Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Bates returns to Middlesborough

Sorry to be mercenary, but anyone know if we have to keep paying his wages for the rest of the season in a case like this?

He will definitely be missed as he is a very good defender and would probably have claimed the right back slot for the rest of the season.  Jon Otsemebor looked good when he came on against Hull, so hopefully he has got over his achilles problem. 

Should get a striker in on loan now, risk no-one getting injured at the back.   We are pretty solid at the back, we need a goalscorer.Russell can always pull a shift at RB if needed during a game.

Saw this in the EDP  this morning and really feel for the lad. If its confirmed that its cruciate ligament damage then that will be the 3rd time the lad has had this in his short career. This is what he suffered at Ipswich last season and that kept him out for 8 months so thats sad news.

My thoughts are wilth the lad.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Saw this in the EDP  this morning and really feel for the lad. If its confirmed that its cruciate ligament damage then that will be the 3rd time the lad has had this in his short career. This is what he suffered at Ipswich last season and that kept him out for 8 months so thats sad news.

[/quote]I agree, must be heartbreaking for such a young lad trying to fulfill his dreams. I wish him all the best in his recovery and good luck for the furture.

gives another loanee chance to stake claim in the side/squad maybe henry? i personally think sem is more than capable right back at this standard

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

agreed CA. this might actually end his career... its clear that the ligaments arent strong enough for the rigours of Professional football...

If thats the case Matthew shouldnt be too disheartened. Perhaps he could drop into the Conference, still a decent standard and the slower pace of the game could be more beneficial than retiring completely... Many players have done it before.

jas :)

I feel for the guy, I have the same problem

Lets look on a potential silver lining- perhaps now we get in a striker?

I would like to add my best wishes to those expressed on this Board for a recovery. I thought he did very well for us and he will be missed.

All thoughts with the lad, seemed a half decent player and to suffer that for the third time at the age of 21 is horrendous. Reminiscent of Zema Abbey, very unlucky and you have got to feel sorry for the guy. Good luck to him on recovering and playing pro football again, I wish him all the best.

What a shame for the lad.

I thought he looked a very good player in the few games he played for us.

I hope he makes a full recovery.