Sign in to follow this  
Gunn Rack

Norfolk Legends

I was thinking for charity NCFC should play a team of non footballing Norfolk Legend''s but I couldn''t get any further than the defence...any more ideas?

John Wilson (good with a net)

Bernard Matthews (Has plenty of guts)     Alan Partridge (''...and another'')      Black Shuck (Full Bark)      

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Tony Martin Up front... a top Marksman ;)

jas :)

[/quote]

haha best post ive seen in a long time!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Only if we can persuade the opposing goalie to face his goal.

" Only if we can persuade the opposing goalie to face his goal"And the goal was about a couple of feet away. Mind you he would then claim at the aftermatch review that he was actually in the dressing room at the time.

ps don''t ask Nelson to take any of the thrown ins

Seeing as we are struggling what about the journalist/ex-mp/writer Martin Bell.

Although born in Cambridge he is a Norwich fan through and through and also started his career as a journalist in Norwich.

He''d fill the "left wing" position perfectly (you may not understand this if you are of limited intelligence, or cannot google things).

And if it all goes wrong for this norfolk legends team Robert Kett start the protests, dead he maybe but his name would still get a bigger turnout then Smudger''s.

I vote for Robert Chase to barrel up the middle at centre-forward, MWJ at left midield to run head down at the opposition, and DWJ to provide finely sliced mandarins spiked with lime juice at halftime.

Oh, I forgot, the latter two are not really Norfolk people so they don''t qualify. Scub them please and I''ll get back to you later.

I hear that MWJ & DWJ between them have a couple of Norfolk cousins - but I''m checking out the info first since I don''t want them jettisoned too.

After all we don''t want them to take up their ball and walk away, do we now? Perish the thought.

OTBC

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Only if we can persuade the opposing goalie to face his goal.
[/quote]

Very good.

We could have Andy and Sharon Turner as subs, preferably standing on the touchlines without apparently getting involved.

Edith Cavell for physio.

John Cotman as the creative midfielder.

Stephen Fry pushing forward and trying to split the centre backs.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Stephen Fry pushing forward and trying to split the centre backs.

[/quote]

Oh, really.

Myleene Klass, Cathy Dennis, Hannah Spearitt and Beth Orton as cheerleaders.

[quote user="andy larkin"]Marigold as manager - from the Peter Grant school of arm whirlers[/quote]

Fantastic, I''d forgotten all about Marigold, how could anyone do that.

Someone like that needs an assistant to pull the strings though, stepforward the Norwich puppet man, admittedly sock puppets are more his style but i''m sure he could adapt.

Douglas Bader good in the air s*** on the ground, could possibly do a job as a target man.

Not Norfolk born but made some of his reputation here.

[quote user="andy larkin"]Marigold as manager - from the Peter Grant school of arm whirlers[/quote]

lol blimey that''s a blast from the past.  Is he still about?

Sophie Ellis Bextor and Mylene Class ................. a pair of ............ er ............ Strikers !?!? [:D]

i can''t believe nobody has mentioned norwich''s greatest ever pop star Allan Smethurst aka The Singing Postman,

also i heard on the radio the other day that radio 1 dj Tim Westwood grew up in Norwich and went to the hewitt school, he''d make a great scout he could recruit his gangsta budies dr dre and snopp dog to rough up the opposistion