Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

FREE BET THIS WEEKEND

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Thanks for your unshakable faith in my selections arrdee so I offer a DEAD CERT for this week......

Morecombe v Shrewsbury.....

Home win   [:O]

[/quote]i must say, i''ve little interest or knowledge of the lower leagues, (feels rather like diving for a lost wedding ring in the bottom of cess pit to me) so may have to rely on my fellow posters for guidence.  will chew that selection over lapps

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Well, after Arrdee cockled me last week by napping my nap (watch out if he naps yours cos it won''t win!!), I''ve gone back to my trusty Blue Square Prem. It seems every time I stray from it I end up losing, but nearly always my BSP nap comes in.

So this week, its FOREST GREEN home win v stafford rangers. No special reasonings, its just the one that stands out this week.

Its good to see a few new pickers on here this week, lets hope you come back week after week. Remember, there''s no finger pointing on here. We just tip what we see fit.

Well done Arrdee for having the faith to see this through. I am one proud Canary "young gun". Even more so after your defence of the great [*] we8wba on that thread having a pop at him. I don''t see the problem. This board and more importantly this thread is a better place while he''s here. Suprised no-one''s had a go at me for being "Leeds" Canary. Maybe you should change your name to "Wolves Canary" old son!

Good luck this weeks picker LGT!!!!!

Leeds Canary

[/quote]

Now "leeds" its funny you should say that , I was going to have a word with you .[:D] arrdee.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Good luck Lucky Green Trainers,

My nap this week Stoke to beat Scunthorpe

[/quote]

could be nailed on GJ - are you back on a winning run???
[/quote]

er..well... if this one comes up it will be.... a winning run of one !

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]could be nailed on GJ - are you back on a winning run???[/quote]

[/quote]opps - must be getting you mixed up with another punter!!!

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]could be nailed on GJ - are you back on a winning run???[/quote]

[/quote]opps - must be getting you mixed up with another punter!!!

Lecce to beat US Avellino in the Italian Serie B

Lecce are one of the top two defensive clubs in the division and still very much in the chase to win the division. Avellino have only secured 3 points out of 39 away from home and have a tough time scoring goals. Should be a home win.

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright [Y]

After my unsuccesstul venture into the lower Scottish Leagues last week I am going to attempt the FA Cup this time. Chelsea at home to Huddersfield look good as do Liverpool at home to Barnsley. Barnsley have only won once away in the Championship this season and have lost on each of the four occasions they played Liverpool in the FA Cup so Liverpool get the nap vote from me.

Liverpool V Barnsley Home win.

Good luck LGT [Y] Are those lucky green trainers gonna  make another contribution to the academy........  Not ''arf [Y]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Birmingham vs Arsenal - Away Win.  Form - (5/11)

Birminghams'' last 6 : 0-3-3
Arsenals last 6 : 5-1-0
[/quote]

I know there''s no finger pointing on the Free Bet Thread but aren''t Arsenal playing Man Utd in the cup this week? We''ll put it down to the heady and intoxicating whiff of Dereham air shall we Blah [;)].

After my away success last week with Spurs I''m going for another.

Preston vs Portsmouth - AWAY WIN

After weeks of losing naps I finally got a winner with

Bristol City last week. So here''s for 2 in a row with

PETERBORO'' to beat Barnet @ London Road.

My first venture on this thread...so not sure of the etiquette...but seems similar to my usual Saturday pre-match activity of putting a couple of quid on a series of results!

My 2 top selections would be Stoke to beat Scunthorpe in this evening''s fixture and Chelsea to beat Huddersfield in the cup.

Best of luck to whoever is making the final selections!

For info, I''ve not ''troubled'' my good friend William Hill with my selections so far this season!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Birmingham vs Arsenal - Away Win.  Form - (5/11)

Birminghams'' last 6 : 0-3-3
Arsenals last 6 : 5-1-0
[/quote]

I know there''s no finger pointing on the Free Bet Thread but aren''t Arsenal playing Man Utd in the cup this week? We''ll put it down to the heady and intoxicating whiff of Dereham air shall we Blah [;)].

After my away success last week with Spurs I''m going for another.

Preston vs Portsmouth - AWAY WIN

[/quote]

Yes..Its..not..only..Chesterfield..Is..It.."blah"?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Yes, that''s right Shack, there''s no finger pointing on the Free Bet Fred so we should probably put it down to Blah having another ''Chesterfield Moment'' [;)]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Thanks for your unshakable faith in my selections arrdee so I offer a DEAD CERT for this week......

Morecombe v Shrewsbury.....

Home win   [:O]

[/quote]

i must say, i''ve little interest or knowledge of the lower leagues, (feels rather like diving for a lost wedding ring in the bottom of cess pit to me) so may have to rely on my fellow posters for guidence. 

will chew that selection over lapps
[/quote]I''d better warn you LGT after a run of about seven winners, I''ve now had three losing selections on the bounce so definitely NOT in form. I feel sure you will look at all selections and treat them on their own individual merits. Anyway, best of luck. Every confidence in you !!

How about Ross County to get an away win at Berwick?  Ross County in decent form and top of the league, while Berwick have no win in the last 7 (lost 6 of them along the way) and leak goals like it is going out of fashion.  An away banker if ever there was one surely?

[quote user="inch_high"]

At the risk of starting to sound like a Forest fan, I''m gonna have to go for them again this week.

Forest home win..

[/quote]

i said that, you cheat

[quote user="we8wba"]

same as canary george

i know many dont like the away wins selections

but pompey have enough to win this easily and with nugent starting and several players such as utaka, muntari back i fully expect pompey to win

also there is real value in this bet to with odds around 5/6 will boost a nice fund at the end

good luck

[/quote]

i got in early lol

bit of risky one away but i like pompey to go through mate, but go with what you feel are going to be the winners

good luck

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]come on W8WBA - les be avin your selection before i choose!!!  be postin before 4.30 so latecomers post your naps now!
[/quote]

I think the oracle went for Portsmouth . an away win , I was just wondering if we were going to get another selection from "blah". No doubt he will be forecasting the the result of the Cup Final next week as his selection for the weekend . This is rich fare indeed .

I...think..."blah"...has...had...lots...of...medicine...this...week...[:D] arrdee.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]come on W8WBA - les be avin your selection before i choose!!!  be postin before 4.30 so latecomers post your naps now!
[/quote]

where are you, lets be avin you - sorry couldnt resist mate,

i tried walking away, but the tempetation was to much

sorry W8WBA - didn''t see your selection.now - i''m the kinda punter who likes a bit of fun and am loathed as a rule to go for long odds on chances.  got my fingers burnt many moons ago on the Gee Gee''s by odds on chances falling over the sticks, or 2 & 3 year olds getting boxed in on the rails on the flat.  i also like to go by gut instinct, and those who know me would say my gut is big enough to rule my head!!! however, in the interest of securing a profit for the young city boys - i''m putting aside my normal methods and going for a mix of nailed on odds on chances and some more intuitive chancs, shall we say.  so first up:forest green to beat stafford rangers - gut choice by leeds canary.celtic to beat hearts - cosmic.  (although celtic have letus down badly in the past - hopefully the rift has healed!!!)MK dons to beat wrexham - trent (same rationale as above, although trent was rightly wary to plum for it, i''ve been brave for him and gone tally ho for it!!!)ipswich to beat blackpool - angel - (ipswich''s away form has finally got going (boo hiss!) and rekindled their stalled challenge.  regretfully, i can see them carrying this home form through to wipe the floor with blackpool)leicester to beat city - me.  hate to say it, but i can us carrying on our second half display on saturday.  leicester have lost 3 in a row, but played quite well against watford.  with holly under pressure from mandric, will leicester blink and bottle it, or play a blinder??? i think the latter - blame my gut if it goes pear shaped!!!leece to beat US Avellino - yankee (solid player!!!)everyone a winner - count the money now arddeeee???  how much for the acadermee??

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sorry W8WBA - didn''t see your selection.now - i''m the kinda punter who likes a bit of fun and am loathed as a rule to go for long odds on chances.  got my fingers burnt many moons ago on the Gee Gee''s by odds on chances falling over the sticks, or 2 & 3 year olds getting boxed in on the rails on the flat.  i also like to go by gut instinct, and those who know me would say my gut is big enough to rule my head!!! however, in the interest of securing a profit for the young city boys - i''m putting aside my normal methods and going for a mix of nailed on odds on chances and some more intuitive chancs, shall we say.  so first up:forest green to beat stafford rangers - gut choice by leeds canary.celtic to beat hearts - cosmic.  (although celtic have letus down badly in the past - hopefully the rift has healed!!!)MK dons to beat wrexham - trent (same rationale as above, although trent was rightly wary to plum for it, i''ve been brave for him and gone tally ho for it!!!)ipswich to beat blackpool - angel - (ipswich''s away form has finally got going (boo hiss!) and rekindled their stalled challenge.  regretfully, i can see them carrying this home form through to wipe the floor with blackpool)leicester to beat city - me.  hate to say it, but i can us carrying on our second half display on saturday.  leicester have lost 3 in a row, but played quite well against watford.  with holly under pressure from mandric, will leicester blink and bottle it, or play a blinder??? i think the latter - blame my gut if it goes pear shaped!!!leece to beat US Avellino - yankee (solid player!!!)everyone a winner - count the money now arddeeee???  how much for the acadermee??

[/quote]now ardee - i''ve had a change of heart over the city bet - i proudly posted and showed my selections to me the missus, who flew into one, and even though i was wearing my LGT as picking inspirations, in the ensuing melee - i somehow found  one of beloved trainers wedged where the sun don''t shine.  quickly agreeing with her, and rightly so on reflection, she said, you can have city losin in a bet where other city fans will want to cheer em on!!! so can you revise my selections, cancelling my city bet, and instead put in oxford to beat droyleden (who???)  the selection choice of NYC.thanks for your understanding, and thanks for your selections this week (steered well clear of the cup after last round!!!)

LGT - If you check my post I didnt pick Dons v Wrexham in the end, everytime ive picked a loser its been Wrexhams doing! I went with Queen of the south. Not that I aint super confident the dons will win, just dont like Wrexham! Upto you though if you wish to stick with it.

Good set of picks this week, all the obvious ones but some good higher odds ones as well, looking forward to how it plays out.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

LGT - If you check my post I didnt pick Dons v Wrexham in the end, everytime ive picked a loser its been Wrexhams doing! I went with Queen of the south. Not that I aint super confident the dons will win, just dont like Wrexham! Upto you though if you wish to stick with it.

Good set of picks this week, all the obvious ones but some good higher odds ones as well, looking forward to how it plays out.

[/quote]ok trent - hopefully wrexham will be your bogey team no longer!!!  but looks a good bet - dons doin ok, at home, and if memory serves wrexham are near the bottom??? we''ll see come  sat 5!!!

Well done "lucky green trainers" could I just say its been wonderful to have had you on the Free Bet thread and we are all hoping your final selections come right .I am sure they will ,they all look so good , remember "lucky" you have made arrdee a proud and happy man , I never thought when I started the Free Bet thread that I would have  had over the last few weeks the response I have had . All you lovely old City fans seem to like it .

Remember its all for you . Its yours and you can win money for your beloved club and your Academy. You are the only ones in the country that have this and possibly the world . The only ones,  think of that , what would the fans of Rochdale ,Coventry,Bury, Plymouth, Everton , Blackburn , do with that ? to think they could win money for their club with their knowledge of Football .

So its ...

Notts Forrest--Celtic--M.K.Dons--Ipsxxxh--Leece--Oxford . I will be bringing you the odds and the payout on the morrow also on the morrow I will tell you who selected which teams . In closing if I could just say to my old mate "blah" I would love to give you a big hug and say I will never mention it again . I would love to be able to do that . O.K. I promise I wont and when arrdee promises something he keeps his word , remember I still have Chesterfield though.[:D] arrdee.

Yeah I think Wrexham are bottom, but they have let me down against Peterborough and MK (Away)... But I have faith it will come through for us this time around! Best of luck!

[quote user="arrdee"]

Well done "lucky green trainers" could I just say its been wonderful to have had you on the Free Bet thread and we are all hoping your final selections come right .I am sure they will ,they all look so good , remember "lucky" you have made arrdee a proud and happy man , I never thought when I started the Free Bet thread that I would have  had over the last few weeks the response I have had . All you lovely old City fans seem to like it .

Remember its all for you . Its yours and you can win money for your beloved club and your Academy. You are the only ones in the country that have this and possibly the world . The only ones,  think of that , what would the fans of Rochdale ,Coventry,Bury, Plymouth, Everton , Blackburn , do with that ? to think they could win money for their club with their knowledge of Football .

So its ...

Notts Forrest--Celtic--M.K.Dons--Ipsxxxh--Leece--Oxford . I will be bringing you the odds and the payout on the morrow also on the morrow I will tell you who selected which teams . In closing if I could just say to my old mate "blah" I would love to give you a big hug and say I will never mention it again . I would love to be able to do that . O.K. I promise I wont and when arrdee promises something he keeps his word , remember I still have Chesterfield though.[:D] arrdee.

[/quote]

Sorry my mistake its not Notts Forrest its Forrest green , good job I twigged that , although I think both will win , but the selection is Forrest Green from the young gun "leeds canary" king of the blue square league [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,           £177-13p

When i was younger they used to call me "Mr Confusion" I thought i had got over that, but after this thread not so sure.

So which 6 teams are you going put on Ray ? There seems to be 3 different lists.

Anyway whatever 6 we end up with, good luck with the coupon. I think we''re going to need an extra slice of luck this week, lol.

Well here we are you lovely old Pickers , everyone looking forward to 3 o''clock ? and of course web team Pete 12-30 hoping to see his beloved Bristol Rov win , It will be interesting to see if Pete would have got us off to a flyer or would we be down like a dogs dinner?

I think one selection we all missed was Motherwell away to Gretna , I know we are reluctant to pick away wins but in fact this will be a home match for Motherwell as Gretna play all their home matches at Fir Park I think i am right . No doubt 7rew will let me know if I am wrong, It will be interesting to what odds Billy Dixon gives for that . I think that''s going down on my line , that''s given that one the kiss of death.

I am about to ring the Free Bet through to Dixmar .will let all you lovely old pickers know the outcome soon.[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,                               £177-13p