Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

poor substitutions

for the first time last night i felt roeders substitutions were poor. why did he not bring on hux earlier for gibbs and attack down both flanks, we were at home for gods sake, too cautious i feel and pattison should have come on for russell as he was poor also i thought last night.

Erm - what game did you watch?  Pattison was shocking - so why bring him on for Russel who was not our worst player by a long way.  Huckerby came on and looked like a player about to move on - also Gibbs was playing a tight midfield role (like smith did) and HUckerby cant do it.

Also - people are simply underestimating the strentgth of that Hull side last night - it had height, strength, skill and a wealth of experience.

[quote user="baldyboy"]for the first time last night i felt roeders substitutions were poor. why did he not bring on hux earlier for gibbs and attack down both flanks, we were at home for gods sake, too cautious i feel and pattison should have come on for russell as he was poor also i thought last night.[/quote]

why shouldnt we have outmuscled someone for a change? maybe we ought to have gone for strength experience and skill, oh we did when hux came on with 12 mins left!