Sign in to follow this  
Peter

No Reserves on my new pitch

Now we are a Prem club and got new pitch I presume we will be playing reserve fixtures away from FCR to mintain its appearance. Most Prem clubs I know play elsewhere e.g. Spurs at Stev Boro, Man U at Bury or somewhere else.

Nearest suitable venue I guess would be Poorman Rd, maybe Delia would like to approach Mr Sheep etc. they do need the money and it would give them the opportunity to watch quality football.

Surely Eaton Park or Sloughbottom Park would suffice! Oh well, maybe not. Would encourage too many injuries due to the ruts and molehills, and no way of collecting dosh from speclebetaters other than in a hat! Perhaps it''s time to resurrect Newmarket Road then?!

Sloughbottom Park? I can see the report now:

"Norwich City Reserves v Arsenal Reserves - match abandoned. Today''s game between the second string of the two Champions was abandoned halfway through the second half after it got a bit chilly and someone decided to wear one of the jumpers that was being used for a goalpost. One sour note from the game was a nasty incident involving Mark Rivers after he slipped on some dog poo and landed on a discarded syringe."

Exactly what I meant, Peter. Nice one! Don''t forget the damage that can be caused by discarded fridges, car tyres and crisp packets as well.

At Colney, and risk the oppo coaches getting stuck behind combine harvesters in the summer and in snowdrifts in the winter? Great idea!!!