Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Why Dion want to retire?

Game after game, week after week, Dion Dublin was the most consistent player for Norwich City this season. When he start for us, he score goals and give the opposite lots of problem; when he''s on the bench, we are struggling and after he come on as a sub, our game change and start to score and winning. He was one of the few players still maintain his highest standard even we are in poor league position. We know he''s 38 years old now and 39 next season, but as Teddy Sheringham and Dean Windass still going strong, why can''t Dion do that? Is it about on wages problem? Come on the Norwich board, SORT IT OUT!

Also can we build up a campiagn start from West Brom home match at April 19th, making the banner to Dion about "One more year!" liked Dennis Bergkamp before?

im not in favour.

i''d much rather dion leave as a legend

rather than staying on, his performances dropping dramatically and leaving because he wasn''t up to it anymore.

rather similar to whats happening with huckerby, our fans suddenly forgot what he USED to be like and now every1 just wants him gone ... dions not gonna let him go the same way

he is a true pro, but i heard him on radio the day he announced it

the main priortises were location, as he is midlands boy and feels its time to move closer to his family - that is why he wont stay on as coach here, but wouldnt be suprised see him maybe team like coventry, leicester coaching after 6months off

the next reason was training, he said his general fitness is great and he can play 90mins, he was saying the motivation to train hard week in week out was getting harder and he wasnt enjoying that side of the game no more

hope he has great last 10-15games and he stays injury free

if only there were more dion dublin type people in football now adays

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]maybe he has seen how poor old Hucks has been turned on.[/quote]

Turned on? How?

[/quote]

Do you not read posts on here or are you too fascinated in what i am posting all the time. If you want a date just ask.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]maybe he has seen how poor old Hucks has been turned on.[/quote]

Turned on? How?

[/quote]

Do you not read posts on here or are you too fascinated in what i am posting all the time. If you want a date just ask.

[/quote]Yes Ricky, Dion comes on this forum daily and is so disheartened by the odd "huckerby isn''t as good as he used to be" jibe by some nobody over the internet that he is going to base the entirety of his career / family / lifestyle choice on it.Unless you are talking about how Hucks get booed on match day? Oh wait... that doesn''t happen.OH RICKY, I BEG OF YOU, DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND GET OUT OF THE RIGHT SIDE OF BED FOR A CHANGE!!!!

oh behave!

why because i dont fall in line with all you percy''s, if football forums are like the wrestling ones then players read them if not their kids may venture on but of course you know different. if you think hucks dont know about negative vibes towards him, you are in dreamland mate.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Turned on? How?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry but I haven''t seen anyone on here turn on Huckerby. Saying he hasn''t been as good this season is hardly scathing criticism in my book. No-one has ever questioned his loyalty and contribution to the club since he''s been here and if anyone does then they are idiots. He can still change a game and put in some great performances but those sorts of displays are few and far between now.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

if football forums are like the wrestling ones then players read them.

[/quote]I agree, it''s probable that an established championship footballer uses internet forums as much as a school fete fat man in tights wrestler.I can''t for the life of me see any difference in their circumstances.

why because i dont fall in line with all you percy''s, if football forums are like the wrestling ones then players read them if not their kids may venture on but of course you know different. if you think hucks dont know about negative vibes towards him, you are in dreamland mate.

[/quote]

I don''t recall him getting a hard time, merely people questioning his pace and that fact that he hasn''t been at his best recently. Let''s hope people like Gary Holt / Chris Brown / Andy Hughes etc. never read them then, beacuse some of the stuff posted regarding them was nasty, but I am sure you never did that RK?

Norwich r us losing the argument sir usually ends up in schoolboy name calling, and i would suggest, hogan and many other top guys are on more than championship players, in fact i make a living myself and travel the world, and i know forums are visited by these guys and families. you seem very jealous of my career sir, perhaps you should change your vey mundane life, there is another thread on here about being more adventurous at home, started by your wife i believe[:D]

Norwich r us losing the argument sir usually ends up in schoolboy name calling, and i would suggest, hogan and many other top guys are on more than championship players, in fact i make a living myself and travel the world, and i know forums are visited by these guys and families. you seem very jealous of my career sir, perhaps you should change your vey mundane life, there is another thread on here about being more adventurous at home, started by your wife i believe[:D]

[/quote]I''m sorry, I presumed your professional peer''s weren''t in the ilk of Hulk "Hollywood" Hogan, how stupid do I look now?If your life is so wonderful then why is it you spend hours on the internet inventing negative speculation about NCFC just so you have something to bi*ch moan about?Going back to my original point, this isn''t about being a ''percy'' or a ''neggi'', it''s about being a miserable git every single day.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

im not in favour.

i''d much rather dion leave as a legend

rather than staying on, his performances dropping dramatically and leaving because he wasn''t up to it anymore.

rather similar to whats happening with huckerby, our fans suddenly forgot what he USED to be like and now every1 just wants him gone ... dions not gonna let him go the same way

[/quote]Exactly. A light burns brightest just before it goes out, so the saying goes, and i think that''s what''s driving his performances at the moment. I really get the impression he''s not got much left in him and no-one wants to see him drift into obscurity. If he keeps playing like or even near he is now until the end of this season, it will be as fitting a swan song as a player could hope for.

norwich r us hogan etc might not be my peers, but i have wrestled all the greats, jake the snake roberts, earthquake, yokozuna, marty jannetty, the barbarian, dynamite kid, british bulldog, jushin thunder liger, all over the world not bad for an old barclay boy with the axrse out of my trousers. i come on here because NCFC has always been my love, still is, just gutted to see the shape we are in now and imo its down to mismanagement, we dont agree, thats fine.

Yokozuna? i rememeber when he used to fight brett heart, nice. This has gone way off topic, sorry if it was my fault. I just You Tubed you ricky, pretty good i admit!

[quote user="ricky knight"]norwich r us hogan etc might not be my peers, but i have wrestled all the greats, jake the snake roberts, earthquake, yokozuna, marty jannetty, the barbarian, dynamite kid, british bulldog, jushin thunder liger, all over the world not bad for an old barclay boy with the axrse out of my trousers. i come on here because NCFC has always been my love, still is, just gutted to see the shape we are in now and imo its down to mismanagement, we dont agree, thats fine.[/quote]

yoko and the bull dog Sadly are no longer with us.. Jake the snake was a top wrestler in his day! has issues though.. as indeed does Janetty.

Tom Millington (the dynamite kid) Lives up north and is sadly now wheelchair bound... a friend of mine has met him though and says he is a top chap! always ready to talk about his career and pose for photos...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]norwich r us hogan etc might not be my peers, but i have wrestled all the greats, jake the snake roberts, earthquake, yokozuna, marty jannetty, the barbarian, dynamite kid, british bulldog, jushin thunder liger, all over the world not bad for an old barclay boy with the axrse out of my trousers. i come on here because NCFC has always been my love, still is, just gutted to see the shape we are in now and imo its down to mismanagement, we dont agree, thats fine.[/quote]

yoko and the bull dog Sadly are no longer with us.. Jake the snake was a top wrestler in his day! has issues though.. as indeed does Janetty.

Tom Millington (the dynamite kid) Lives up north and is sadly now wheelchair bound... a friend of mine has met him though and says he is a top chap! always ready to talk about his career and pose for photos...

jas :)

[/quote]

Tommy imo was the best british wrestler ever bar none.