, Southampton away, we faced wave after wave of attack, the world class save the other night (yes the ball slipped under him for the goal) and Hoolahans penalty save at Blackpool........

I could go on all day.......He has probably over the course of this gained us 12pts. Without those pointswhere would we be?

I just think your a bit infatuated with knocking him down all the time.

[/quote]