Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Another Manager On His Way?

If Sheffield United blow it today against 10 man Scunthorpe I will not be at all surprised to see Bryan Robson on his way. With managers in any field it is difficult to go into work on Monday morning and listen to the boring monotone of a manager who does not understand that it is not just what you say, it is also how you say it. In this respect and, as it relates to  football managers in the Championship, Robson and McCarthy are on borrowed time again. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]If Sheffield United blow it today against 10 man Scunthorpe I will not be at all surprised to see Bryan Robson on his way. With managers in any field it is difficult to go into work on Monday morning and listen to the boring monotone of a manager who does not understand that it is not just what you say, it is also how you say it. In this respect and, as it relates to  football managers in the Championship, Robson and McCarthy are on borrowed time again. [/quote]

An ''available for employment'' Bryan Robson is one of the most scary things any football club supporter will face in their lifetime. Fantastic player but not a manager.

It amazes me how sometimes an individuals status as a player still carries weight when they repeatedly fail as a manager. Very much like this Alan Shearer for Newcastle manager business. Obviously he hasn''t failed because he hasn''t managed and that is the point, he has no credentials let alone bad ones. 

[quote user="foxile"]

Let''s hope Ian Holloway will be on his way as well.

[/quote]

Already? My goodness, Leicester will be striving for a football league record in manager turnovers. Does anyone have a sense of the record book on manager turnovers over one or two season period?

I can remember that a number of folks on here were pushing for Holloway before Glenn Roeder was appointed. I wonder what Leicester fans would give to have Roeder running things? 

im suprised Boothroyd has lasted as long as he has at watford this season... they have had some shocking games!

Robbo will be gone before Easter....

as will Keegan. whats the betting he says "ive been out of the game too long, it was a mistake blah blah" as they make Dirty Den the manager in his place.

jas :)

some manager under pressure for sure would be

holloway, mccarthy, bothroyd (which seems silly now they top) , robson, mowbray (is even getting stick)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

OK, but not until after Saturday, eh ?

We all know what the first result will be when a team is manager-less...

[/quote]Didn''t work with Duffy though did it ?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im suprised Boothroyd has lasted as long as he has at watford this season... they have had some shocking games!

[/quote]Yeah, being first or second place in the league is really underachieving.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

OK, but not until after Saturday, eh ?

We all know what the first result will be when a team is manager-less...

[/quote]Didn''t work with Duffy though did it ?

[/quote]

LOL.

Personally, i think there should be more clubs in this division with "managers" like Robson, Grant,Duffy,Souness and Alan Shearer although Shearer thinks he is too good to be manager outside of the Premier League,( what a plonker)

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Yeah, being first or second place in the league is really underachieving.

[/quote]

watford were 12pts clear mate, there form has been the worst of any team in the league this season

oh and by way

DOWIE BEEN SACKED!!!

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Yeah, being first or second place in the league is really underachieving.[/quote]

watford were 12pts clear mate, there form has been the worst of any team in the league this season

oh and by way

DOWIE BEEN SACKED!!!

[/quote]Yay.Now for McCarthy

Millwall managed 9 in one season the year they were relegated from the championship, although a couple were caretakers that  refused the job on a permenant basis.They also had 3 chairmen in this time.(They have had 9 permanent managers since 2005)

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Yeah, being first or second place in the league is really underachieving.

[/quote]

oh and by way

DOWIE BEEN SACKED!!!

[/quote]

Dowie has just been sacked from a Coventry side that has the same goals against as NCFC and only four goals for less than us.

It''s a fine line between success and failure.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="we8wba"]watford were 12pts clear mate, there form has been the worst of any team in the league this season[/quote]

Last 6 games they are 3rd in the form league, so obviously sorting out their blip.

[/quote]

true, but then you could said that about wolves 2 games ago

wolves truly put them in the **** with our 4-1 fa cup win, then took them back out of it with there well convincing win other us

if wolves beaten them in league, there were talks that he was gone!

[quote user="we8wba"]

if wolves beaten them in league, there were talks that he was gone!

[/quote]

I seriousl;y doubt they would have sacked him whilst sitting in the Top 3.  I would more think your club and its crap fans would be calling for a sacking than theirs in this situation.

I think there''s every likelihood that, unless things improve over the next 4 or 5 games, Mr. McCarthy will be gone. Wolves were in 3rd place at the beginning of December. Since then they have only secured 11 points out of 42 available. Clearly the pressure will grow on the Wolves Board to act.