Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Back from Leicester

Ok so we were the best team for the first 10 mins after that we lost the midfield and the rest is history. Bad defeat in the end, didn''t get a good look at the sending off but once Rusty was gone we were in trouble. Sad we had such a huge support but these things happen, perhaps we got a bit too carried away so this is a reality check.

Not so sure why Huxs wasn''t playing but I am sure we will find out but one bad result in 14 not too bad is it?

Bring on Barnsley!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Ok so we were the best team for the first 10 mins after that we lost the midfield and the rest is history. Bad defeat in the end, didn''t get a good look at the sending off but once Rusty was gone we were in trouble. Sad we had such a huge support but these things happen, perhaps we got a bit too carried away so this is a reality check.

Not so sure why Huxs wasn''t playing but I am sure we will find out but one bad result in 14 not too bad is it?

Bring on Barnsley!

[/quote]How did you manage to get back so quick, Ive just got in at 8.00. You must live KL side of Norwich.

Bad day all round, just to to comment on the disgrcefull behaviour of the home fans and stewards. I saw several Norwich fans hit by coins thrown from the Leicester area, one lady appeared to be hit quite badly in the head and needed first aid, but the stewards focused their attention in the Norwich fans, ejecting some, the police started to film the Norwich fans and the purpetrators of the coin throwing were left unchallenged. This cant be the first time this has happened at Leicester so why do the security staff allow it to continue?  

Also back from Leicester a little shell shocked. Quite why I don''t know as this always happens with Norwich.....

Lovely sunny day, 3000 fans, good pre-match in '' The Counting House '' pub near the ground then it all goes pear-shaped. No one, apart from Croft and Dion, seemed to be able to make any impression against, less face it, less than world beating opposition. All the pressure was on the home team and their manager but, as usual, we couldn''t take advantage.

Russell deserved his red card for a stupid foul which resulted in his victim being stretchered off, and, to make matters worse, we had no serious attempt on the Leicester goal throughout the whole match.

Before the game I had time to walk round the stadium and found, opposite the main entrance, a nice little memorial garden next to the river. In it are dedications to former Leicester fans on plaques and benches around a couple of small lawns.

Perhaps I should have added " RIP - In fond memory of NCFC''s Play-Off dreams ", which if we''re honest were little more than a dream anyway.

Yea, I saw that, one of the guys who was ejected/arrested deserved to go as he had been winding up the Blue scum all the second half, not sure about the other. As you say there were some coins coming over and no attempt was made to stop this, been before and seen it before though! Hope the lady is OK.

What about the big fat b**tard who banged the drum, he had a bigger pair of jugs than all the girls I know!!

why did he deserve to go? everybody winds everyoone up in football. if thats how u see it ''rupert'' then surely half the stand should have been ejected ...

we wern''t actually to bad apart from final 3rd. after russels dismissal and second goal it just went pear shaped.

james henry was shocking ....

every time henry got the ball he either gave it away, fell over it or stood on it

no effence to reading but he is there biggest thing to come out of their youth academy then it must be terriable

I didn''t see half the stand taking off their shirts, making rude gestures and trying to insite a riot right in front of the police and stewards. Hey once you have been knicked  what is the point in fighting cos I bet he would have been chucked out but he has now probably been arrested.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

james henry was shocking ....

[/quote]I was going to say the same. Especially in the first half there were a couple of times he pulled out of challenges and one moment I remember where the ball was loose and instead of sprinting to go and get it, he barely broke into a leisurely jog. He was not the only one though, we just didn''t get going as a team at all.I thought these kind of away day performances/results were bad memories from the Worthy and Grant eras and now things of the past. Hopefully this is a blip but at the same time will put some feet firmly back on the floor. We don''t have the squad to get near the playoffs this time around and have a lot of rebuilding to do before next season.Having Fozzy/Dion/Rusty all suspended for Barnsley is not good news either.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]I didn''t see half the stand taking off their shirts, making rude gestures and trying to insite a riot right in front of the police and stewards. Hey once you have been knicked  what is the point in fighting cos I bet he would have been chucked out but he has now probably been arrested.[/quote]

i dont really see anything wrong with taking your shirt off... not offending anyone...

and you didn''t see anyone else making rude gestures ... oh dear, pretty much everybody was!

nah he got kicked out and banned from attending leicester city football matches lol

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="Rupethebear"]

Bring on Barnsley!

[/quote]How did you manage to get back so quick, Ive just got in at 8.00. You must live KL side of Norwich.

Bad day all round, just to to comment on the disgrcefull behaviour of the home fans and stewards. I saw several Norwich fans hit by coins thrown from the Leicester area, one lady appeared to be hit quite badly in the head and needed first aid, but the stewards focused their attention in the Norwich fans, ejecting some, the police started to film the Norwich fans and the purpetrators of the coin throwing were left unchallenged. This cant be the first time this has happened at Leicester so why do the security staff allow it to continue?  

[/quote]

I think Rupert does live on the KL side of Norwich.....in Northampton.

I''m also back from Leic and too shocked to say too much so I''ll calm down and come back tomorrow.

back also, to Loughborough that is! bad day at the office, very poor display, but they were not 4-0 better than us! had a few issues with some guy behind me, talking s*it all game, started goading me at the end of the game and got chucked out by the stewards, shame! am I being over sensitive or is chanting " there''s no whores in Ipswich" offensive? anyway, I took umbrage since I think such a chant is pretty sick and he didn''t like being questioned about it. Anyway,  he started getting  nasty and got removed, shame. If that was you i''d be interested in your justification of such banal and tasteless chanting?

I thought our fans were excellent today, before the game we were singing constantly and drowned out the PA, and we were in fine voice even at 2-0 down, after the third we kind of lost it a bit though, but given the circumstances, all credit should be given i feel!!. Leicester had loads of empty seats, and a lot of theirs fans left at 4-0 up. shocking. They were awful all game though and barely sang til they were 3-0 up. Absolute funeral silence from them until 2-0. and then a little noise until the third.

The referee was awful. worst officiating i have ever seen from noth him and the linesmen.

Absolutely diabolical.

As were we when rusty got sent off, not much to say really, we lost 4-0, i went the wrong way looking for train station for about 3miles and when i found it, i got on the direct train to st pancreas stopping nowhere except St Pancreas, which was on the platform 2mins before another was due on the same platform bound for st pancreas that stopped at kettering so i ended my day with an unneccessary 2hour journey to London and back.

Not a happy day for me.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Bring on Barnsley!

[/quote]

Hucks hasn''t played well enough to be in starting XI but surely we need him on the bench. He may be going in 3 months time but so will Evans, Dublin, Henry, Gibbs, Bertrand etc.

Henry was very poor and it would have been good to bring on Hucks rather than Pattison who has been poor since his move was made permanent.

As for the guy arrested he deserved to be. In fact I would say by his behaviour throughout he was determined to be.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="Rupethebear"]

Bring on Barnsley!

[/quote]

thats because the coins were thrown by some drunk norwich hooligans

Blimey your ''home'' game turned into an awayday nightmare.....next time get yourself a travel agent!!!

If you ever want to share a lift I only live down the road in Brixworth off the A14, took me 40 mins to get home!

A steward told me that the guy with the drum gets a free season ticket, as long as he plays the drum with his shirt off whatever the weather, also he is a really nice bloke who works with children . Now i would not have guesed the by looking at him.

[quote user="Marty"]back also, to Loughborough that is! bad day at the office, very poor display, but they were not 4-0 better than us! had a few issues with some guy behind me, talking s*it all game, started goading me at the end of the game and got chucked out by the stewards, shame! am I being over sensitive or is chanting " there''s no whores in Ipswich" offensive? anyway, I took umbrage since I think such a chant is pretty sick and he didn''t like being questioned about it. Anyway,  he started getting  nasty and got removed, shame. If that was you i''d be interested in your justification of such banal and tasteless chanting?

[/quote]

Good on you Marty! Even within our own fans, there are morons from time to time...whether fuelled by drink or immaturity they need challenging and what better way to ram home the message than it coming from the person next to you in the game, rather than an official. Such individuals can laugh off stewards'' interventions with bravado, but there is real shame in getting it in the neck from your own...hence the reaction you got, I suspect. Whether the game brought out the worst in some of our ''supporters'' or not, it was possibly the worst day I have had following Norwich all over the country. Even Fulham, at the end of the Premiership season was a carnival in comparison...and it was all down to a few of "our own". I will stress that it was a a small number in comparison to the fabulous numbers that went to leicester , but when they are close to your seat it is a big deal and as a result I can remember very little about the game. My experience was inconsiderate standing throughout the game and some stupid racist chanting,  Unfortunately no stewards in the vicinity so it had to be dealt with locally which resulted in ''words''. but not enough people are willing to speak up which makes it more difficult for those that do.

[quote user="kettering canary"]A steward told me that the guy with the drum gets a free season ticket, as long as he plays the drum with his shirt off whatever the weather, also he is a really nice bloke who works with children . Now i would not have guesed the by looking at him.[/quote]

Yes he is a top man. He doesn''t have to have his shirt off - just decided to start doing it about five years ago. He is a really nice bloke and does alot of work for his part of the community concerning children.

I would just like to say thanks to all the Norwich fans who clapped the youngsters as they walked by at half time.I looked across the stadium to see what the reaction would be.It was nice of you to do so.Pre match was quite nice, your fans weren''t causing any trouble and walking around the ground. That''s what  like to see. Not children fighting because they support different sides.That memorial garden some of you noticed isn''t just for former players who passed away, it''s for all of the community as well.We had my dad''s ashes scattered in there (in the middle, where the rocks are) but it was wayyyyy too expensive for a plaque.Overall, the day was fantastic! Beating Norwich is always nice seeing as we haven''t done much to bother you over the past 2 or three seasons.

[quote user="foxile"]

[quote user="kettering canary"]A steward told me that the guy with the drum gets a free season ticket, as long as he plays the drum with his shirt off whatever the weather, also he is a really nice bloke who works with children . Now i would not have guesed the by looking at him.[/quote]

Yes he is a top man. He doesn''t have to have his shirt off - just decided to start doing it about five years ago. He is a really nice bloke and does alot of work for his part of the community concerning children.

[/quote]

Yes, he certainly seemed harmless compared with with some of Norfolk''s '' finest '' who seemed to have turned out in force yesterday.

By the way I heard that your drummer still lives with his Mum.......can we assume he leaves his whacking great instrument behind when he leaves the ground ? Can''t imagine Mrs Drummer Man being too chuffed when he comes home, staggers through the front door, shouts " Hi Mum ", then plonks it down on the kitchen table.

[quote user="ThunderZsolt"]I would just like to say thanks to all the Norwich fans who clapped the youngsters as they walked by at half time.
I looked across the stadium to see what the reaction would be.
It was nice of you to do so.
Pre match was quite nice, your fans weren''t causing any trouble and walking around the ground. That''s what  like to see. Not children fighting because they support different sides.

That memorial garden some of you noticed isn''t just for former players who passed away, it''s for all of the community as well.
We had my dad''s ashes scattered in there (in the middle, where the rocks are) but it was wayyyyy too expensive for a plaque.

Overall, the day was fantastic! Beating Norwich is always nice seeing as we haven''t done much to bother you over the past 2 or three seasons.

[/quote]

Thanks for the compliments ThunderZsolts. We''re usually a pretty harmless lot but I was a bit disappointed that a few of us lost it a bit during and after the game. I suppose a 4-0 defeat didn''t help.

Don''t expect too many Norwich fans noticed the memorial gardens but I had a bit of time to kill before the game. I did say in my earlier post that it was a fans memorial garden - there''d have been a hell of a lot of recently deceased ex-players otherwise - and it''s a nice touch. Many clubs have dedicated areas for supporters memorials, usually in the form of bricks in a wall, but  I don''t remember ever seeing a memorial garden at a football ground before.

No doubt someone can tell me otherwise ?

[quote user="Roed 2 Rouen"]

My experience was inconsiderate standing

throughout the game and some stupid racist chanting,  Unfortunately no

stewards in the vicinity so it had to be dealt with locally which

resulted in ''words''.

[/quote]

Similar to me. I had a group of spikey-hair teen wannabees in front of

me (nobody accuse me of being ageist, I''m only 16 myself!) who, along

with a grown man who I assume was with them, spent most of the match

blocking my view standing up and making pointless gestures at the home fans. The

bloke behind me was clearly drunk, in the wrong seat, and was chanting

things such as "you''re just a small town in India" and "1-0, and your name

is Singh". Someone challenged him about his behaviour to which he

claimed he was being "constructive". He left with 17 mins to go in the

1st half "to go for a p*ss"; and didn''t return. Are people like that

made of money to go and watch 28 mins of football, most of which they

probably can''t remember due to the amount of alcohol they''ve consumed?

Didn''t make the day any more enjoyable on top of the awful result.

It seemed like the majority who went were a credit to the club and did behave themselves. Especially applauding the local kids at half time, thought that was nice.