Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Binners

It is such a shame our simple neighbours will have to spend another year in div 1 (before getting relegated to div 2 !!)

This is rather embarrasing but can someone explain exactly where the "Bin men" tag comes from ? I mean I know they are a load of rubbish but I dont recall when they aquired this new name and exactly what caused it.

Hope you can help, its been bugging me for a while.

K.

The binman in Lovejoy was wearing an Ipswich shirt wasn''t he?

Sorry to be pedantic but as an avid UK Gold watcher I think it was an Ipswich hat. Warren Clarke was the actor and I always think of that when I am watching Dalziel and Pascoe.

I was under the impression it was from an episode of Lovejoy where Tinker saw an Ipswich hat in a bin, brushed it down and wore it.

Personally I think they''re called the binners cos they''re full of you-know-what...

Kathy is right, the Binman''s name was Brian, it might even have been Talbot.

Eric was caught dipping and the friendly Binners emptied rubbish into his sidecar.

It was the episode where two rascals stole coupl of Purdeys (shotguns) and tried to sell them to Lovjoy and rip him off but ended up in the Dust Cart and taken down the Bill Shop, I''ve seen it four times now via UK Gold, which is a sad indictment of the rubbish they put on the box nowadays.